Operating System (4 Viewers)

Discuss everything about Operating Systems in here.
this happened to me after the 4. or 5. reactivation (I played a lot with my HTPC at the beginning:-) ) You call Microsoft for free and an automated voice gives you a new activation code, you do not have to explain anything.
this happened to me after the 4. or 5. reactivation (I played a lot with my HTPC at the beginning:-) ) You call Microsoft for free...
Hi everybody! Despite the title I think this is the right place for this post. Read on to see why. I would like to tell You of...
Replies
Views
Server 2008 works just beautiful - I run it myself as both TV-server and client. See this thread for details: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-talk-45/how-setup-mediaportal-tv-server-windows-server-2008-x64-44962/
Server 2008 works just beautiful - I run it myself as both TV-server and client. See this thread for details...
Hi, I have a home network with a Windows SBS 2003 server. I thought it would be really useful to install the MP TV Server on...
Replies
Views
Dunno what is the version in WindowsUpdate Simone
Dunno what is the version in WindowsUpdate Simone
Folks, I'm about to switch my HTPC to Windows 7 and I'm trying to gather up all the bits I need. Do I need drivers fro my...
Replies
Views
Try using the MP Audio render (instead of reclock) and set it up as per the wiki it may help somewhat http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/141_Configuration/MediaPortal_Configuration/9_Codecs_and_Renderer/3_MP_Audio_Renderer_(MPAR)/Configuration
Try using the MP Audio render (instead of reclock) and set it up as per the wiki it may help somewhat...
Hi. I'm posting this in the OS section since this is a system-wide problem and does not only affect Media Portal. Maybe someone...
Replies
Views
I'm running a similar setup: Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H Mobo, Intel E8400, 4GB RAM, 1TB WD Green Int. HDD, 1.5TB of WD MyBook Ext. HDD, Antec Fusion v2 running only one 120mm fan, Vista Ultimate x86 running Media Portal using a Harmony 890 and Onkyo 805. For your IR Server Suite did you first install the iMon software and then disable...
I'm running a similar setup: Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H Mobo, Intel E8400, 4GB RAM, 1TB WD Green Int. HDD, 1.5TB of WD MyBook Ext...
First of all let me start by saying a BIG thanks to everyone involved in the development of MediaPortal it is easily the best HTPC...
Replies
Views
i sorted the issue by using the inbuilt mediaportal audio engine and there for bypassing the windows audio issue. Link To Wiki hope this helps. Also a post i made with the settings i had at that time Beginners guide to Mediaportal Codecs and what to use. I say at that time as i sold off all my server gear etc and only use mepo for...
i sorted the issue by using the inbuilt mediaportal audio engine and there for bypassing the windows audio issue. Link To Wiki hope...
Hi, I'm having a little annoying issue and not sure if anyone can help me or not. I have my HTPC running Windows 7 connected via...
Replies
Views
AW: Re: Windows 7 64bit reboots after trying to shutdown and awakes when trying to st thanks but i already tried / checked this. What i've done: - tested Bios ver 1.7, 1.8 and newest 1.9 version - double checked all cable connection / also removed all cables (on change) - tested nforce Drivers 15.37, 15.45, 15.49, 15.51 -...
AW: Re: Windows 7 64bit reboots after trying to shutdown and awakes when trying to st thanks but i already tried / checked...
Hi! I've buyed a new Board ASRock K10N78 and installed fresh Win7 64bit. Now i've the problem when i select shutdown it...
Replies
Views
sikkek, Thanks. I've been running MP1.1.x stable on W7 (both server and client) for some time now. Over the week-end I planned to do an upgrade to MP1.2. Guess what: It took me less than 30 minutes to upgrade server and client.
sikkek, Thanks. I've been running MP1.1.x stable on W7 (both server and client) for some time now. Over the week-end I planned to...
Hi folks, Currently I'm running an XP SP2 based dedicated mediaportal server using 2 Floppy-DTV-S2 cards. To run the BDA...
Replies
Views
Thinking of upgrading my HTPC which is currently running Vista x86 to Windows 7. Can't decide whether I should go with x86 or x64 version of Windows 7. MP is a 32-bit application, so will it run better on a 32-bit OS? Why can't I compile MP as a 64-bit application myself using VS2008?
Thinking of upgrading my HTPC which is currently running Vista x86 to Windows 7. Can't decide whether I should go with x86 or x64...
Hello, I'm planning to install Windows 7 64 bit as OS on my HTPC. I know that MP is a 32 bit application. Are there any...
Replies
Views
The reason why I suggested RAMdisk for timeshifting is that people have reported stuttering on their Live-TV when using both SSD and HDD, but that's gone away with the RAMdrive. But it's just a suggestion if you don't have this stuttering it's not needed. And you can always pick up one of these: OCZ Z-Drive R4 1.6TB PCIe 2.0 x8...
The reason why I suggested RAMdisk for timeshifting is that people have reported stuttering on their Live-TV when using both SSD...
Hi guys, I just got me a 40GB Intel 320 SSD and I would like to know your ideas on how to configure W7/MP for it and maybe this...
Replies
Views
Clean Boot Your System to Stop Launching of the DCFWinService at the System Startup
Clean Boot Your System to Stop Launching of the DCFWinService at the System Startup
Hello, DFS.AGENT.WinService uses 100% of CPU usage on windows 10 Laptop. So the CPU fan always runs to refresh the CPU. What is...
Replies
Views
Thanks Der_Bub. I had set 'Exclusive mode' in Imon manager, but not 'Always on top' in MP. That fixed it for me :)
Thanks Der_Bub. I had set 'Exclusive mode' in Imon manager, but not 'Always on top' in MP. That fixed it for me :)
Hello, I am in Windows 7 with the MP Christmas SVN. When MP goes fullscreen the circular windows 7 logo (the bottom left little...
Replies
Views
Yeah, I migrated to Win7 fairly recently, mainly for gaming and so I could use more than 4GB. I think I would have stuck with XP if I could have, as there's quite a few annoyances in Win7 (like Explorer doing weird things when clicking on folders) but it's not too bad and I'm getting used to it. My Win7 has got fairly messy...
Yeah, I migrated to Win7 fairly recently, mainly for gaming and so I could use more than 4GB. I think I would have stuck with XP...
I recently swapped out the motherboard in my HTPC because the old one was not compatible with my new tuner. I didn't reinstall...
Replies
Views
when trying a new version, what is the best way to upgrade? does it involve removing and resetting up? and can it beinstalled over the top?
when trying a new version, what is the best way to upgrade? does it involve removing and resetting up? and can it beinstalled over...
TV-Server Version: MediaPortal Version: 1.1 MediaPortal Skin: streamedMP Windows Version: Windows 7 Home Premium x64 CPU Type: AMD...
Replies
Views
I am using Dataram RAMDisk free (non commercial license) in Windows 7 64bit, works great and it's free. See the MediaPortal Manual here: TV-Server/UserGuides/Ramdisk - MediaPortal Manual Documentation -Jason
I am using Dataram RAMDisk free (non commercial license) in Windows 7 64bit, works great and it's free. See the MediaPortal Manual...
Hello, can anybody tell me how to inastall a Ramdrive with Win7 64bit? Thanks!
Replies
Views
Hello Hey__me, i use this one with an SATA to eSATA Adapter as an SATA SSD in my MP Client.
Hello Hey__me, i use this one with an SATA to eSATA Adapter as an SATA SSD in my MP Client.
Is it possible to run Vista from a USB Key (say a 16GB key) basically a cheap SSD? looking a power consumption, heat generation, etc.
Replies
Views
How about attaching some logs ? - http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Forum/How_to_post_logs
How about attaching some logs ? - http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Forum/How_to_post_logs
Hello All, just for your Info: ISSUE: The latest "Windows 8.1" Update Rollup KB2889784 released yesterday on 11/13/2013 will brake...
Replies
Views
AW: eeeTop 1602 on Windows7 -> Experience I made simply install the Touch-Screen Software provided at the asus website. It's called "touch Tool" something... can't remember it atm. Even though it says "touch" it is providing the Button support for the eeetop case. :)
AW: eeeTop 1602 on Windows7 -> Experience I made simply install the Touch-Screen Software provided at the asus website. It's...
Hi all, Today I would like to share some knowlegde and experience I gained during the last two days. What I did was upgrading...
Replies
Views
Okay. Thanks for letting me know. My workaround for the moment is to use the Exit MediaPortal (without options) button to close down MediaPortal - I used to use the Exit MediaPortal with options - and now use the power button on my remote to put the computer to sleep and then turn off the power to the computer. It's a bit clunky, bit...
Okay. Thanks for letting me know. My workaround for the moment is to use the Exit MediaPortal (without options) button to close...
I like my HTPC to shut down when I hit the power button on my remote control. The problem is that an MCE remote actually sends the...
Replies
Views
You could try to analyze the Standby process. Look at this tutorial: Trace Windows 7 boot/shutdown/hibernate/standby/resume issues - MSFN Forum Download and install the Windows Performance Toolkit as instructed Run the xbootmgr command that corresponds to "Standby+Resume" to generate an .etl trace Once the test completes (you...
You could try to analyze the Standby process. Look at this tutorial: Trace Windows 7 boot/shutdown/hibernate/standby/resume issues...
I have changed system from XP to 7 and MediaPortal release too of course. From 1.1.2 to 1.2.0. All is OK, MediaPortal runs very...
Replies
Views
After trying things over the last couple of days, I am having issues with some recordings going overtime. I have started a new thread here, which is a more correct forum to post a thread for solving these issues :) Otherwise, I am generally happy with the SP2 update. MLH01.
After trying things over the last couple of days, I am having issues with some recordings going overtime. I have started a new...
Hi All, Just wanted to inform people that Vista SP2 has been released to the public for download. It is the 5-language...
Replies
Views
Hello, thanks, in the meantime I used EasyBCD to configure. Greetings BERND
Hello, thanks, in the meantime I used EasyBCD to configure. Greetings BERND
Hello, I'm looking for a (easy to use) bootmanger tool, to add a second Win7 installation to my htpc (for testing). Has...
Replies
Views
Hi Hafblade. Very good point, I thought that it was simply windows resuming from sleep that made hard drives spin up. I shall test tonight with the side of my PC taken off. I did find this - http://reboot.pro/16267/ It is not absolutely clear, but am I right in thinking that the only way to stop Hard Drives spinning up on...
Hi Hafblade. Very good point, I thought that it was simply windows resuming from sleep that made hard drives spin up. I shall...
Hi there, I am using Windows 7 in my Standalone Setup. I already have three hard drives in there and am thinking of getting a...
Replies
Views
:thx: This was the solution!
:thx: This was the solution!
Hello, I have build a new htpc and have a little problem with background: I set Background to dedicated picture, which is corectly...
Replies
Views
FYI zotac has announced an even smaller box based on the VIA cpu: ZOTAC ZBOX VIA U4025 1.2 GHz Dual Core Barebone Mini-PC [ZBOXNANO-VD01-U]
FYI zotac has announced an even smaller box based on the VIA cpu: ZOTAC ZBOX VIA U4025 1.2 GHz Dual Core Barebone Mini-PC...
First post! Very excited to re-enter the HTPC world! I have a clean slate (actually currently using SageTV which was acquired...
Replies
Views
I have seen the exact same issue on my HTPC. I also use Vista, and I too could never figure out which process was thrashing the harddrive. I normally used suspend with MediaPortal, but found out that when I used my MCE remote to turn off the computer sometimes Windows would do the shutdown and shutdown in hibernation instead. When...
I have seen the exact same issue on my HTPC. I also use Vista, and I too could never figure out which process was thrashing the...
Whenever I resume my Vista htpc pc from a suspended state, the hard drive goes crazy (ie. it's solid on) for about 5 to 10 minutes...
Replies
Views
Sorry, but for me that is no real double posting. One is written in German and located in the germans subforum and one is here in English for not Germans. I do not think, that all Germans handle English quite well (maybe me included) and definetly not all "Not-German" understand German.....
Sorry, but for me that is no real double posting. One is written in German and located in the germans subforum and one is here in...
Hi, I am using mp really a long time, but when the system works fine I do not touch it. (Or my wife do not allow me to....) Now...
Replies
Views
balanced profile this will save power and run cooler.. mediaportal will never go instandby when using livetv or movies / tv shows..
balanced profile this will save power and run cooler.. mediaportal will never go instandby when using livetv or movies / tv shows..
Hi, Are there any recommended power options for a single seat MP running on win7? (for instance minimum processor state...
Replies
Views
yes, load and run backupsettings https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/backupsettings-tv-server-media-portal-45715/#post308533
yes, load and run backupsettings...
Hello, I am going to make (finally) the transparent from WINXP to WIN7. My system is: MB: ASUS M4A78-EM. CPU: AMD5200...
Replies
Views
Interestingly, graphics drivers can cause this error (greyed out option) - using a different revision can fix it.
Interestingly, graphics drivers can cause this error (greyed out option) - using a different revision can fix it.
Hello, "suddenly" going to suspend does not work anylonger :S I've set everything in system for going to suspend, but there...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom