Operating System (7 Viewers)

Discuss everything about Operating Systems in here.
aaah, the configuration.exe.config :rolleyes: I misunderstood, thought you meant the setup.exe...
aaah, the configuration.exe.config :rolleyes: I misunderstood, thought you meant the setup.exe...
Hi all, just want to share this with you 'cause I know a lot of people have this problem. (I had this problem too, untill a week...
Replies
Views
That's an assumption. It could be a compatibility issue between the DD tuner hardware/driver and the motherboard chipset hardware/driver and/or BIOS. In such cases the fault could be on either side. I cannot do anything with such problems. If you haven't already done so, please report the problem to DD and your motherboard vendor.
That's an assumption. It could be a compatibility issue between the DD tuner hardware/driver and the motherboard chipset...
Hi, since I have Windows 10 I have a lot of BlueScreens, just today it were 4 in sum. I'm really tired of the aweful driver...
Replies
Views
I've reset the FSB to 200 now and Standby works, but my PC still doesn't ever go to Standby/Hibernate automatically. TV Server PowerScheduler has "force system to go to standby when idle" disabled and the MP plugin is disabled, so Windows should be controlling Standby. The power settings are set to Put the Computer to Sleep after 1...
I've reset the FSB to 200 now and Standby works, but my PC still doesn't ever go to Standby/Hibernate automatically. TV Server...
I'm trying to use Windows 7's Power Options to Hibernate my PC after x minutes. I don't want to use MP/Powerscheduler, because I...
Replies
Views
I think +1 for that! VdR
I think +1 for that! VdR
Hi, could someone help me setting my server to sleep during night? I have used SetPower to create the appropiate power plans to...
Replies
Views
AW: Re: Windows 7 64bit reboots after trying to shutdown and awakes when trying to st thanks but i already tried / checked this. What i've done: - tested Bios ver 1.7, 1.8 and newest 1.9 version - double checked all cable connection / also removed all cables (on change) - tested nforce Drivers 15.37, 15.45, 15.49, 15.51 -...
AW: Re: Windows 7 64bit reboots after trying to shutdown and awakes when trying to st thanks but i already tried / checked...
Hi! I've buyed a new Board ASRock K10N78 and installed fresh Win7 64bit. Now i've the problem when i select shutdown it...
Replies
Views
Hm, 4Fred is surely right about all that mp stuff, didn't think about these issues deeply enough... Right now I'm a little file-backup-server-minded as I just installed my new whs. For these requirements I still think whs is the better choice but if mp/tv-server is your priority you should go with 7 to avoid problems... There are a...
Hm, 4Fred is surely right about all that mp stuff, didn't think about these issues deeply enough... Right now I'm a little...
Hi Guys, I am in the process of getting the parts to build a dedicated file server that I can place out of the way in my...
Replies
Views
Sorry, but for me that is no real double posting. One is written in German and located in the germans subforum and one is here in English for not Germans. I do not think, that all Germans handle English quite well (maybe me included) and definetly not all "Not-German" understand German.....
Sorry, but for me that is no real double posting. One is written in German and located in the germans subforum and one is here in...
Hi, I am using mp really a long time, but when the system works fine I do not touch it. (Or my wife do not allow me to....) Now...
Replies
Views
Made some progress. The office PC was not using the MP client credentials, instead it logged on as guest (although the guest account is off). I had to delete the credentials to force a new request for credentials. Now I have two additional accounts for network access on the MP server, one MP client to allow read access and one MP...
Made some progress. The office PC was not using the MP client credentials, instead it logged on as guest (although the guest...
I just updated my MP server from XP to W7 ultimate. All clients already run on W7. I can't get the file sharing to work. Whatever...
Replies
Views
Hi Wuptdo, have a look at this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ongoing-htpc-projects-60/whole-house-technology-solution-75715/ Apparently, it is possible to assign a pci card to a virtual machine.
Hi Wuptdo, have a look at this thread...
Heya, I'm wanting to build a server for the devices/pc's in my house to stream video store files etc, and FreeBSD seems to be the...
Replies
Views
this happened to me after the 4. or 5. reactivation (I played a lot with my HTPC at the beginning:-) ) You call Microsoft for free and an automated voice gives you a new activation code, you do not have to explain anything.
this happened to me after the 4. or 5. reactivation (I played a lot with my HTPC at the beginning:-) ) You call Microsoft for free...
Hi everybody! Despite the title I think this is the right place for this post. Read on to see why. I would like to tell You of...
Replies
Views
sikkek, Thanks. I've been running MP1.1.x stable on W7 (both server and client) for some time now. Over the week-end I planned to do an upgrade to MP1.2. Guess what: It took me less than 30 minutes to upgrade server and client.
sikkek, Thanks. I've been running MP1.1.x stable on W7 (both server and client) for some time now. Over the week-end I planned to...
Hi folks, Currently I'm running an XP SP2 based dedicated mediaportal server using 2 Floppy-DTV-S2 cards. To run the BDA...
Replies
Views
I upgraded mid august my HTPC following a catastrophic system hard drive failure of my Windows 7 installation. I've had issues with my Sound Blaster Z Dolby Digital Live failure but that got mostly fixed since TH2. Only running 4 PCs with Windows 10 now and I'm mostly a happy customer :) One annoyance I've had on my HTPC since TH2 I...
I upgraded mid august my HTPC following a catastrophic system hard drive failure of my Windows 7 installation. I've had issues with...
I just installed the new 1511 Win 10 upgrade and ran into a series of issues: All privacy settings are lost and reset to maxi!um...
Replies
Views
Yes. It is your configuration. You can set it to be whatever you like. :) No. As above. The file is created at install time and never changed by TV Server after that. Of course you can manually change it at any time, but most people don't. Personally I don't understand why this file would be any harder to remember than the other 2...
Yes. It is your configuration. You can set it to be whatever you like. :) No. As above. The file is created at install time and...
Hey Guys, For years I have never had MediaPortal TV server work over VPN. I never dedicated too much time to it, and just used...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Operating System Suggestions for OS (1 Viewer) DE
I still like XP Pro SP3 for my HTPC, but will upgrade to Win7 when it's matured. You could stick with XP and try the below suggestion
I still like XP Pro SP3 for my HTPC, but will upgrade to Win7 when it's matured. You could stick with XP and try the below suggestion
Ok, heres my dilemma. I currently have a machine setup which i use to store all my TV Eps and a few movies. Then in the lounge i am...
Replies
Views
Since Windows 10 TH2 upgrade from November 2016 my desktop icons reorganized themselves whenever I turned my HDMI TV off and back on. For a long time I could not figure how to fix that problem, I even had a Microsoft tech support looking at it for a few hours without being able to fix it either. Due to the various side effects each...
Since Windows 10 TH2 upgrade from November 2016 my desktop icons reorganized themselves whenever I turned my HDMI TV off and back...
Since Windows 10 TH2 upgrade from November 2016 my desktop icons reorganized themselves whenever I turned my HDMI TV off and back...
Replies
Views
I got exactly the same problem. Also fresh Windows 8.1 Pro with MP 1.11 (Pre 11 Version) AMD Board (details in my specs) Catalyst version 14.9 It sometimes mutes for 1-2 seconds and than it works. Anybody can help both of us?
I got exactly the same problem. Also fresh Windows 8.1 Pro with MP 1.11 (Pre 11 Version) AMD Board (details in my specs) Catalyst...
After i install Windows 8.1 Pro i have problems with my HDMI Sound. Its mute for the first 1-2 Seconds and works after this first...
Replies
Views
I think I removed almost everything I could think of ;-) Everything that sounded like "NOT NEEDED" was removed or disabled. And till now I never encountered a problem with it. The system is rock stable
I think I removed almost everything I could think of ;-) Everything that sounded like "NOT NEEDED" was removed or disabled. And...
I was thinking about reinstalling Windows (running XP MCE 2005 RC3 now) as it's a very old installation and things aren't really as...
Replies
Views
Ahh gotcha. Changed my power options to be always on for now, until this dumb bug gets fixed. Thank you
Ahh gotcha. Changed my power options to be always on for now, until this dumb bug gets fixed. Thank you
When I leave my computer, come back and try to turn my tv on there is no picture. All I can do is reset... I would go back to...
Replies
Views
Ok, success! But it wasn't easy... Reinstalled with auto updates turned off. INstalled CCC 9.10 and the realtek HDMI audio driver 2.35. No crashing at all, but I still had no sound. So I connected the PC straight to my TV and the sound worked. So what we have here is an EDID override problem. After all of these driver...
Ok, success! But it wasn't easy... Reinstalled with auto updates turned off. INstalled CCC 9.10 and the realtek HDMI audio...
So, I've just spent the last 3 hours returning my HTPC back to normal. At least ONE good thing about there not being a good...
Replies
Views
balanced profile this will save power and run cooler.. mediaportal will never go instandby when using livetv or movies / tv shows..
balanced profile this will save power and run cooler.. mediaportal will never go instandby when using livetv or movies / tv shows..
Hi, Are there any recommended power options for a single seat MP running on win7? (for instance minimum processor state...
Replies
Views
You could try to analyze the Standby process. Look at this tutorial: Trace Windows 7 boot/shutdown/hibernate/standby/resume issues - MSFN Forum Download and install the Windows Performance Toolkit as instructed Run the xbootmgr command that corresponds to "Standby+Resume" to generate an .etl trace Once the test completes (you...
You could try to analyze the Standby process. Look at this tutorial: Trace Windows 7 boot/shutdown/hibernate/standby/resume issues...
I have changed system from XP to 7 and MediaPortal release too of course. From 1.1.2 to 1.2.0. All is OK, MediaPortal runs very...
Replies
Views
Thanks Der_Bub. I had set 'Exclusive mode' in Imon manager, but not 'Always on top' in MP. That fixed it for me :)
Thanks Der_Bub. I had set 'Exclusive mode' in Imon manager, but not 'Always on top' in MP. That fixed it for me :)
Hello, I am in Windows 7 with the MP Christmas SVN. When MP goes fullscreen the circular windows 7 logo (the bottom left little...
Replies
Views
I am right in the middle of building my 1012 R2 server. 6 core 3.3mhz 16G ram 500G Sata Drive NEC D1-10 12T Raid connected thru dual ports fiber channel. Server runs real good. Installed and messing with Hyper-V. Have 2 virtual Win 7 machines so far. 1 for testing 1 for my web server. I am about 3 months into the build /...
I am right in the middle of building my 1012 R2 server. 6 core 3.3mhz 16G ram 500G Sata Drive NEC D1-10 12T Raid connected thru...
Hello, I am running Windows Server 2012 Essentials on my main server machine. After migrating a couple of clients to Windows 10 in...
Replies
Views
Everything works fine! Tried clean installation of MP 1.3, copied all the database & thumbs and finally update to MP 1.6. Also I followed same approach with JMM server & myanime 3 plugin, and it works great. Thank you very much for your support.
Everything works fine! Tried clean installation of MP 1.3, copied all the database & thumbs and finally update to MP 1.6. Also I...
I'm not sure if this is the right area to be posting this. But I need some help. My motherboard died on my HTPC. So I took...
Replies
Views
Hello Hey__me, i use this one with an SATA to eSATA Adapter as an SATA SSD in my MP Client.
Hello Hey__me, i use this one with an SATA to eSATA Adapter as an SATA SSD in my MP Client.
Is it possible to run Vista from a USB Key (say a 16GB key) basically a cheap SSD? looking a power consumption, heat generation, etc.
Replies
Views
For Australian tv (mpeg2) Win7 is far better as it comes with a great video decoder with the OS. Now tho..there are things like CUVID(for nvidia cards) and SAF6(for all GPU cards).. which would work just as well in WinXP.
For Australian tv (mpeg2) Win7 is far better as it comes with a great video decoder with the OS. Now tho..there are things like...
Hi guys, I am running my HTPC in a dual boot Xp/W7 (32-bit) and have disabled most of the unnecessary stuff but I really have...
Replies
Views
Interestingly, graphics drivers can cause this error (greyed out option) - using a different revision can fix it.
Interestingly, graphics drivers can cause this error (greyed out option) - using a different revision can fix it.
Hello, "suddenly" going to suspend does not work anylonger :S I've set everything in system for going to suspend, but there...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've recently successfully upgraded five PC from Win 7/ 8.1 to Win 10. Unfortunately I am now experiencing serious trouble when resuming from standby on two machines. The PCs are waking up, i.e. the power LED lights, but the monitor is staying black and the PC is unresponsive. I then need to reset the PC to get it working...
Hello, I've recently successfully upgraded five PC from Win 7/ 8.1 to Win 10. Unfortunately I am now experiencing serious trouble...
Hello, I've recently successfully upgraded five PC from Win 7/ 8.1 to Win 10. Unfortunately I am now experiencing serious trouble...
Replies
Views
Both of you should post logs as described here: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/Submit_a_Bug_Report
Both of you should post logs as described here: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/Submit_a_Bug_Report
I'm having an issue with MediaPortal 1 and Windows 10. Whenever I reboot my HTPC I have to manually access the network before I...
Replies
Views
Yeah, I migrated to Win7 fairly recently, mainly for gaming and so I could use more than 4GB. I think I would have stuck with XP if I could have, as there's quite a few annoyances in Win7 (like Explorer doing weird things when clicking on folders) but it's not too bad and I'm getting used to it. My Win7 has got fairly messy...
Yeah, I migrated to Win7 fairly recently, mainly for gaming and so I could use more than 4GB. I think I would have stuck with XP...
I recently swapped out the motherboard in my HTPC because the old one was not compatible with my new tuner. I didn't reinstall...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom