Video-Cards (4 Viewers)

Discussions about Video-Cards and their drivers in here
A
Currently, I have my HTPC set up with the primary display being a 20" 1600x1200 LCD. I use the TV out on my old nVidia FX500 to drive an RF converter which puts my HTPC display on channel 100 throughout all the coax in my house. This (and an RF remote) lets the HTPC be used from all of the normal TVs as well as the primary display...
Currently, I have my HTPC set up with the primary display being a 20" 1600x1200 LCD. I use the TV out on my old nVidia FX500 to...
Currently, I have my HTPC set up with the primary display being a 20" 1600x1200 LCD. I use the TV out on my old nVidia FX500 to...
Replies
Views
Anonymous
A
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/hauppauge-hd-pvr-colossus-support.94850/
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/hauppauge-hd-pvr-colossus-support.94850/
I am looking for recommendations as to what video card I should use for mostly input , I am going to try to record HD signal so I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Video card blues... DE
****UPDATE**** Just installed Catalyst 8.5 and the image quality has improved a lot. I think Ati are finally listening to people...
****UPDATE**** Just installed Catalyst 8.5 and the image quality has improved a lot. I think Ati are finally listening to people...
Hi all. I am plagued with issues concerning my video card. I have the choice to use either a ATI or nVidia based video card but...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I'll start checking on them.
Thanks, I'll start checking on them.
I am going to build an HTPC and am a noob at all of this. I was wondering what are some decently cheap tv and video cards out...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Video card ... DE
OMG im lame \: you CAN unlock taskbar and move it to secondary monitor withouth any problem and hydravision can handle apps ... \: Now i wonder if i can somehow FORCE aplications tu start on secondary ... Anyway swtichnig primary and secondary is still quite a pain.
OMG im lame \: you CAN unlock taskbar and move it to secondary monitor withouth any problem and hydravision can handle apps ... \...
What is cheapes video card i need to buy if i want to have 1 lcd on 1280x1024@60 DVI and 1 crt on 1024x768@85 hz And want to use...
Replies
Views
This might be interesting for those contemplating buying an ATI card. AMD/ATi UVD with bad H.264 error concealment? - CiNcH's DVB & HTPC Blog some more discussion here. AMD Game Forums - ATi UVD with bad H.264 error concealment? Seems a fix isn't high priority-. /gibman
This might be interesting for those contemplating buying an ATI card. AMD/ATi UVD with bad H.264 error concealment? - CiNcH's...
This might be interesting for those contemplating buying an ATI card. AMD/ATi UVD with bad H.264 error concealment? - CiNcH's...
Replies
Views
Hey folks, I'm looking to upgrade the video card on my Dell 4600 and am looking for some advice on finding a card that will work with what I've got and give me what I want. I recently bought a Nvidia 7600 gt (AGP 512) which worked well but Nvidia has recently discontinued the Full Screen Video Mirror ability from its 7 series and...
Hey folks, I'm looking to upgrade the video card on my Dell 4600 and am looking for some advice on finding a card that will...
Hey folks, I'm looking to upgrade the video card on my Dell 4600 and am looking for some advice on finding a card that will...
Replies
Views
well, late reply. You probably got an anwser already by buying the hw you liked. :) For the purpose you describe, 1080p, the radeon should be more than sufficient. Coming from an AMD card the benefit seems pretty small. The delay you describe will not be solved by replacing the gfx card. The only thing a new gpu card will be...
well, late reply. You probably got an anwser already by buying the hw you liked. :) For the purpose you describe, 1080p, the...
I currently have an ATI Radeon HD 4670 installed on my rig and I am thinking of upgrading it but I have a few questions to see if...
Replies
Views
Okay - first results from my upgrade: I went and bought the Gigabyte 6600GT with SilentPipeII - I'm holding off on the motherboard until I can see the results of the new video card. I turned off the HTPC, inserted the new card and plugged it into my 37" LCD (via RGB to start with - I'll battle with the DVI resolutions and...
Okay - first results from my upgrade: I went and bought the Gigabyte 6600GT with SilentPipeII - I'm holding off on the...
Okay I've had it - I'm going to replace my ASUS A8N-VM CSM with a separate motherbaord and video card combo. At the end of the...
Replies
Views
I have a Athlon 2400BE and DXVA is working fine under vista.
I have a Athlon 2400BE and DXVA is working fine under vista.
Hi! At the moment i've the GA-MA78GM-DS2H - but i cannot use Vector Adaptive Deinterlacing with my Athlon X2 4200ee and i don't...
Replies
Views
Is this card good for media portal? Is it well supported? I have T-Com IPTV STB with HDMI output. I want to use it in media portal. If anyone has experience with this card?
Is this card good for media portal? Is it well supported? I have T-Com IPTV STB with HDMI output. I want to use it in media portal...
Hello friends, i would like to conect my set of box to my htpc by hdmi as i did with euroconector. How can i do it? Which cards...
Replies
Views
I tested HD3200 onboard two days ago on XP + SAF 5.0. No DXVA problems at all, but i tested on older 9.4 drivers.
I tested HD3200 onboard two days ago on XP + SAF 5.0. No DXVA problems at all, but i tested on older 9.4 drivers.
Hi! I've never played a mkv file before - only HDTV where everything is OK. But when i try to play a mkv file the screen is only...
Replies
Views
I agree with that comparison very much so... not a lot of bs being thrown around at all. I myself go the discrete route with an HD 4670, they recommend an HD 4650 but I and many others have had issues with it handling advanced postprocessing such as deinterlacing. I am extremely happy so far and with 24p just about fixed in...
I agree with that comparison very much so... not a lot of bs being thrown around at all. I myself go the discrete route with an HD...
Interesting article just out ATI Avivo HD + Intel ClearVideo + nVidia Purevideo Blu-ray Done Right: How Does Your Integrated GPU...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
for 23.976 perfect playback, in my case, nvidia with custom resolution/hertz is the way to go.
for 23.976 perfect playback, in my case, nvidia with custom resolution/hertz is the way to go.
I look for a completley new HTPC. The price does not matter. Want to Use the OrigenAE S14V. First I want to get a Intel Ivy Bridge...
Replies
Views
I've never noticed any performance issues at all on my current or previous system (now bedroom tv), then again the best quality I get from Live-TV is 720p. Thanks for info! :)
I've never noticed any performance issues at all on my current or previous system (now bedroom tv), then again the best quality I...
Hey everyone! I'm looking for a very quiet but fast graphic card. Any ideas? It should have HDMI 1.4a and I want it to be very...
Replies
Views
Thanks spranglekas :) That is the bug i had heard of but I am running XP so I assume this will not affect me? :)
Thanks spranglekas :) That is the bug i had heard of but I am running XP so I assume this will not affect me? :)
Hi guys, I'd like your suggestions on ways to go with a new GFX card, as I currently have the ATI onboard chip which has loads of...
Replies
Views
I can definately recommend the Radeon 9550. I've got a passive cooled Gigabyte 9550 with 256Mb, and it runs games fine. Not at top resolutions, but GTA San Andreas is certainly playable. Cheap and silent, suits me fine. Using ATITool I was also able to overclock the core from 250Mhz to 370Mhz without any loss of stabilty or BIOS mods.
I can definately recommend the Radeon 9550. I've got a passive cooled Gigabyte 9550 with 256Mb, and it runs games fine. Not at top...
Hi all, Please let me say thanks for all that have worked on MP, awesome! I'm putting together an HTPC from the following new...
Replies
Views
I would not have a clue regarding this, might be a bit overkill for what we need as main comments from Dev tourettes are all DX9EX related, maybe he will comment more!!
I would not have a clue regarding this, might be a bit overkill for what we need as main comments from Dev tourettes are all DX9EX...
Hi I think my GF8600 GT is dying on me... Sometimes i get horrible pixelation and tearing on eveything (even basic win7 with no...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [ATI] stream software DE
Yep, even ran that online checker as well. All the docs say it should work. but it doesnt, and the support for this software wont respond to emails. so much for customer service! I moved on though. going to stick with ffdshow. no muss to fuss. takes a little time to get it tweeked the way you want it but at least when you ask...
Yep, even ran that online checker as well. All the docs say it should work. but it doesnt, and the support for this software wont...
Ok. i just picked up arcsoft total media theater 3 because I read that it upscales ( as much as possible) ALL media to 1080p using...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Owlsroost - huge thanks, mate - that seems to have fixed it:thx::D There was only a 0000 folder and a vidoe folder, but changing it as per the instructions and your first file worked great. Interface is now showing as DVI and I have more screen resolutions available. Cheers ...Steve
Hi All, Owlsroost - huge thanks, mate - that seems to have fixed it:thx::D There was only a 0000 folder and a vidoe folder...
Hi all, I think I may have an interesting problem:-) I have MP1.0.2 in my HTPC that has been working quite happily through my...
Replies
Views
just applied this to my system and will test as ive had issues for a while, and i did find another solution but it a bit more painstaking and unreliable. ty. :)
just applied this to my system and will test as ive had issues for a while, and i did find another solution but it a bit more...
Hi! I just setup a looping test, that wakes up my computer, starts TV for some seconds and then hibernates the system. I did...
Replies
Views
The MSI card I have listed above is a "Low Profile" card. It fits in most media cases. In fact I have mine in a "Slim" case with a micro ATX MB and there is still plenty of room. I have experienced no heating issues even after long continuous useage. Gary
The MSI card I have listed above is a "Low Profile" card. It fits in most media cases. In fact I have mine in a "Slim" case with a...
Hi guys I have an antec nsk2400 case, using the onboard graphics chip at the moment but I have a spare PCIex16 slot. Am wanting to...
Replies
Views
M
I think the card you've linked to is a little underpowered. I've just stuck a geforce 6200 in my shuttle and I'm very happy with it. It was around 60 quid, and I managed to get one with a heatsink rather than a fan to keep the noise down. The picture quality via tv-out is vastly superior to my onboard graphics card and it seems to...
I think the card you've linked to is a little underpowered. I've just stuck a geforce 6200 in my shuttle and I'm very happy with...
I have a Shuttle XPC SK41G and plan to get a Sapphire 550 pro Tuner Card. Media portal seems to be a wicked program to turn it in...
Replies
Views
Hi. I am a user of this "holy grail" and I can tell you, it's the best HTPC GPU I've seen so far. But this did not mean you can't use anything else...;) Most of the OnBoard GPU are not really powerfull. If they are (like Intel SandyBridge or AMD LLiano / Zacate) full HTPC taste (incl. VA Deinterlacing) can be there. But there are...
Hi. I am a user of this "holy grail" and I can tell you, it's the best HTPC GPU I've seen so far. But this did not mean you can't...
Hi there, I have been noticing, recently, that everyone is talking about the GT430 being the holy grail of video cards at the...
Replies
Views
The refresh rate change is apparently a known problem, I encountered it myself on my 50" Panasonic, connected as third monitor. Only on live TV though, video file playback worked well. Disabling the Dynamic Refresh Rate Control fixed this issue for me. I'm directly connected via HDMI on a Radeon 7870
The refresh rate change is apparently a known problem, I encountered it myself on my 50" Panasonic, connected as third monitor...
I have a Panasonic 55" plasma connected via hdmi-dvi and a BenQ W1070 connected via hdmi. The displays are recognized by windows...
Replies
Views
Just to update the above. I picked up the HD6670 today and installed this afternoon - a painless install TBH. What a difference! The picture looks superb and no pixelation at all. I have tried the limited Freeview HD channels and all are performing flawlessly, bar a couple of dropped frames. I have had the athletic championships on...
Just to update the above. I picked up the HD6670 today and installed this afternoon - a painless install TBH. What a difference...
Hi I'm also looking for a graphics card for my HTPC: CPU: Intel Core 2 6600 2.4GHz Main-board: Intel DG965WH 6Gb RAM W7 pro 64...
Replies
Views
Hi There, im currently using an Intel NUC (i5-5250U) with an internal Intel HD Graphics 6000 card, Unfortunately this card is not able to play UHD content (Movies/TV). So my first thought was about getting an external Graphics card which would allow me to watch UHD Movies/TV at 60hz. Gaming is not relevant for me. I would appreciate...
Hi There, im currently using an Intel NUC (i5-5250U) with an internal Intel HD Graphics 6000 card, Unfortunately this card is not...
Hi There, im currently using an Intel NUC (i5-5250U) with an internal Intel HD Graphics 6000 card, Unfortunately this card is not...
Replies
Views
ah sweet thanks... My tv is an ooooold SOny 29" vega ... dont think itll do that well with HD :-(
ah sweet thanks... My tv is an ooooold SOny 29" vega ... dont think itll do that well with HD :-(
Well hello people :-) Since this is my first post here ill throw a few words of introduction: Im running MP on my primary...
Replies
Views
i only use the DVI-D connection...i run audio separetly thru my amp via spdif
i only use the DVI-D connection...i run audio separetly thru my amp via spdif
Hi. Any thoughts on what to replace this with? I'm fed up with having to hack drivers and even still the video is always lagging in...
Replies
Views
Today upgraded to 11.5 --> same problems, then downgraded to 11.4 --> same problems. Back to 11.3 and every is fine again. Strange! Crappy ATI-drivers. BTW I use HD3200. 11.5 too new for 'good old' HD3200/4200?? regards, Nico
Today upgraded to 11.5 --> same problems, then downgraded to 11.4 --> same problems. Back to 11.3 and every is fine again. Strange...
I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about this: on a system with a Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H (onboard Radeon HD 4250)...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom