Watch / Listen Media (7 Viewers)

Watch TV, DVDs, Videos, view Pictures, listen Music ect.

Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) (18 Viewers)

Problems with the TV-Server or MyTV frontend? Post them in here.

Listen Music (10 Viewers)

General talk, support, improvement suggestions and tips & tricks

watch/edit Videos (12 Viewers)

View Pictures (3 Viewers)

When you start a Support-thread, please make sure your System Specs are filled in (and up-to-date) and you include logs with your post! Useful Wiki information: Known Issues Troubleshooting FAQ
When you start a Support-thread, please make sure your System Specs are filled in (and up-to-date) and you include logs with your...
When you start a Support-thread, please make sure your System Specs are filled in (and up-to-date) and you include logs with your...
Replies
Views
But I also have good news - I have solved the issue. I had tried to find an updated driver for the PCTV 290e USB tuner I have, but had no luck. I then contacted Hauppage support to see if they had a new driver for it. They eventually replied this morning suggesting to install their WinTV product, as it updates the drivers too. And...
But I also have good news - I have solved the issue. I had tried to find an updated driver for the PCTV 290e USB tuner I have, but...
Hi, My MP install has been flawless for ages, but has just started stuttering this last few days. I rebooted, but it made no...
Replies
Views
I solved this issue by changing the stream quality on the AmpDroid client. Apparently neither FFMPEG nor Android VLC are ok for my setup. Luckily, HTTP live streaming medium is ok. The problem with ffmpeg is that it occasionally takes 100% cpu time, immediately causing the video playback stuttering on the mediaportal client. On the...
I solved this issue by changing the stream quality on the AmpDroid client. Apparently neither FFMPEG nor Android VLC are ok for my...
I'm here to try to figure out how to solve an annoying behavior of Mediaportal when used in conjunction with MPExtended. Full logs...
Replies
Views
I finally found that the trouble was caused by my new unmanaged Gbit switch (TPLink TL-SG1005D), or to the default settings of the ethernet driver of my HTPC. I connected the HTPC directly to my router (a Fritzbox 7360) and I was able to stream to 2 clients flawlessly even with wifi (with standard options not the unc). I do not...
I finally found that the trouble was caused by my new unmanaged Gbit switch (TPLink TL-SG1005D), or to the default settings of the...
I am using an HTPC system with Mediaportal 1.5 on a Windows 7 64bit machine (more specs below) as a singleseat installation and it...
Replies
Views
the Viz on MP 1.40 is broken.. and fixed with 1.5 pre-released. greets
the Viz on MP 1.40 is broken.. and fixed with 1.5 pre-released. greets
I am running MP 1.40 on Windows 7 I have bass player on but only vis I can see is alchemy, in Media Player I have 3 others...
Replies
Views
BassFan
B
Hi, Try with another audio renderer -> mediaportal-audio renderer
Hi, Try with another audio renderer -> mediaportal-audio renderer
Can't find the solution in the logs, I hope someone here does ;-) And why do Bourne Supremacy and Identity work with these settings :-)
Replies
Views
my pleasure. hope it helped
my pleasure. hope it helped
Hm - have upgraded my HTPC to play 4k - unfortuntaly when I try to play a file from within MP it dies immediatly ... Regards Markus
Replies
Views
Added a thread. Thanks for the fast responses!
Added a thread. Thanks for the fast responses!
Hi, i come from Windows Media Center. A feature i liked a lot in live/recorded TV was the ability to play an episode with double...
Replies
Views
Thanks for paying attention :). Yup I've got the Xp fix and yes I intend to upgrade to Win7 soon...
Thanks for paying attention :). Yup I've got the Xp fix and yes I intend to upgrade to Win7 soon...
Using MP 1.4.0 I have encountered a weird issue. If I start up MP and then watch TV straight away then I have no issues. However...
Replies
Views
A little idea in the aftermath of the Play vs. Playlist mode change: How about an option to select the position of the next enqueued / played song? Standard it could be "Now", Options would be "Next" and "End" (before scrobbled songs). This could be even selectable within the GUI (aka End would be close to Party Mode). Replica True...
A little idea in the aftermath of the Play vs. Playlist mode change: How about an option to select the position of the next...
A little idea in the aftermath of the Play vs. Playlist mode change: How about an option to select the position of the next...
Replies
Views
I think you could do this using ffdshow post-processing; create a preset with "Resize & Aspect" -> "Dividing Borders" configured as needed, and add a preset autoload rule for "picture aspect ratio match" to launch that preset for 21:9 movies. I don't know if there's a simpler way than that, I'm no expert. Postprocessing Guide
I think you could do this using ffdshow post-processing; create a preset with "Resize & Aspect" -> "Dividing Borders" configured as...
Hi All, Is it possible to move 21:9 video image down to have double black bars on top of the screen and video pushed down to the...
Replies
Views
I think you need to carefully compare the detailed MediaInfo for the audio streams of the files that work (with bitstreaming) and the ones that don't. Your logs show MP trying to connect the LAV audio decoder filter, but the connection is failing - something in the audio chain doesn't like the bitstream...
I think you need to carefully compare the detailed MediaInfo for the audio streams of the files that work (with bitstreaming) and...
Hi folks Hope I'm in the right place for this? ....need some help in setting up to play .265 HEVC files.....HEVC is "enabled" in...
Replies
Views
Just in case, it was the bluetooth keyboard acting up indeed. The keyboard I own (logitech dinovo edge) has the particularity of being "on" while charging on the charging stand, even if the power switch is in the "off" state. And it's tactile volume slider sometimes activates on its own. So a quick and simple solution for me was...
Just in case, it was the bluetooth keyboard acting up indeed. The keyboard I own (logitech dinovo edge) has the particularity of...
Hello everyone, I've been using mediaportal for quite some time and this problem cropped up fairly recently. What happens is...
Replies
Views
When viewing videos or live or recorded TV on my desktop PC with MP 1.12.0, there are a number of things I'd like to do via the mouse only, but I haven't been able to figure out how. (1) How can I control the volume using the mouse? (2) I can fast-forward or rewind using the controls that appear at the top of the screen. But how can...
When viewing videos or live or recorded TV on my desktop PC with MP 1.12.0, there are a number of things I'd like to do via the...
When viewing videos or live or recorded TV on my desktop PC with MP 1.12.0, there are a number of things I'd like to do via the...
Replies
Views
B
it work ;) https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4436 related to https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4428 greets
it work ;) https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4436 related to https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4428...
none of the Developer wanted to add my changes to 1.7 Final therefore I have created here own test build for you. MP1-4391-BUG...
Replies
Views
BassFan
B
According to the wiki, it seems you can only use that feature when using ffdshow as decoder/postprocessor (http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/0_What%27s_New/1.2.x/1_UI_Related_Changes/Videos_Related_Changes/Audio_Delay). Strangely I had some mkv files giving audio sync issues, and switched to ffdshow to let me try to...
According to the wiki, it seems you can only use that feature when using ffdshow as decoder/postprocessor...
Hello com, when i have a mediafile where the sound is async how can i change the audioline that he fit's with the video. In the...
Replies
Views
Hi - yes, that should do it. However, recalled issue I had quite some time ago, slow start on videos - turned out new video I'd added but not viewed was corrupt - in this case MovingPictures was trying to read the meta data - I ended up using nettrace to to find issue [file being on NAS] - possible short cut, check out media added...
Hi - yes, that should do it. However, recalled issue I had quite some time ago, slow start on videos - turned out new video I'd...
Hi All, This has only started to happen in the last week or so. When I try to play a video file it takes about 15-20 seconds to...
Replies
Views
MM, That was it! Thank you to you and Holzi, the issue has been identified. I have troubleshot plugins before, but it was usually due to an error they themselves produced or MP not starting at all. I would not have thought that a plugin that actually works would affect a completely different function, Videos, the way it does. I...
MM, That was it! Thank you to you and Holzi, the issue has been identified. I have troubleshot plugins before, but it was usually...
I have recently upgraded to MP 1.4. I did have some issues with TV resuming from sleep - was not coming back to expected screens as...
Replies
Views
Hey man, similar problem here since moving into my new house. i've got a new switch coming next week so see how it goes, did you ever get the issue fixed?
Hey man, similar problem here since moving into my new house. i've got a new switch coming next week so see how it goes, did you...
I would attach logs, but I'm not sure which ones I'm supposed to attach, but if you let me know I'll attach them. The problem is...
Replies
Views
I ended up using method 1 and that seems to be working fine, though I will need to do more testing over the next few days. Thanks for the help. Tony
I ended up using method 1 and that seems to be working fine, though I will need to do more testing over the next few days. Thanks...
Hello I have four client machines attached to my MediaPortal server. When I watch a program from one client, then stop playback...
Replies
Views
No problem, can happen to the best of us. Glad to be of help!
No problem, can happen to the best of us. Glad to be of help!
Is there a known reason why icons for new videos should stop working at some point? I have several recorded videos (~200), and...
Replies
Views
I'm sure I've missed something simple, but I've googled, and searched on here and not found anything obvious. I've upgraded to 1.3, and ever since my Video Folder is not showing any files. The files are there (approx 1000 movies) I don't tend to bother with the Database in the past, but I scan the folder to ensure it is there, and...
I'm sure I've missed something simple, but I've googled, and searched on here and not found anything obvious. I've upgraded to...
I'm sure I've missed something simple, but I've googled, and searched on here and not found anything obvious. I've upgraded to...
Replies
Views
Maybe in use by another program? Only one program can use/control each port.
Maybe in use by another program? Only one program can use/control each port.
Hi, I have got a multi-seat setup, where the client and tv-server on different pc's and the recorded tv files are on a separate...
Replies
Views
In the earlier logs that you posted I could clearly see continuity errors on the server side. If you record such a stream you're bound to have problems playing it back. In other words the source of the problem is with the TV Server; playback issues are just another symptom.
In the earlier logs that you posted I could clearly see continuity errors on the server side. If you record such a stream you're...
I have been unable to watch the Prime channel here. It's the only channel with this problem. It used to glitch every few seconds...
Replies
Views
Ok thanks for your help, here is the latest update. I deleted all of my channels on the Ceton tuners and re-scanned. The channels still didn't tune. So I set about manually edited the Program number (labeled service ID in the channel data), I had to edit 32 channels out of 280. Interestingly the channels that needed editing were all...
Ok thanks for your help, here is the latest update. I deleted all of my channels on the Ceton tuners and re-scanned. The channels...
I have been working on getting MePo 1.5fina up an running with my cablecard setup. Previously I was running Sage TV. I have been...
Replies
Views
I could swear I saw it, and that I did manually stop-start the tvserver, but now I'm second guessing myself if I did stop-start the server. I must be losing it, because I was also sure I uploaded those zipped logs. :confused: So, long story short, I figured I'd try out MP2 -- ran into problems. Decided I'm comfortable and prefer...
I could swear I saw it, and that I did manually stop-start the tvserver, but now I'm second guessing myself if I did stop-start the...
I keep receiving the error, "unable to create graph," whenever I try to record a channel while playing a channel at the same time...
Replies
Views
I have this issue with HDR as well. I suspect owlsroost is correct. If I enable HDR and watch a 23p HDR film in Netflix app, it works perfectly. If I watch normal TV at 50Hz with mediaportal it flicks every now and then. I only have an intel processor with UHD graphics. The performance monitor in task manager has it working at a out...
I have this issue with HDR as well. I suspect owlsroost is correct. If I enable HDR and watch a 23p HDR film in Netflix app, it...
Hello, I recently upgraded my setup so that my HTPC and projector can output 4K at 60hz with HDR. Windows x64 and my graphics card...
Replies
Views
Sounds like Dan is talking about satellite (Freesat) while MrTechno is talking about DVB-T/T2. Dan, if you are receiving via satellite, make sure you click "update satellite list" before scanning to download up-to-date satellite transponder lists.
Sounds like Dan is talking about satellite (Freesat) while MrTechno is talking about DVB-T/T2. Dan, if you are receiving via...
Afternoon I have just done a rescan of Freesat Channels in TV Server Config and see that ITV HD has disappeared. I know they...
Replies
Views
Hello, since upgrading to MP 1.5 I am getting a few issues. I am in the UK using SD FreeView only. I am using Titan. The less important one is that when the PC is re-started (this happens nightly) MediaPortal sometimes hangs waiting for the TV Service to start. I have tried playing with delayed starts and have now set the TV...
Hello, since upgrading to MP 1.5 I am getting a few issues. I am in the UK using SD FreeView only. I am using Titan. The less...
Hello, since upgrading to MP 1.5 I am getting a few issues. I am in the UK using SD FreeView only. I am using Titan. The less...
Replies
Views
Hi MP has suddenly developed a problem where the tuner fails to initialise (I assume) as thus fails to record anything. A reboot corrects the problem so i have set powerscheduler to reboot and reinitialise the tuner an hour before it is set to record. Anyone with any clues what I have not set properly? Thanking you in advance.
Hi MP has suddenly developed a problem where the tuner fails to initialise (I assume) as thus fails to record anything. A reboot...
Hi MP has suddenly developed a problem where the tuner fails to initialise (I assume) as thus fails to record anything. A reboot...
Replies
Views
Thank you. But it turns out there was something wrong with the operating system, Windows 10, so im going from there now. It turns up all sorts of problem in the log that affects everything.
Thank you. But it turns out there was something wrong with the operating system, Windows 10, so im going from there now. It turns...
Hello. I got some problems with tv server not getting any signal when trying to watch tv. On fresh install i can scan for new...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom