Mainboards / CPU / RAM (8 Viewers)

Discussions about Mainboards, CPU, RAM and their drivers in here
a good source to look around for germans is http://www.caseking.de lian li is also a very good case manufacturer with excellent internal and external design. that means no windows, flashing fans and all that cheap crap golf tuners would adore :D but caseking is not cheapest source for hardware. for the purchase i would look at...
a good source to look around for germans is http://www.caseking.de lian li is also a very good case manufacturer with excellent...
Hi guys, I am quite a newbie in HTPC building and the only knowledge i got is surfing through this board ;) I have a pretty idea...
Replies
Views
I'm running the Asus P5N7A-VM with integrated 9300 and a very low end Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz. I usually don't play 1080 content since my display is only 720, but I occasionally stream from 1080 sources. I haven't watched closely, but I think the GPU is handling most of the video. I can run HD streams while transcoding XVid and...
I'm running the Asus P5N7A-VM with integrated 9300 and a very low end Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz. I usually don't play 1080 content since...
Hallo, I need help, hints to choose the right onboard graphic chip to connect my HTPC via HDMI to my Sony Bravia KDL 40D3500. I...
Replies
Views
I'm thinking the new DFI board isn't shipping yet. At least none of the sources I checked have it yet. I've been buying DFI boards for at least 10 years. Long before they added the flashy stuff and became so expensive. They have always been very reliable and stable. Only one died and that's because the power supply killed it...
I'm thinking the new DFI board isn't shipping yet. At least none of the sources I checked have it yet. I've been buying DFI...
Hi, I've been doing a lot of research on a motherboard to use for a HTPC, and I really like the nForce430 motherboards with...
Replies
Views
Note that the Intel IvyBridge CPU model numbers with '5' at the end e.g. i3-3225 have the higher performance HD4000 GPU (16 EU instead of 6 EU) - this is worth having if you are going to use only the integrated GPU.
Note that the Intel IvyBridge CPU model numbers with '5' at the end e.g. i3-3225 have the higher performance HD4000 GPU (16 EU...
Hi everyone, I'm wanting some advice on a good HTPC rig. Basically I want a really stable setup - it doesn't have to be super...
Replies
Views
Google for "hybrid sli" and "geforce boost". I haven't tried it myself but it might be what you're looking for.
Google for "hybrid sli" and "geforce boost". I haven't tried it myself but it might be what you're looking for.
Hi all, is there a Mainboard (best a AMD785 Chipset mainboard), that can disable the PCIe Slot? I cant find one. Maybe a another...
Replies
Views
The teamviewer pop-up is indeed annoying. I use vnc for my htpc. Quality is a bit less, but very doable for the occasional remote login.
The teamviewer pop-up is indeed annoying. I use vnc for my htpc. Quality is a bit less, but very doable for the occasional remote...
Hi everybody, I have been using mediaportal on a windows 7 machine based on an i3-3220 processor with an integrated HD2500 GPU...
Replies
Views
the X4 is definitely faster, although it probably consumes more power obviously. But I would probably gone for something like this too.
the X4 is definitely faster, although it probably consumes more power obviously. But I would probably gone for something like this too.
I was looking at the Athlon II X2 245e as a CPU for an HTPC I'm building for my brother, on a motherboard with IGP HD3200. Would...
Replies
Views
^ answer abovePS. If your old RAM is DDR3 then just reuse it and add an extra 4GB. If not sell it second hand as DDR2 is more valuable than DDR3 :D
^ answer abovePS. If your old RAM is DDR3 then just reuse it and add an extra 4GB. If not sell it second hand as DDR2 is more...
I am rebuilding my main backers TV server box that acts as a client for 1 room but also serves 3 other client machines. All...
Replies
Views
Thanks Spragleknas, I have just had a read of the link. I suppose 1333Mhz will have to do :rolleyes: - I'm using the large chunk of it for timeshifting. The memory is running in "unganged" mode to allow for the dual memory controllers and it is being reported as running at 1333Mhz. The performance is great, far quicker than the...
Thanks Spragleknas, I have just had a read of the link. I suppose 1333Mhz will have to do :rolleyes: - I'm using the large chunk of...
Hi Guys, I have now given up on my current server motherboard - it will not play nice with multicore processors. I need to get...
Replies
Views
If the System just does nothing, it might be a wrong type of Memory you've plugged into it. (Note: not all DDR3 Memory make the board run. Try a different vendor) If the Memory fits, you just Need to press the power-btn and should see at least the splash Screen of BIOS. The DN2800MT is for sure not the righ choice for HD playback...
If the System just does nothing, it might be a wrong type of Memory you've plugged into it. (Note: not all DDR3 Memory make the...
Hi guys, had a try with the forum search, but no Hits. Has no body (long-term) experience with the DN2800MT from Intel (Atom...
Replies
Views
How much CPU power do I need to stream TS or 720p mp4 to iPad while watching TS or 720p mp4 with MediaPortal. I'd use iPimp or MPExtended. Anyone doing this? Please help.Maybe CPU is irrelevant as there is Airvideo.. Right? :whistle:
How much CPU power do I need to stream TS or 720p mp4 to iPad while watching TS or 720p mp4 with MediaPortal. I'd use iPimp or...
Hi! Posted same kind of message to other area but this concerns just CPU. I need to watch one and record 12 SD channels...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 HTPC for TV (DVB-C) DE
Hello rsbrux, yes, you're right, but Radeon HD's DXVA will be enough for me. The tuner card is expensive, so I can not buy a separate VGA card too. Right now I have to build a new desktop PC, so I won't have money for this HTPC now... I'm still reading tests and reviews about these HW components. If I ever be able to build this, I...
Hello rsbrux, yes, you're right, but Radeon HD's DXVA will be enough for me. The tuner card is expensive, so I can not buy a...
Hello everyone, I looked at many threads, but I hardly found all of my answers for my questions. I would like to set up my first...
Replies
Views
Yes, I'll try and change the default. Unfortunately my processor does not accept HDMI which is why I am anxious to get this working. Thank you for your thoughts.
Yes, I'll try and change the default. Unfortunately my processor does not accept HDMI which is why I am anxious to get this...
Help! I am trying to get SPDIF passthrough working with my external processor and am not having any luck with DTS although 5.1...
Replies
Views
I also use the Enlight case with a Asus A8n-vm-csm (AMD) motherboard and think it's ok for the price. The included p/s is pretty quiet but the fans was a bit noisy so I added a Zalman Fanmate 2 to lower the speed. There is a review here: http://www.caseclosed.co.uk/review_enlight_7473.htm
I also use the Enlight case with a Asus A8n-vm-csm (AMD) motherboard and think it's ok for the price. The included p/s is pretty...
Hello, I have now oficially chunked my Shuttle ST62k, because it would not wake up from hibernate/standby when a recording was...
Replies
Views
I Also wait for the ION 2... Hope that the optical drive is then replaced bij a slot loader type. Otherwise I replace it myself bij a Samsung SN-T083A or similar. The one's currently used are so fragile.. My kids can breake it easily..
I Also wait for the ION 2... Hope that the optical drive is then replaced bij a slot loader type. Otherwise I replace it myself bij...
Hi Community, has someone an ION330 (dual atom) as MP standalone system in use? How is the performance? Is it possible to play...
Replies
Views
ECS do a socket 754 version of the RS482 chipset, that could well be a good choice for you. Its has the features you require + the onboard DX9 capable graphics, would be more than enough for your media portal needs. :wink...
ECS do a socket 754 version of the RS482 chipset, that could well be a good choice for you. Its has the features you require + the...
Hi I am looking for a good m-atx board. The following is important Spdif good standby function socket a or 754 (AMDbased)...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 What CPU? DE
Well, I'm running a Tul socket 754 board with a Sempron 2600+ CPU, 64 bit support and high def audio. It works just fine. Cost for both was about $110 US with shipping. These semprons overclock really well too. What I saved on the board and CPU I used to buy an X1300 card for graphics. I bought it refurbished for $66 with...
Well, I'm running a Tul socket 754 board with a Sempron 2600+ CPU, 64 bit support and high def audio. It works just fine. Cost...
I have no idea where to begin looking for a CPU for my HTPC. I want to use the HTPC mainly for watching and recording TV and...
Replies
Views
hi i am trying to built my first htpc... the SO is win 7 (32) FE mediaportal... but... which mb? ASUS AT3N7A-I (or wait for the AT5IONT-I... completely passive, usb3 with wireless controller...) or ASROCK 880GMH/USB3 (with amd 610e ... only 45w) which of them work well with mp?
hi i am trying to built my first htpc... the SO is win 7 (32) FE mediaportal... but... which mb? ASUS AT3N7A-I (or wait...
hi i am trying to built my first htpc... the SO is win 7 (32) FE mediaportal... but... which mb? ASUS AT3N7A-I (or wait...
Replies
Views
Thanks for take the time to look at my problem. I attached the logs. It actually acted somewhat nice when everything was disabled in debug mode although there still was major framedrops.
Thanks for take the time to look at my problem. I attached the logs. It actually acted somewhat nice when everything was...
Right now my HTPC have a Point Of View - ION330 mainboad but i can't get it play HD Live tv with Mediaportal. (it works fine in...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 CPU DE
WishyWashy's suggestion to go for a Thunderbird 1.4Ghz is not such a good choice, since that is one of the most heat producing AMD cores. :o 1.4 Ghz should suffice though
WishyWashy's suggestion to go for a Thunderbird 1.4Ghz is not such a good choice, since that is one of the most heat producing AMD...
Which CPU is recommend for MP? I am thinking about a Athlon 64. Or is the performance of a AMD Semperon god enough for MP?
Replies
Views
Marcus, I saw your post above about your Albatron motherboard. I was thinking of getting this exact MB because of it's onboard TV Out to keep initial costs down. My HTPC would only be used for watching/recording and playback to SD digital tv using just the TV Out port. For DVD movie playback I'd just stick to using my regular...
Marcus, I saw your post above about your Albatron motherboard. I was thinking of getting this exact MB because of it's onboard TV...
Hi I am going to build an new htpc. I already have samsung hd hauppauge 150 saphire radeon 256 mb samsung dvd player...
Replies
Views
scottb721
S
>click<
>click<
Hi guys I want to upgrade my old AMD64 x2 4200+ CPU becase, When i want play a big ass 1080p rip ( 9~15 gigabyte). Al i get is...
Replies
Views
AW: Does AM3 CPU work on a AM2+ motherboard? Hi, it is always good to consult the manual or vendor provided CPU compatibility list. GA-MA78GM-S2H (rev.1.0) - GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - CPU Support List AMD Athlon II X4 600e appears to be listed. Check the BIOS version.
AW: Does AM3 CPU work on a AM2+ motherboard? Hi, it is always good to consult the manual or vendor provided CPU compatibility...
I've got a Gigabyte MA-78GM-S2H (AM2+ Mainboard) and I'd like to upgrade my dualcore processor to a quadcore. I'd prefer a 45W...
Replies
Views
Thanks guys, I'm glad I asked now. The board is the Asus M4A785TD-M EVO, and it does indeed have ATI onboard graphics (Radeon HD 4200), so that's something I'll have to look into. Don't plan on doing much encoding on that machine. I do want to upscale SD video/DVDs and TV channels though. I also just saw that ffdshow has a new...
Thanks guys, I'm glad I asked now. The board is the Asus M4A785TD-M EVO, and it does indeed have ATI onboard graphics (Radeon HD...
Hi folks, simple question - which is better for MP use, more cores or more clock speed? I currently have a socket AM2 Athlon 2.6GHz...
Replies
Views
Hi again Kris As much as I hate to say it, you *might* have a faulty card there. Having said that, not all motherboards support x1 cards in x16 slots even though the standard says it should work - personal experience talking there. I wouldn't set the PCIe slot width to x1 - I would leave that at default. I'd also update to the latest...
Hi again Kris As much as I hate to say it, you *might* have a faulty card there. Having said that, not all motherboards support x1...
Hi everybody! First time poster, long time visitor. I recently decided to build a HTPC. Specs as follows: Mobo: BIOSTAR A880G+...
Replies
Views
Hi All, At the moment I am running mediaportal TV-SERVER on a dedicated Windows Home Server (MS Server 2003). My dedicated TV-SERVER configuration: AMD64 SEMPRON 2800+ ASUS K8N nforce3 2x Technotrend CI-1501 DVB-C No video card installed Watching SD channels on my Mediaportal CLIENT works fine (TV-SERVER processor is...
Hi All, At the moment I am running mediaportal TV-SERVER on a dedicated Windows Home Server (MS Server 2003). My dedicated...
Hi All, At the moment I am running mediaportal TV-SERVER on a dedicated Windows Home Server (MS Server 2003). My dedicated...
Replies
Views
Just remember guys, if you get the A8N-VM CSM you have to get the optional PCI riser card. The case is provided with an AGP/PCI riser, but the motherboard doesn't have an AGP slot!!!!
Just remember guys, if you get the A8N-VM CSM you have to get the optional PCI riser card. The case is provided with an AGP/PCI...
Can this mobo do in a HTPC? I'm thinking about graphics/audio Case:Silverstone LC04. Any sugest for speed of CPU, it must run...
Replies
Views
AW: My odyssey to 5.1 digital surround sound Hello WhiteNinja, You're right. However these offers were rare (I remember scanning ebay during a month or so) and then they cost the same or even more than the new bracket from ASUS. In fact this was my planned fallback solution, should my DIY not work. Have a good time...
AW: My odyssey to 5.1 digital surround sound Hello WhiteNinja, You're right. However these offers were rare (I remember...
Hello all, I wanted to report from my odyssey and hope that it helps someone. The target: Enjoy digital 5.1 surround sound...
Replies
Views
Hi Felldin, please note that 10% is for a HD channel, 'normal' channels are much lower (max 5%) regards, Ruud.
Hi Felldin, please note that 10% is for a HD channel, 'normal' channels are much lower (max 5%) regards, Ruud.
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how my mediaportalsystem should look. I'm aiming for a cheep and power efficient server. I found the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Is this CPU Enough? DE
thanks for the replies guys, ended up going for the AMD 4600 x2. As for the GPU, i have had nothing but problems with the ATi catalyst drivers and mediaportal with silly crashes (using 7.2, 7.9 or 7.10) so have stuck in an Nvidia 6600GT and MP is running like a sweetheart now :)
thanks for the replies guys, ended up going for the AMD 4600 x2. As for the GPU, i have had nothing but problems with the ATi...
Hi All, I am looking at putting together a dedicated HTPC to run MP and be used for streaming x264 from my main pc over LAN...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom