General (71 Viewers)

The tool was designed for Media Portal version 1.x, and is not certified to work with Media Portal version 2.x. There are no plans to support version 2.x either, at least in the immediate future. As for the "standard", that depends on who you talk to. The XML format the tool utilizes was designed around the Moving Pictures database...
The tool was designed for Media Portal version 1.x, and is not certified to work with Media Portal version 2.x. There are no plans...
Hi, i exported my mp1 moving pictures database with the tool "moving pictures import export gui". the tool creates an xml for...
Replies
Views
Could you please add this option for movies, music and pictures? For me (and i think, a lot of users more) this option is very important, especially with very large collections.
Could you please add this option for movies, music and pictures? For me (and i think, a lot of users more) this option is very...
Hi! Is there already a sort option for media "by date added" (ascending, descending) in MP2? Best regards Helios
Replies
Views
T
MP1 MP2 Starting in Live TV? (1 Viewer) DE
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/how-to-start-last-watched-tv-channel-on-mediaporta-start-l.127754/#post-1102077
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/how-to-start-last-watched-tv-channel-on-mediaporta-start-l.127754/#post-1102077
One thing I've been trying to achieve, can MP be set to start in Live TV or if not then in the EPG? Been trying to find a start up...
Replies
Views
Ok, I understand. Could you at least post the beginning of the log? Only the lines until the first render errors are logged. This should be only < 600 lines until MP2 is running in homescreen. No idea if this helps us, but it's worth a try to find the cause for this behavior! I expect some issue like missing permissions, but it's...
Ok, I understand. Could you at least post the beginning of the log? Only the lines until the first render errors are logged. This...
Clean Windows 8.1 install, Add programs/features .net 3.5 from cd patched via windows update to latest. included DX 9 update...
Replies
Views
I use this application: http://www.therenamer.com/ I rename with the film title followed by the year in brackets: e.g. An American Werewolf in London (1981) and do this for both the folder that contains the film and any files within that folder
I use this application: http://www.therenamer.com/ I rename with the film title followed by the year in brackets: e.g. An...
What is the best way to name movies so the importer can correctly identify them? Specifically movies with the same name but...
Replies
Views
Ah team member :) That figures. Wel I need to replace my current setup any time soon so I will definitely give mp2 a go. The central server idea is what I really like, and also that TV or ripped video is both presented in one view. Thanks for the information and feedback
Ah team member :) That figures. Wel I need to replace my current setup any time soon so I will definitely give mp2 a go. The...
Hi, I tried to find out what the general idea is behind MP2. Main difference is the central database with all media in it right...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 and hdhomerun DE
Ok perfect, i'm now using argus for extra schedulling options but if I've read correctly I don't need argus anymore for this. And yes my provider uses dvb-c, thanks for the feedback
Ok perfect, i'm now using argus for extra schedulling options but if I've read correctly I don't need argus anymore for this. And...
Where can I fond of hdhomerun is supported by mp2? There is à thread from july that states that support is not in place. But also...
Replies
Views
Here's an interesting part from the server.log: [2014-09-24 16:26:28,277] [217389 ] [37 ] [INFO ] - MoviesMetadataExtractor: Exception reading resource '{e88e64a8-0233-4fdf-ba27-0b44c6a39ae9}:///E:/movies/Kick-Ass 2/Kick-Ass 2.mkv' (Text: 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.')
Here's an interesting part from the server.log: [2014-09-24 16:26:28,277] [217389 ] [37 ] [INFO ] - MoviesMetadataExtractor...
I've installed MP2 server (and only the server component) on my Windows Server 2012 R2 and a MP2-client on my desktop and laptop...
Replies
Views
Still unhappy with dual HDHR tuner PIP. Run 1 channel, video plays fine, start PIP on 2nd channel, main video window video/audio plays in stop/starts with pauses. Pause or stop PIP window, main video plays cleanly, no pauses. Moved MePo2 timeshiftbuffer to external USB3 HDD (not flash/thumb drive), same problem. CPU activity about...
Still unhappy with dual HDHR tuner PIP. Run 1 channel, video plays fine, start PIP on 2nd channel, main video window video/audio...
Installed MePo2 on test system. Same system ran MePo1 without significant CPU performance problems. With LAV/DXVA2 MePo1 runs with...
Replies
Views
oh its no bother, if there is anything i can do just let me know! Ok, latest update, so the first suggestion made no difference what so ever, it was only after the second suggestion of removing those files was followed through that it started to work. Another odd one was the first time I ran the scan I only picked up about 300...
oh its no bother, if there is anything i can do just let me know! Ok, latest update, so the first suggestion made no difference...
I folks, sorry to bother you all, I have a BGT3602 TV card, on a single PCI-E 1 card it has 2xT2 and 2xS2 decoders. All four work...
Replies
Views
Hello krasnit Not without log files I'm afraid. Please use the watchdog/debug-tool with option 3 to export your current log files to a zip file: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files#For_Non_Reproducible_Problems_within_MediaPortal ...then post/attach that zip file here. Regards, mm
Hello krasnit Not without log files I'm afraid. Please use the watchdog/debug-tool with option 3 to export your current log files...
I installed MediaPortal, and everything seemed to work fine. I scheduled a recording for overnight, went to bed, and in the...
Replies
Views
Hello, i'm not able to reply you with better arguments than morpheus, but what i know : MP is more closed for use : only Windows, compared to XBMC ( Linux, raspby, Android, ... ) Because of the Windows OS, MP must be run on real computer, and not on an BOX or USB dongle. About MP1 & MP2 Dev, We don't have the guideline, to stop...
Hello, i'm not able to reply you with better arguments than morpheus, but what i know : MP is more closed for use : only Windows...
this isn't meant to insult or criticize anyone involved in MP, but I was just curious as to why there seem to be so few devs on...
Replies
Views
Hi Morpheus, Clean reinstall of W7. After Windows Update everything is working (as noted, only the install of VC2010 SP1 is not enough). Thank you!
Hi Morpheus, Clean reinstall of W7. After Windows Update everything is working (as noted, only the install of VC2010 SP1 is not...
Hi, I am a long time user of MP and decided to try the MP 2.0. I am currently using MP 1.8 without issues (including watching Live...
Replies
Views
Hi. "OR" definitely is the wrong term here. All and every functionality in MP2 is a plugin. So is TV. This never will change but in later versions those TV plugins are integrated into the main installer. But for now there are two ways to get TV into MP2 that's why it is not integrated jet. With the "original" TV solution (known as...
Hi. "OR" definitely is the wrong term here. All and every functionality in MP2 is a plugin. So is TV. This never will change but...
Hi, I am currently running MP 1.9 Pre. My setup is a dedicated TV server (also holds my musikk, TV recordings, pictures and film)...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Movie info Grabbers in MP2 (1 Viewer) DE
Thanks for reply. I will read the proposed information.
Thanks for reply. I will read the proposed information.
I've searched and searched for grabbers information in MP2. It seems that no longer exist as such. MP2 reads information from TMDB...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 SlimTV with MP2 DE
.xml other versions ? o_O
.xml other versions ? o_O
Hello, I'm trying to get SlimTV Native to Work with MP2. When I extract the files, I get a folder and an XML file. The folder...
Replies
Views
I wouldn't use MP's signal strength/quality reports to point my antenna. The lag in taking the readings (ie. the slowness in updating) makes it easy to overshoot how far you move the aerial, and the sensitivity of the readings from PC tuners is usually not enough to point the aerial accurately anyway. My recommendation: use a tool...
I wouldn't use MP's signal strength/quality reports to point my antenna. The lag in taking the readings (ie. the slowness in...
Hey everyone, I wanted to ask. When I am in the media portal interface and I click on TV then channels it shows me a list of my...
Replies
Views
Little improvement idea (I hope this is the right thread for this ;) ): When playing media in full screen, the info UI shows the current point in time of the media item in a progress bar. Clicking/touching the progress bar should jump to that point in time, like VLC or other media players would. This would make mouse/touch control...
Little improvement idea (I hope this is the right thread for this ;) ): When playing media in full screen, the info UI shows the...
Today I decided to buy the quite new Acer Switch 10 convertible (tablet+detachable keyboard)...
Replies
Views
Hi Morpheus, Thanks a lot for the reply. I appreciate it☺ Have a great night.
Hi Morpheus, Thanks a lot for the reply. I appreciate it☺ Have a great night.
Hi Guys, I may have missed something but I cant find much information on UPNP support in MP2. I see that there is a UPNP.dll file...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 fanart.tv api v3 (1 Viewer) DE
A quick note, if anyone implements this the results returned from the API differ depending on what you send to it: v2 API - Images approved more than 2 weeks v3 API - Images approved more than 1 week v3 API + Personal API key - Images approved more than around 48 hours v3 API + Personal API key + VIP member - Images approved more...
A quick note, if anyone implements this the results returned from the API differ depending on what you send to it: v2 API - Images...
Not sure where to post this, so feel free to move this to the right place. Can any devs that use the fanart.tv API please consider...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the replies.... Don't think there is anything special about my windows set up, In fact I gave XBMC a try straight after my failed attempt at MP2 and that installed without any problems. I'm trying to run 2 monitors simultaneously off one system, MP1 downstairs, MP2 upstairs, Setting up independent remotes may be a bit...
Thanks for the replies.... Don't think there is anything special about my windows set up, In fact I gave XBMC a try straight after...
I've just tried to install MP2 and I'm getting a error when the installation tries to create a start menu folder, My only option...
Replies
Views
Hi. I think so ;) But the release date will be after summer holidays, I fear... Be patient
Hi. I think so ;) But the release date will be after summer holidays, I fear... Be patient
Since the release of our 10th anniversary edition we made big progress in development. So we feel that it's time to share some new...
Replies
Views
I don't use a TV-card, not on my real setup and not in the virtual setup, so I'm not sure about how hard it is to get it to work. When I look in the manual, e.g. https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch09.html#pcipassthrough , it seems like a Linux host can let the virtual machine use the host PCI cards, if the requirements are met.
I don't use a TV-card, not on my real setup and not in the virtual setup, so I'm not sure about how hard it is to get it to work...
I am testing MP2 on VirtualBox. Before with MP1 I had problems getting it to work, so I don't know if I just did it a difficult way...
Replies
Views
Thanks, the remote wasn't having any effect and the madter volume control wasn't the problem. But the "m" key works beautifully.
Thanks, the remote wasn't having any effect and the madter volume control wasn't the problem. But the "m" key works beautifully.
I'm running 1.2.3 on W7. Earlier today I muted the TV (which we rarely watch on this machine) when the phone rang. My...
Replies
Views
Post your Client and Server logs and lets see what is happening.
Post your Client and Server logs and lets see what is happening.
Hi. I have tried this on 2 different PCs now. The deploy tool doesn't run if that is supposed to. I install MP2 (server and...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TvService not found DE
OK, it seems I had the wrong files... with these it works for the moment :) Sorry
OK, it seems I had the wrong files... with these it works for the moment :) Sorry
Hi all! I installed the latest mp2-soft recently and have to say that it looks really really good and also works nice. Then i...
Replies
Views
Morpheus...thanks very much for all the valuable info.
Morpheus...thanks very much for all the valuable info.
Hello: I an trying to get an MP2 client to connect to an MP1 TVServer on my network. I have done the following: installed the...
Replies
Views
I am using a Silverstone LC10M that has a iMon VFD, and it works fine for me with Windows 8.1, update 1, and MediaPortal 1.8.0 Pre-Release. I would also agree after the recent re-write this works better, as I no longer have to manually copy files in to the MediaPortal folder to make it work. I can't comment about the remote as I have...
I am using a Silverstone LC10M that has a iMon VFD, and it works fine for me with Windows 8.1, update 1, and MediaPortal 1.8.0...
Anyone still running iMon VFD (with the PAD remote) specifically with Windows 8.1? I am weighing my options moving from Windows 7...
Replies
Views
Thanks! Just knew it couldn't be as complicated as I was trying to make it. And I need to keep in mind that MediaPortal 1 WiKi instructions are not where I should be looking for MP 2 information; duh...
Thanks! Just knew it couldn't be as complicated as I was trying to make it. And I need to keep in mind that MediaPortal 1 WiKi...
Now that I have installed MP2 I'd like to set it up. I cannot figure out how to change settings. help?
Replies
Views
OMG, thank you.... This has to be changed because it's very hidden....
OMG, thank you.... This has to be changed because it's very hidden....
since I installed MP2 my computer is waking up at 2AM every day.It`´s quite annoying. I was able to rack down the culprit... it's...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom