Mainboards / CPU / RAM (5 Viewers)

Discussions about Mainboards, CPU, RAM and their drivers in here
OK i don't know what the server must do?
OK i don't know what the server must do?
Hi Guys, I am just putting together my dedicated TV Server, and I really am struggling to get this thing even booting up. :cry...
Replies
Views
the X4 is definitely faster, although it probably consumes more power obviously. But I would probably gone for something like this too.
the X4 is definitely faster, although it probably consumes more power obviously. But I would probably gone for something like this too.
I was looking at the Athlon II X2 245e as a CPU for an HTPC I'm building for my brother, on a motherboard with IGP HD3200. Would...
Replies
Views
Did not build an AMD APU system yet but they seem to suit the needs of a HTPC quite well. I hope the desktop trinity models become more readily available soon. The A10 seems to be a good performer, maybe overkill for a HTPC.
Did not build an AMD APU system yet but they seem to suit the needs of a HTPC quite well. I hope the desktop trinity models become...
Hello everyone, So I am putting together a new TV Server and client running HD content. I have always used AMD processors...
Replies
Views
No... I will be going optical out from the mobo to the optical in on the amplifier.... hdmi out from the mobo to the tv
No... I will be going optical out from the mobo to the optical in on the amplifier.... hdmi out from the mobo to the tv
Hi all, I ended up buying the nmedia 2000b with the optional LED and am very pleased with it http://www.nmediapc.com/htpc2000.htm...
Replies
Views
I'm building a HTPC and gaming PC, just wanted get some feed back. Motherboard Asus P8z77 premium CPU I7 3770k Graphics card Asus gtx 690 Ram Corsair 16gb DDR 3 dual 3 Ssd Samsung 256gb, raid Case I would like to find a extended atx HTPC case. Cooling Liquid cooling from frozencpu.com
I'm building a HTPC and gaming PC, just wanted get some feed back. Motherboard Asus P8z77 premium CPU I7 3770k Graphics...
I'm building a HTPC and gaming PC, just wanted get some feed back. Motherboard Asus P8z77 premium CPU I7 3770k Graphics...
Replies
Views
Yes you are right. I'm using one pci and three usb cards so I would loose perhaps one which is not so hard for me but it's really one no go when you have a larger amount of tv cards. But what I wanted to say is that it could be a good idea also to look for prebuild systems instead of building some own systems.
Yes you are right. I'm using one pci and three usb cards so I would loose perhaps one which is not so hard for me but it's really...
Hello community, I am thinking about setting up a homeserver running on WHS 2011 as OS. It should also be my TVServer, maybe...
Replies
Views
I'd repurposed a Feb 2008 ECS AMD690GM-M2 AM2 AMD 690G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard & AMD Athlon 64 LE-1600 2.2GHz Socket AM2 45W Single-Core Processor w/ 1x2GB RAM build to run MP 1.2.2 client using HD6450 video card. Seems to run fine on .mkv but tends to drop frames on .ts recorded and live TV mpeg2 material. It's go Win 7 32-bit...
I'd repurposed a Feb 2008 ECS AMD690GM-M2 AM2 AMD 690G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard & AMD Athlon 64 LE-1600 2.2GHz Socket AM2 45W...
Hi i am having problems with trying to view Tv from the server with the above cpu Mp runs okay till i select a tv channel to watch...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am just short of ordering some new HTPC components. As I'm pretty much pissed off by AMD the recent years (stability, durability) I want to switch to Intel. I wanted to order the following system (Socket 1155): Intel Media Sedries DZ68DB (Z68 chip..) Intel Pentium G630T (35W TDP) G.Skill Dimm DRR3-1333 (PC310600) (16GB of...
Hi, I am just short of ordering some new HTPC components. As I'm pretty much pissed off by AMD the recent years (stability...
Hi, I am just short of ordering some new HTPC components. As I'm pretty much pissed off by AMD the recent years (stability...
Replies
Views
From what I have read about the E350, it has HD playback weaknesses that its bigger brother the E450 overcomes, so you might want to wait for some further comments relating to this.
From what I have read about the E350, it has HD playback weaknesses that its bigger brother the E450 overcomes, so you might want...
Hi everyone, I'm new in your community :) I used the search function but I didn't find anything about this AMD fusion motherboard...
Replies
Views
So, after few days of intensive browsing, I'm leaning towards: Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3; and Intel Core i3 2100 3,1GHz or Intel Core i3 2105 3,1GHz to start with and then, if I'm not happy with integrated graphics, add: Asus GeForce ENGT440 DC Silent/DI/1GD3 Main question: 1. What do you think about that choice? And few more...
So, after few days of intensive browsing, I'm leaning towards: Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3; and Intel Core i3 2100 3,1GHz or Intel...
Short story: I’m looking for a good MB (micro ATX or smaller), preferably with on-board graphics, potentially with additional...
Replies
Views
Erm - you might want to read the post date for the last post - You just resurrected an oldie :D I would guess that the OP bought a new card in the intervening 9 months... lol
Erm - you might want to read the post date for the last post - You just resurrected an oldie :D I would guess that the OP bought a...
I have finally decided to upgrade my HTPC, but I do not know which way to go regarding onboard graphic or not. Option 1: Buy a...
Replies
Views
When I moved into this flat I swore I would get a large TV. 2 years later I still have my ex-wife's 19" TV in a 22'x12'. To be fair I did spend most of a year working away so I spent a very little time at home. Now I am back in the area on an extended basis I will probably get that nice TV I have been wanting.
When I moved into this flat I swore I would get a large TV. 2 years later I still have my ex-wife's 19" TV in a 22'x12'. To be...
The video section of my Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H is beginning to fault, so I'm looking for a replacement micro-ATX that can use the...
Replies
Views
I am considering upgrading the motherboard in my Scaleo E, mainly because I would like to be able to view one DVB-C encrypted channel while recording another. The only solution I have found or this is the Digital Devices Cine CT w/CI-Module. However, my current MoBo has no free PCIe slots. I am very limited in my choice of boards, as...
I am considering upgrading the motherboard in my Scaleo E, mainly because I would like to be able to view one DVB-C encrypted...
I am considering upgrading the motherboard in my Scaleo E, mainly because I would like to be able to view one DVB-C encrypted...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 HTPC for TV (DVB-C) DE
Hello rsbrux, yes, you're right, but Radeon HD's DXVA will be enough for me. The tuner card is expensive, so I can not buy a separate VGA card too. Right now I have to build a new desktop PC, so I won't have money for this HTPC now... I'm still reading tests and reviews about these HW components. If I ever be able to build this, I...
Hello rsbrux, yes, you're right, but Radeon HD's DXVA will be enough for me. The tuner card is expensive, so I can not buy a...
Hello everyone, I looked at many threads, but I hardly found all of my answers for my questions. I would like to set up my first...
Replies
Views
No need for a gaming card as this will be a dedicated HTPC. Also, years back when I built my current HTPC I had an issue with the few ATI cards I tried where once the display went to sleep the card wouldn't "wake" the display when you moved the mouse or accessed the remote. So everytime the display went to sleep I had to restart the...
No need for a gaming card as this will be a dedicated HTPC. Also, years back when I built my current HTPC I had an issue with the...
I've got an extra 2.66G Core 2 Duo E7300 and am considering upgrading my MediaPortal box. What would be a decent motherboard...
Replies
Views
I have the same MB, using it as a WHS 2011 server. I'm thinking of also adding TV-server on it.
I have the same MB, using it as a WHS 2011 server. I'm thinking of also adding TV-server on it.
Have someone tried to use an ATOM 330 (dual core) cpu as a MP server, where it is only used as server? I want to make a server...
Replies
Views
If its revision b it will fit Ninja Mini Rev B: CPU Kühler, Lüfter, Lüftersteuerung, PC Netzteile von Scythe
If its revision b it will fit Ninja Mini Rev B: CPU Kühler, Lüfter, Lüftersteuerung, PC Netzteile von Scythe
So ive heard that there is a problem with silicon degradation in the new generation of i-processors with their chipset on certain...
Replies
Views
This guy managed to make an i3 go as low as 10w! i3 @ 10W - translated from dutch -> english with google
This guy managed to make an i3 go as low as 10w! i3 @ 10W - translated from dutch -> english with google
Every Watt Counts: AMD E-350 vs. Intel Core i3-2100T - X-bit labs Inspired by this article I exchanged my old Core2Duo setup...
Replies
Views
This is all that Biostar have had to say: "Dear Sir when system resume, it will check many places include voltage and clock also bios have problem to program the OC frequency and voltage after resume please don't use standby while OC it might cause problem Best regards BIOSTAR Support"
This is all that Biostar have had to say: "Dear Sir when system resume, it will check many places include voltage and clock...
I've got a Biostar TA790GXBE with an Athlon II X4 630, which works fine at stock settings and indeed overclocks very nicely up to...
Replies
Views
Hi again Kris As much as I hate to say it, you *might* have a faulty card there. Having said that, not all motherboards support x1 cards in x16 slots even though the standard says it should work - personal experience talking there. I wouldn't set the PCIe slot width to x1 - I would leave that at default. I'd also update to the latest...
Hi again Kris As much as I hate to say it, you *might* have a faulty card there. Having said that, not all motherboards support x1...
Hi everybody! First time poster, long time visitor. I recently decided to build a HTPC. Specs as follows: Mobo: BIOSTAR A880G+...
Replies
Views
Thanks for take the time to look at my problem. I attached the logs. It actually acted somewhat nice when everything was disabled in debug mode although there still was major framedrops.
Thanks for take the time to look at my problem. I attached the logs. It actually acted somewhat nice when everything was...
Right now my HTPC have a Point Of View - ION330 mainboad but i can't get it play HD Live tv with Mediaportal. (it works fine in...
Replies
Views
AW: Re: New CPU + MB + PSU + RAM I update to i5-2500K with onboard Grafik - works well in all resolutions 720P and 1080i
AW: Re: New CPU + MB + PSU + RAM I update to i5-2500K with onboard Grafik - works well in all resolutions 720P and 1080i
Hello all, It has been a while since I had any problems with my HTPC. Unfortunately, my HTPC started a month ago with...
Replies
Views
hi guys, does anyone have this mainboard, i just got it for my htpc, installed everything, and now i have problem with win7. i'm using s3g for video, everything works great in xp, but in win 7 or vista after 15 s of playing iptv, movie, hd, the sound and video decrease speed and shutters, computer works ok, no slowdown, cpu is at 50 - 60%
hi guys, does anyone have this mainboard, i just got it for my htpc, installed everything, and now i have problem with win7. i'm...
hi guys, does anyone have this mainboard, i just got it for my htpc, installed everything, and now i have problem with win7. i'm...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 New MB and CPU ++ DE
Thanks ;) I already did the upgrade, old MB and Memory to be my new NAS / server machine. Not a waste in any case. More or less things work good now, I can watch HD on the server/tv combo while using clients at the same time. Now I have capacity to spare in the system :) Kinda costly TV solution, but much more fun than a black box I...
Thanks ;) I already did the upgrade, old MB and Memory to be my new NAS / server machine. Not a waste in any case. More or less...
Hello, I am upgrading my HTPC server to a new mobo, cpu and GPU card. I want it to perform well so I can use it as a TV-server +...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Anyone have experience with the Asus AT5IONT-I Mini-ITX MB ? ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards - ASUS AT5IONT-I What I am trying to setup is a HTPC using this type of motherboard (mainly because its silent and not too power hungry). I intend to use the Hauppauge 'HVR-2250 Dual-tuner TV PCI-E' as my DVBT capture...
Hi all, Anyone have experience with the Asus AT5IONT-I Mini-ITX MB ? ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards - ASUS AT5IONT-I...
Hi all, Anyone have experience with the Asus AT5IONT-I Mini-ITX MB ? ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards - ASUS AT5IONT-I...
Replies
Views
ATOM ION 330 boards are cheap as chips now. Make sure you get ION (nvidia 9400) other wise you wont be able to play HD content well.
ATOM ION 330 boards are cheap as chips now. Make sure you get ION (nvidia 9400) other wise you wont be able to play HD content well.
Hello, Anyone using an Atom D525 with NM10 (GMA 3150) rig for Media Portal? Is it able to playback 1080p materials stutter...
Replies
Views
Hi, If i was going to do it again I probably would get something more powerful the ATOM ION (thats what I have now). At the end of the day if you get a 45w CPU your system will never use much more power then an ATOM ION because you will never be hitting 100% CPU. AMD for sure but to save power use a PICO PSU (150watt) with a dell...
Hi, If i was going to do it again I probably would get something more powerful the ATOM ION (thats what I have now). At the end of...
Hi! I am unable to decide which setup should I chose, please help me decide. I am aware of many pros and cons for both, but for...
Replies
Views
I don't think it's worth it yet. You get only 4 channels in HD. In my opinion, you only get extra interactivity and I don't need that. + There are no 'extra channels' I realy like. I'm pretty happy with the analog channels.
I don't think it's worth it yet. You get only 4 channels in HD. In my opinion, you only get extra interactivity and I don't need...
Hi all, My first time asking a question on this forum (and believe me, it won’t be the last) I want to build my own htpc but...
Replies
Views
Yes, I'll try and change the default. Unfortunately my processor does not accept HDMI which is why I am anxious to get this working. Thank you for your thoughts.
Yes, I'll try and change the default. Unfortunately my processor does not accept HDMI which is why I am anxious to get this...
Help! I am trying to get SPDIF passthrough working with my external processor and am not having any luck with DTS although 5.1...
Replies
Views
I would recommend something like this $242 without power supply and case Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg
I would recommend something like this $242 without power supply and case Newegg.com - Once You Know, You Newegg
I'm looking to build a media PC to compliment my HD movie collection, brand new 1080p Plasma TV, and sound system for my house...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom