Video-Cards (14 Viewers)

Discussions about Video-Cards and their drivers in here
Fyi Latest lav filters and last couple of updates have a number of dxva fixes targeting amd corruption/dropped frames Version 0.56.2 - 19/04/2013 Will test these out as I occasionally (very rare) get the corruption still
Fyi Latest lav filters and last couple of updates have a number of dxva fixes targeting amd corruption/dropped frames Version...
I feel it's important to let any possible future ATI customers know about this very annoying issue. I've been bugged by this for...
Replies
Views
Example Post: HD4670 - Powercolor HD4670 1GB Specifications http://www.powercolor.com/global/products_features.asp?id=89 Testimonials Fairly quiet card No problems with hardware deinterlacing of 1080i No HDMI connector, so you must use an HDMI-DVI adaptor Not worth buying new anymore, but would make a good card if you picked a...
Example Post: HD4670 - Powercolor HD4670 1GB Specifications http://www.powercolor.com/global/products_features.asp?id=89...
Please view our wikipedia page for information on choosing a video card for your HTPC A Simple explanation of the role of video...
Replies
Views
You cannot beat this community! So helpful. Many many thanks. Now, how about this one? Product #N82E16814130531. Is it smarter to let them over clock it? My mother board seems pretty flexible with that stuff, but I've never done it. I think you guys have sold me on a 240 GT! I would like speed preferably. Anything that will make...
You cannot beat this community! So helpful. Many many thanks. Now, how about this one? Product #N82E16814130531. Is it smarter...
I started building and HTPC about 4 months ago now out of a relic desktop I had laying around (this is my first PC build). It...
Replies
Views
Hi, me again with my out of sync issues! I had problems with a GT430 I could never get to playback in sync so I bit the bullet some time ago and got what was the top card at the time.. GTX 660. All was well and everything played back nicely, but again recently its started playing back everything out of sync - even just 720p h264...
Hi, me again with my out of sync issues! I had problems with a GT430 I could never get to playback in sync so I bit the bullet some...
Hi, me again with my out of sync issues! I had problems with a GT430 I could never get to playback in sync so I bit the bullet some...
Replies
Views
Hi there What frame rate do the source videos have? My personal opinion is that your display (computer screen or TV) refresh rate should always be a multiple of the source content (TV or video) frame rate. In other words, if it were me I would only try and set my TV to 24Hz if the video frame rates are 24fps. My reason for that...
Hi there What frame rate do the source videos have? My personal opinion is that your display (computer screen or TV) refresh rate...
I used to run my videos on my htpc at 1080/60hz. For the most part I could play everything with little problems. A few really high...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Which Videocard DE
well considering i am currently running it off of a tnt2 m64 and the only thing it slows at is the interface i think i can get by with something cheaper than a matrox card (they are around 200 bucks for me :( )
well considering i am currently running it off of a tnt2 m64 and the only thing it slows at is the interface i think i can get by...
I was wondering which videocard would be a good one, as i am sick and tired of dealing with this MSI bullsh!t. So please don't...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Which video card? DE
Any suggestions please for a video card that can output 1024x576 on the TV-out? A budget one, I don't need power for the latest gaming. Thanks, Angelos
Any suggestions please for a video card that can output 1024x576 on the TV-out? A budget one, I don't need power for the latest...
Any suggestions please for a video card that can output 1024x576 on the TV-out? A budget one, I don't need power for the latest...
Replies
Views
My HD 3870 allows independent refresh rates. AFIK, so do the 3850 and the 4870 and 4850.
My HD 3870 allows independent refresh rates. AFIK, so do the 3850 and the 4870 and 4850.
of doing these on my pick list below? - Primary screen is a computer LCD display - Secondary is composite TV - I'd like to...
Replies
Views
Well, deinterlacing options makes no impact on 720/1080p.... since there is no need to deinterlace. (p = progressive = noninterlaced) Good reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progressive_video What is deinterlacing? The best method to deinterlace movies
Well, deinterlacing options makes no impact on 720/1080p.... since there is no need to deinterlace. (p = progressive =...
Can anyone tell me which settings MP uses for picture quality. I have a ATI radeon 3650 I use the most recent ATI CCC For...
Replies
Views
http://www.play.com/stores/basecom/listing/694036818 Not a rip off at that price http://www.play.com/stores/basecom/listing/694036818 Sadly has fan, both of the above have only a 64bit controller, where some of the more expensive versions are 128bit, most people for video playback would not notice that unless resolution is...
http://www.play.com/stores/basecom/listing/694036818 Not a rip off at that price...
Which of these cards would anyone suggest for a HDTV, HD Video Client PC. Nvidia GT210 512mb Nvidia GT520 1gb PNY GT8400GS 512mb...
Replies
Views
For someone who is interested: This Gainward GT 220 has a very silent fan. And I'm very sensitive for very high or low pitched sounds. So I'm satisfied.
For someone who is interested: This Gainward GT 220 has a very silent fan. And I'm very sensitive for very high or low pitched...
I have to choose from a few GT220 cards. I got a HD5450 but it gives problems on my Nvidia based mobo. Choices to make: 512 or...
Replies
Views
:) cool! Enjoy! Sure that card will be enough to have a nice gameplay! :) My new WD sataII 160GB just arrive yesterday whit a new LG DVD Burner (My Old Pionner is Dying), If my Pionner wasn't dying, i could get a 320GB, but the 160GB its ok for now. Thats sound like a truelly HTPC (500GB), i feel kind of low in space (240GB Total)...
:) cool! Enjoy! Sure that card will be enough to have a nice gameplay! :) My new WD sataII 160GB just arrive yesterday whit a new...
I'm leapfrogging my computers, my gaming pc currently has a 7600GS[Silent Edition] and my Media Centre has a 6600GTOC. I wanna buy...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 which graphics card DE
Yep. As far as ATI SE goes, these are the "quantity over quality" cards. I own a 9600 SE card as well. This particular card features 256MB RAM which was very rare at that time and unheard of in the 9600SE' pricerange. Those 256MB are considerably slower than the 128MB featured on the normal 9500/9600 versions thou, which resulted...
Yep. As far as ATI SE goes, these are the "quantity over quality" cards. I own a 9600 SE card as well. This particular card...
Currantly i have a geforce MX 440 64mb (no one bring up directx 9 graphics is needed for media portal) and it works perfectly and...
Replies
Views
Hello, i search for replace my 8 year old GPU ( AMD HD4670 ) i have as selection the next models : Sapphire RX460 4Go Sapphire RX470 Nitro+ 4Go my usage is MP and MadVR. if you have any experience. i fear than the rx 460 will be too lite for MadVR, ( at least for enable more than the minimal setting ) let me know what do you think.
Hello, i search for replace my 8 year old GPU ( AMD HD4670 ) i have as selection the next models : Sapphire RX460 4Go Sapphire...
Hello, i search for replace my 8 year old GPU ( AMD HD4670 ) i have as selection the next models : Sapphire RX460 4Go Sapphire...
Replies
Views
I am running Win7 64 bit. HDTV is Sony KDL-52XBR6. Screen resolution is set to 1920x1080. Yes, I have Aero desktop is enabled. I don't have overscan issues. How you set 1:1 pixel mapping? On my Sony, I have the Display Area set to “Full Pixel" Is that it? Thanks, Dan
I am running Win7 64 bit. HDTV is Sony KDL-52XBR6. Screen resolution is set to 1920x1080. Yes, I have Aero desktop is enabled...
Which driver version and why? So what I would like to know is what Nvidia hardware you have and which driver you are using with...
Replies
Views
Yeah, thats correct. PCI-X audio (Xonar is a bit sucky though) and a PCI-E HD5670 IGP and onboard sound is disabled.
Yeah, thats correct. PCI-X audio (Xonar is a bit sucky though) and a PCI-E HD5670 IGP and onboard sound is disabled.
I'm asking this question because I've been getting ati2dvag BSOD with 11.2, 11.1 and now 10.12 with my HD3300 IGP (Biostar...
Replies
Views
G
As with all things - they work for some people, not for others. In this case I have been unlucky With the 6450 the 11.11 drivers caused total corruption of one of my HD channels. Changed to 11.4 and all was ok. But then the main problem is the HDMI port, if I use it then I get 'hum bars' across the TV at 50hz. Looking into this it...
As with all things - they work for some people, not for others. In this case I have been unlucky With the 6450 the 11.11 drivers...
Both roughly the same price ish. Just want the mkv playback on 1080p files to be a tiny bit smoother, as i get the odd stutter...
Replies
Views
O.K. to be very systematic about this, I am guessing like myself you have two or more issues. You might try the free sw tool HDMI on hdmiOn – a solution to loss of DVI video EDID signal on HD TVs | thydzik's technology blog But I would suggest the following: Follow the driver sweeper instructions to remove all old/ or newer...
O.K. to be very systematic about this, I am guessing like myself you have two or more issues. You might try the free sw tool...
Hi there I have posted a question in the MP help section but I guess my problems are due to problems with a gfx card. Can...
Replies
Views
These Temperatures are completely fine! https://www.google.de/search?q=temperatures+6450
These Temperatures are completely fine! https://www.google.de/search?q=temperatures+6450
Hi there, as the XFX Ati HD 6450 won't fit into my case (to high), I got myself the Powercolor version of that card. I'm...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
As far as I can recall, Swede's hack was a patched texture cache file. Once the SVNs got the option (only through editing the xml file) of not caching all the textures, Swede's hack was no longer needed. The setting is off by default still. You have to edit the xml.
As far as I can recall, Swede's hack was a patched texture cache file. Once the SVNs got the option (only through editing the xml...
I see some times people having problems with skins when VRAM is smaller then 512MB. I have myself HD3200 IGP with 256MB (no way to...
Replies
Views
Hi, just to be shure; Did you try to increase the rollspeep? -> settings -> GUI -> rollspeed.. This setting is set on 50 by default.. Increase it to 100 makes a huge difference.. In my case it was the difference between slow and buggy and fast and smooth! :)
Hi, just to be shure; Did you try to increase the rollspeep? -> settings -> GUI -> rollspeed.. This setting is set on 50 by...
Hi, Newbie here, so please go easy on me....I've been a Windows Media Centre user for about 6 years and have converted our "box...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately, it's not possible yet since we need a new video renderer that can handle the 3D Blu-ray's Frame Packing. In the mean time you can launch an external video player from MediaPortal.
Unfortunately, it's not possible yet since we need a new video renderer that can handle the 3D Blu-ray's Frame Packing. In the mean...
Hello everyone, Lucky me I got a Philips 42PFL7656K 3D TV for christmas :) Then I bought a sony bluray drive and a new ATI...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [NVIDIA] What card? DE
Videocard upgrade here: I just update my HTPC with a Nvidia GT220. Low cost, low energy consumption and pretty good de-interlacing of our satellite TV. Maybe i'll upgrade later to an GTX650, but this one does the job quite well.
Videocard upgrade here: I just update my HTPC with a Nvidia GT220. Low cost, low energy consumption and pretty good de-interlacing...
I was on the verge of upgrading to a GT420 when NVidia went and changed their lineup... So the question is whether to get a GT420...
Replies
Views
Updated scripts: There was a timing issue with *_50* and *_24*.
Updated scripts: There was a timing issue with *_50* and *_24*.
Hi! I needed an easy way to switch my desktop settings (1920x1080) between "clone"/"standard" mode and "24p"/"50p", so I wrote...
Replies
Views
Well, the blurry fonts where caused by an imagescan of my TV. Somehow it resetted after installing a new videocard. So my TV decreased the size of the 'image' while ATI and the NVIDIA card upscaled it all to make if fit again. After a complete new install I figured out that this was causing the blurry font. Still though... the ATI...
Well, the blurry fonts where caused by an imagescan of my TV. Somehow it resetted after installing a new videocard. So my TV...
Hi all, I've been struggling for a while to get Dutch HDTV working fluently. I've found out the IGP is to weak (HD3200). I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Video card with TV out (2 Viewers) DE
01&G Wrote: Computer Lounge in Auckland does the MCE remote currently for $95NZ. Here is the link - http://www.computerlounge.co.nz/components/componentview.asp?partid=2132
01&G Wrote: Computer Lounge in Auckland does the MCE remote currently for $95NZ. Here is the link -...
Hi guys, Can you give me a list (5-6 agp/pci/usb) of best video cards with TV out and remote control which support Media portal...
Replies
Views
This might be a little late but the ATI Radeon HD 3870 keeps dropping in price right now because the 4xxx series will be out soon. This card has built in 5.1 surround and comes with the HDMI adapter so you can hookup to your TV right out of the box. I love this card, picked it up at Best Buy this week for $129.99, and bought the...
This might be a little late but the ATI Radeon HD 3870 keeps dropping in price right now because the 4xxx series will be out soon...
I'm upgrading my Home Theater to (future-proof) Full HD (BenQ W5000, Pioneer 1018, HTPC w/ Blu Ray player). Since toslink can not...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Video Card Upgrade - Need opinions (1 Viewer) DE
Thanks guys.
Thanks guys.
I currently have a Nvidia based Chaintech 5200. It has worked well for me, except for the fan which started making bad noise a few...
Replies
Views
my x1300 does HDTV fine with other apps but does *not* work with HDTV and MediaPortal. At least I haven't gotten it to work properly.
my x1300 does HDTV fine with other apps but does *not* work with HDTV and MediaPortal. At least I haven't gotten it to work properly.
Hi, I'm looking for a recommendation with a laundry list of features. I'm looking for something that is: passively cooled Low...
Replies
Views
Oh, yes, you're right. I'm using the HDMI-1 on the TV, HDMI-2 is being used for the PS3 because for some reason the PS3 only works properly on port 2, on port 1 I get occasional flicker so I hope that's not the problem. There's also a third HDMI port that I can use. Thanks for the tips :) .
Oh, yes, you're right. I'm using the HDMI-1 on the TV, HDMI-2 is being used for the PS3 because for some reason the PS3 only works...
I have been testing out media portal and getting as much knowledge as I can to set it up how I would like it before I go purchase...
Replies
Views
When you say link, do you mean web link? The custom resolutions that I am talking about are built into powerstrip itself. There is a posting on the entech website that has the ascii equivalents that can be imported, but I've never managed to get them to work. If you go through the powerstrip interface to add new resolution, the...
When you say link, do you mean web link? The custom resolutions that I am talking about are built into powerstrip itself. There...
Just wondering if anyone here would know which video card gives the best HDTV output. The output needs to be component video...
Replies
Views
Im looking at building my first HTPC, im planning on using a PVR-500 thanks to you guys for helping pick that out. My next problem would be with a video card. I unfortunately dont have a hi-def tv, i only have regular tvs. Can you guys suggest a good video card with video out on it so that i get a decent picture on my tv. And also...
Im looking at building my first HTPC, im planning on using a PVR-500 thanks to you guys for helping pick that out. My next problem...
Im looking at building my first HTPC, im planning on using a PVR-500 thanks to you guys for helping pick that out. My next problem...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom