Operating System (6 Viewers)

Discuss everything about Operating Systems in here.
Nevertheless it is an old thread and the proplem is already solved, but probably someone other has the same scenario. I think you have to enable wakeup on pci(e) in bios to get it working...
Nevertheless it is an old thread and the proplem is already solved, but probably someone other has the same scenario. I think you...
Hi everyone! This Problem is the last one i have to fix for getting a 100% WAF :) - I am using MediaPortal 1.2.2 incl. TVServer...
Replies
Views
I gave up.... The native driver shows the same behaviour. After coming back from standby the computer tries to verify a network connection continously. It seems the routine is caught in an endless loopback. I'll go and buy a discrete NIC now.
I gave up.... The native driver shows the same behaviour. After coming back from standby the computer tries to verify a network...
Hello all, I ran out of options to solve the following problem and I need your advice. After return from standby or...
Replies
Views
I have not verified it yet, but reports from other users state that the sqlservr.exe process gain memory as it is being used in order to increase performance, and will continue to do so until about 4-10 MB memory is available. So this seems a very plausible cause :)
I have not verified it yet, but reports from other users state that the sqlservr.exe process gain memory as it is being used in...
Hi! I have a HTPC setup which runs XP Pro SP3 with all the latest upgrades, newest drivers and everything is working perfectly...
Replies
Views
I don't know the answer to your question, but some plugins/external MP applications (more so the older ones) assume mediaportal lies /program files (x86)/ so they need to be customized or have problems on 64bit. This is probably not really an isssue for the newer well written plugins.
I don't know the answer to your question, but some plugins/external MP applications (more so the older ones) assume mediaportal...
Hi, I'm going to setup a HTPC with MediaPortal. The box is a Asrock ION 330. So my question is witch OS should I use...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 WSE 2019 / WSE 2022 DE
@ajs Thank you, that gives me the hope to try.
@ajs Thank you, that gives me the hope to try.
I‘m planning to create a new server that also should be used for a MP1 TV sever. But I should know if I can install and run the MP...
Replies
Views
Hi, I got a 16:10 display with a native resolution of 1920x1200 and it is connected via HDMI with my HTPC but I only can choose 1920x1080 and via DVI I am able to select the native resolution. Can somebody tell me if there is a solution to this problem?
Hi, I got a 16:10 display with a native resolution of 1920x1200 and it is connected via HDMI with my HTPC but I only can choose...
Hi, I got a 16:10 display with a native resolution of 1920x1200 and it is connected via HDMI with my HTPC but I only can choose...
Replies
Views
I'm using Win7 on a new system... the ATi HDMI driver it came with (on its CD) does a great job at passing AC3/DTS but I had to adjust the PROPERTIES of the output to PASS AC3/DTS & WMA, then reboot. Another side benefit is the video comes to the HDMI automatically whenever I select it on my Onkyo 803 - WOW! It will revert to my...
I'm using Win7 on a new system... the ATi HDMI driver it came with (on its CD) does a great job at passing AC3/DTS but I had to...
Using WinXP Sp3 and Mediaportal 1.1 and using a Onkyo 606 receiver via HDMI (port 1), I noticed that the receiver would "click" a...
Replies
Views
Well someone has to be lucky, might as well be you :D
Well someone has to be lucky, might as well be you :D
Yesterday Microsoft released the Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista and Windows 2008. Anyone has applied it already on a PC with...
Replies
Views
Server 2008 works just beautiful - I run it myself as both TV-server and client. See this thread for details: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-talk-45/how-setup-mediaportal-tv-server-windows-server-2008-x64-44962/
Server 2008 works just beautiful - I run it myself as both TV-server and client. See this thread for details...
Hi, I have a home network with a Windows SBS 2003 server. I thought it would be really useful to install the MP TV Server on...
Replies
Views
i sorted the issue by using the inbuilt mediaportal audio engine and there for bypassing the windows audio issue. Link To Wiki hope this helps. Also a post i made with the settings i had at that time Beginners guide to Mediaportal Codecs and what to use. I say at that time as i sold off all my server gear etc and only use mepo for...
i sorted the issue by using the inbuilt mediaportal audio engine and there for bypassing the windows audio issue. Link To Wiki hope...
Hi, I'm having a little annoying issue and not sure if anyone can help me or not. I have my HTPC running Windows 7 connected via...
Replies
Views
if your System RAM + Video RAM > 4GB then definitely go for 64bit. Otherwise it's user choice, I'd still go with 64bit.
if your System RAM + Video RAM > 4GB then definitely go for 64bit. Otherwise it's user choice, I'd still go with 64bit.
With MP 1.3.0 now officially supporting Windows 8 the old question returns to 32 or 64 bit. With Windows 7 I found that 32 bit...
Replies
Views
OK, found it out
OK, found it out
Microsoft unvield their new OS last night and there wasn't really that much news for HTPC-enthusiasts. One thing that was confirmed...
Replies
Views
Thinking of upgrading my HTPC which is currently running Vista x86 to Windows 7. Can't decide whether I should go with x86 or x64 version of Windows 7. MP is a 32-bit application, so will it run better on a 32-bit OS? Why can't I compile MP as a 64-bit application myself using VS2008?
Thinking of upgrading my HTPC which is currently running Vista x86 to Windows 7. Can't decide whether I should go with x86 or x64...
Hello, I'm planning to install Windows 7 64 bit as OS on my HTPC. I know that MP is a 32 bit application. Are there any...
Replies
Views
Hey James, Here's your answer, works a treat for me: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-talk-45/how-access-your-mp-while-its-being-used-wife-remote-desktop-78481/ Cheers, Jean-Marc
Hey James, Here's your answer, works a treat for me...
Hello all. Little problem I have with Windows 7 and RDP. I currently use a laptop win Win XP to remote desktop into my Media...
Replies
Views
off-topic, but I really hate CCC. From CCC 11.11+ onwards, my setting for overscan does not stick after a standby (let alone a reboot). So, I have been staying with 11.11.
off-topic, but I really hate CCC. From CCC 11.11+ onwards, my setting for overscan does not stick after a standby (let alone a...
I'm not sure if it does this at any other time or just when rebooting, but on numerous occasions I've checked the settings in CCC...
Replies
Views
I am just in the process of building a new MP Client for my main TV. I need a new copy of Windows and was wondering whether it might be worth considering Windows 8 - I have only ever used Windows 7. Is there any point/benefit in choosing Windows 8?
I am just in the process of building a new MP Client for my main TV. I need a new copy of Windows and was wondering whether it...
I am just in the process of building a new MP Client for my main TV. I need a new copy of Windows and was wondering whether it...
Replies
Views
Ahh gotcha. Changed my power options to be always on for now, until this dumb bug gets fixed. Thank you
Ahh gotcha. Changed my power options to be always on for now, until this dumb bug gets fixed. Thank you
When I leave my computer, come back and try to turn my tv on there is no picture. All I can do is reset... I would go back to...
Replies
Views
You could try to analyze the Standby process. Look at this tutorial: Trace Windows 7 boot/shutdown/hibernate/standby/resume issues - MSFN Forum Download and install the Windows Performance Toolkit as instructed Run the xbootmgr command that corresponds to "Standby+Resume" to generate an .etl trace Once the test completes (you...
You could try to analyze the Standby process. Look at this tutorial: Trace Windows 7 boot/shutdown/hibernate/standby/resume issues...
I have changed system from XP to 7 and MediaPortal release too of course. From 1.1.2 to 1.2.0. All is OK, MediaPortal runs very...
Replies
Views
Hi Hafblade. Very good point, I thought that it was simply windows resuming from sleep that made hard drives spin up. I shall test tonight with the side of my PC taken off. I did find this - http://reboot.pro/16267/ It is not absolutely clear, but am I right in thinking that the only way to stop Hard Drives spinning up on...
Hi Hafblade. Very good point, I thought that it was simply windows resuming from sleep that made hard drives spin up. I shall...
Hi there, I am using Windows 7 in my Standalone Setup. I already have three hard drives in there and am thinking of getting a...
Replies
Views
Hi! Link Best regards Helios
Hi! Link Best regards Helios
Hi Community! Windows 7 RC goes public -> Link Best regards Helios
Replies
Views
Ok, success! But it wasn't easy... Reinstalled with auto updates turned off. INstalled CCC 9.10 and the realtek HDMI audio driver 2.35. No crashing at all, but I still had no sound. So I connected the PC straight to my TV and the sound worked. So what we have here is an EDID override problem. After all of these driver...
Ok, success! But it wasn't easy... Reinstalled with auto updates turned off. INstalled CCC 9.10 and the realtek HDMI audio...
So, I've just spent the last 3 hours returning my HTPC back to normal. At least ONE good thing about there not being a good...
Replies
Views
Every time I use mediaportal it crashes, or what seems to be fake ones. The windows message comes up and I can move it out of the way and everything seems fine...the movie will continue and finish. There is nothing from watch dog if I hit close. Everything seems very smooth in windows 7 and mediaportal and it seems to me that...
Every time I use mediaportal it crashes, or what seems to be fake ones. The windows message comes up and I can move it out of the...
Every time I use mediaportal it crashes, or what seems to be fake ones. The windows message comes up and I can move it out of the...
Replies
Views
Thanks Der_Bub. I had set 'Exclusive mode' in Imon manager, but not 'Always on top' in MP. That fixed it for me :)
Thanks Der_Bub. I had set 'Exclusive mode' in Imon manager, but not 'Always on top' in MP. That fixed it for me :)
Hello, I am in Windows 7 with the MP Christmas SVN. When MP goes fullscreen the circular windows 7 logo (the bottom left little...
Replies
Views
I uninstalled the driver in the device manager. Right click the device for properties, select the drivers tab and click uninstall driver (something like that, got Swedish windows). Rebooted and windows installed the generic driver. Unfortunately this does not always work, windows can cache (older?) drivers and installs them agian...
I uninstalled the driver in the device manager. Right click the device for properties, select the drivers tab and click uninstall...
Hello - I'm hoping someone can shed some light on a very annoying problem I keep having with my HTPC. Since upgrading to Windows...
Replies
Views
Hey! I've encountered a bit strange problem. After waking up my HTPC by remote (IRTrans) I dont get signal to my TV. My TV is connected by HDMI from ATI HD 2600 Pro card. The strange part is... I can hear the remote work fine (the Media Portal menu "clicks" are audible from speakers). But there is no signal to the TV...
Hey! I've encountered a bit strange problem. After waking up my HTPC by remote (IRTrans) I dont get signal to my TV. My TV...
Hey! I've encountered a bit strange problem. After waking up my HTPC by remote (IRTrans) I dont get signal to my TV. My TV...
Replies
Views
This doesn't seem relevant to me. What's the story?
This doesn't seem relevant to me. What's the story?
Hi guys ive just spent the day upgrading my HTPC with a new SSD and blu ray disc and in doing so installed windows 7 to take full...
Replies
Views
Hi, when i want to import/synchronize the channels in the clickfinder import plugin of Tvserver 1.0.1 latest SVN it get a problem. when i manually choose the db from the clickfinder in my win7 installation i can only choose the free channels although my clickfinder in win7 is correctly configured with updates (beta2) and channels...
Hi, when i want to import/synchronize the channels in the clickfinder import plugin of Tvserver 1.0.1 latest SVN it get a...
Hi, when i want to import/synchronize the channels in the clickfinder import plugin of Tvserver 1.0.1 latest SVN it get a...
Replies
Views
AW: Re: Windows 7 64bit reboots after trying to shutdown and awakes when trying to st thanks but i already tried / checked this. What i've done: - tested Bios ver 1.7, 1.8 and newest 1.9 version - double checked all cable connection / also removed all cables (on change) - tested nforce Drivers 15.37, 15.45, 15.49, 15.51 -...
AW: Re: Windows 7 64bit reboots after trying to shutdown and awakes when trying to st thanks but i already tried / checked...
Hi! I've buyed a new Board ASRock K10N78 and installed fresh Win7 64bit. Now i've the problem when i select shutdown it...
Replies
Views
I am using Dataram RAMDisk free (non commercial license) in Windows 7 64bit, works great and it's free. See the MediaPortal Manual here: TV-Server/UserGuides/Ramdisk - MediaPortal Manual Documentation -Jason
I am using Dataram RAMDisk free (non commercial license) in Windows 7 64bit, works great and it's free. See the MediaPortal Manual...
Hello, can anybody tell me how to inastall a Ramdrive with Win7 64bit? Thanks!
Replies
Views
Hi there, Off the top of my head, the only two ways way I can think of are: Is to ensure the OS/BIOS is configured to wake on any packet to the network card. If you got into the Network card properties, it may be configured to Wake on LAN (WOL), but there may be an option to wake on any packet? (The only downside, depending on your...
Hi there, Off the top of my head, the only two ways way I can think of are: Is to ensure the OS/BIOS is configured to wake on any...
Hi, I'm using the latest Version of MP on Windows 7 Prof. x64 and I want to make my HTPC/Server go into sleep mode when it is not...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom