Video-Cards (13 Viewers)

Discussions about Video-Cards and their drivers in here
Oh, yes, you're right. I'm using the HDMI-1 on the TV, HDMI-2 is being used for the PS3 because for some reason the PS3 only works properly on port 2, on port 1 I get occasional flicker so I hope that's not the problem. There's also a third HDMI port that I can use. Thanks for the tips :) .
Oh, yes, you're right. I'm using the HDMI-1 on the TV, HDMI-2 is being used for the PS3 because for some reason the PS3 only works...
I have been testing out media portal and getting as much knowledge as I can to set it up how I would like it before I go purchase...
Replies
Views
The mini ninja is/was the nuts.
The mini ninja is/was the nuts.
Hey Guys, looking at getting a video card for my HTPC would like to get one under $100 but am open to options, so with that...
Replies
Views
Yeah, it does that with everything off & deinterlacing set to weave (the lowest), so that's not where the issue is. I've fiddled with audio & video codecs, the audio renderer, local & remote playback. I can get 576i SD TV to almost flat graphs (but not flat), but 1080i & 720p wobble like my screenshot. It's a shame because it's...
Yeah, it does that with everything off & deinterlacing set to weave (the lowest), so that's not where the issue is. I've fiddled...
I've just set up an Arctic Entertainment passively cooled PC as my bedroom HTPC & it's my first foray in to the ATI world for quite...
Replies
Views
The 2600XT is out! and cheap! http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/440/7/ It's far from the best gaming card out there, but it takes ~20% off cpu-load when encoding HD-movies, compared to an 8600GT! :D
The 2600XT is out! and cheap! http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/440/7/ It's far from the best gaming card out there, but...
I really do not see what the advantage in a dedicated gfx board is. Should one not be as good off with onborad gfx? Reasons why...
Replies
Views
No need to buy new gfx card to replace the HD3200. Just increase the HT frequency in the bios. The HT frequency is the highway between the HD3200 and the RAM. Since you have AM2+ CPU the HT=1000Mhz. (If you have Phenom CPU it's 1800Mhz ie faster, that is why hd3200+phenom cpu does better deinterlacing). That's why 780G...
No need to buy new gfx card to replace the HD3200. Just increase the HT frequency in the bios. The HT frequency is the highway...
Hi there, I have an Athlon x2 5600+ CPU, and Antec Fusion case NSK2400 380W and am interested in considering upgrading to a...
Replies
Views
The problem described here by Inker is just the way it is nowadays with passive cooled cards in mij experience. It's a bit on the high side but I had a x1650XT which ran 60 idle on my PC and about 95 full load after an hour. It's still working (sister is playing some Sims 2 on it from time to time). Especially the low profile HTPC...
The problem described here by Inker is just the way it is nowadays with passive cooled cards in mij experience. It's a bit on the...
I need a gfx card too... My HTPC currently only has cheap onboard intel chip (GMA950) which I put up with so far. I actually...
Replies
Views
As you can see in my system specs, it's a working configuration if you are into gaming.
As you can see in my system specs, it's a working configuration if you are into gaming.
Hi, I'm upgrading my PC from Q9300+HD5770 to something newer/faster. The PC is also used as an HTPC with a 20m HDMI cable to my...
Replies
Views
O.K. to be very systematic about this, I am guessing like myself you have two or more issues. You might try the free sw tool HDMI on hdmiOn – a solution to loss of DVI video EDID signal on HD TVs | thydzik's technology blog But I would suggest the following: Follow the driver sweeper instructions to remove all old/ or newer...
O.K. to be very systematic about this, I am guessing like myself you have two or more issues. You might try the free sw tool...
Hi there I have posted a question in the MP help section but I guess my problems are due to problems with a gfx card. Can...
Replies
Views
I just couldn't get the HD4000 to work for me even with latest drivers. The problem with the HD4000 is inconsistent performance in video playback, some videos (depending on bitrate and fps) I just really struggle to get playback not stuttering or if not stuttering then not in sync.. Core AV codec gave smooth playback but out of sync...
I just couldn't get the HD4000 to work for me even with latest drivers. The problem with the HD4000 is inconsistent performance in...
Anyone have any experience or found good reviews for these Ivy Bridge GPUs?
Replies
Views
Just to update the above. I picked up the HD6670 today and installed this afternoon - a painless install TBH. What a difference! The picture looks superb and no pixelation at all. I have tried the limited Freeview HD channels and all are performing flawlessly, bar a couple of dropped frames. I have had the athletic championships on...
Just to update the above. I picked up the HD6670 today and installed this afternoon - a painless install TBH. What a difference...
Hi I'm also looking for a graphics card for my HTPC: CPU: Intel Core 2 6600 2.4GHz Main-board: Intel DG965WH 6Gb RAM W7 pro 64...
Replies
Views
Well I have been using the 780G since it was available here in Norway and I haven't had any problems what so ever with image quality, I have had other problems but none of them have been GPU-related. That is I have had one minor problem, and that was that audio dropped out when changing input on the TV, but that has been fixed. I...
Well I have been using the 780G since it was available here in Norway and I haven't had any problems what so ever with image...
I am in the design phase of my HTPC project and would like suggestions on video cards. I want to have HD output (to projector or...
Replies
Views
G
As with all things - they work for some people, not for others. In this case I have been unlucky With the 6450 the 11.11 drivers caused total corruption of one of my HD channels. Changed to 11.4 and all was ok. But then the main problem is the HDMI port, if I use it then I get 'hum bars' across the TV at 50hz. Looking into this it...
As with all things - they work for some people, not for others. In this case I have been unlucky With the 6450 the 11.11 drivers...
Both roughly the same price ish. Just want the mkv playback on 1080p files to be a tiny bit smoother, as i get the odd stutter...
Replies
Views
Ppl seem to enjoy the Nvidia PureVideo codecs, so I'd consider nVidia, if I were you. However; ATi vs nVidia - you'll never get an answer... you'll get to many to sort out :twisted: - the ppl are divided here, I'm afraid. Dont go for the 5500, however, as only the 6XXX and 7XXX series have support for PureVideo (I think). The...
Ppl seem to enjoy the Nvidia PureVideo codecs, so I'd consider nVidia, if I were you. However; ATi vs nVidia - you'll never get...
I would like to get everyones suggestions on the BEST graphic card for UNDER $100 that would work with MP and my Hauppauge PVR-350.
Replies
Views
i'll try vista drivers and see if that helps. i have no idea what type the tv part is. they told me to use drivers for a theatre pro 750. it has a coaxial thing on the back. vista drivers didn't work
i'll try vista drivers and see if that helps. i have no idea what type the tv part is. they told me to use drivers for a theatre...
ok. i had to recently get a new hard drive for my computer and decided to upgrade to windows 7 64 bit. what i didn't know was that...
Replies
Views
I've never noticed any performance issues at all on my current or previous system (now bedroom tv), then again the best quality I get from Live-TV is 720p. Thanks for info! :)
I've never noticed any performance issues at all on my current or previous system (now bedroom tv), then again the best quality I...
Hey everyone! I'm looking for a very quiet but fast graphic card. Any ideas? It should have HDMI 1.4a and I want it to be very...
Replies
Views
Hi, just to be shure; Did you try to increase the rollspeep? -> settings -> GUI -> rollspeed.. This setting is set on 50 by default.. Increase it to 100 makes a huge difference.. In my case it was the difference between slow and buggy and fast and smooth! :)
Hi, just to be shure; Did you try to increase the rollspeep? -> settings -> GUI -> rollspeed.. This setting is set on 50 by...
Hi, Newbie here, so please go easy on me....I've been a Windows Media Centre user for about 6 years and have converted our "box...
Replies
Views
Okay - first results from my upgrade: I went and bought the Gigabyte 6600GT with SilentPipeII - I'm holding off on the motherboard until I can see the results of the new video card. I turned off the HTPC, inserted the new card and plugged it into my 37" LCD (via RGB to start with - I'll battle with the DVI resolutions and...
Okay - first results from my upgrade: I went and bought the Gigabyte 6600GT with SilentPipeII - I'm holding off on the...
Okay I've had it - I'm going to replace my ASUS A8N-VM CSM with a separate motherbaord and video card combo. At the end of the...
Replies
Views
davetheclegg Did you finally choose this HD5500? And are you happy with it? I'm interesting in this card too. Did it fix your issues? Thanks.
davetheclegg Did you finally choose this HD5500? And are you happy with it? I'm interesting in this card too. Did it fix your...
Hi all, I have just moved to mediaportal from Vista MC and i am having problems with video playback stuttering randomly. This...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Nvidia problem DE
Last night I thro' another HD in it and put windows media center on it. After work Ill swap the drives back install the latest Media Portal but its the Nvida driver that hangs the PC not Media Portal. Thank you for your time BTW but im not sure it worth spending any more on it ( old hardware old tv ).
Last night I thro' another HD in it and put windows media center on it. After work Ill swap the drives back install the latest...
Have tryed latest and an old 0.23 install menus are corupt Out put from a fx5200 to a TV (composite ) old P4 xp pro PC vidoes...
Replies
Views
Ahh, sounds very interesting - so at least this proves it should be possible to use this on a programmable remote as posted earlier here. As far as I understand, there is so far no possibilit for any "autoswitch" function (as in early days with scart switching line!?
Ahh, sounds very interesting - so at least this proves it should be possible to use this on a programmable remote as posted earlier...
I have searched but didn't find help for this topic: In the past, it was possible to autoswitch to the corresponding inputchannel...
Replies
Views
Threads merged and set in right forum section.
Threads merged and set in right forum section.
Not tried this yet but just thought I'd let those ATI graphics card users who weren't aware that it's now available!
Replies
Views
I still couldn't figure out how to change the codecs xbmc uses... But I installed MPC-HC configured xbmc to use an external player, and it works. At the moment it won't play back iso files yet (dunno how to mount them). I'd love to find out if I can change the "embedded" player in xbmc, or if changing the codecs could be...
I still couldn't figure out how to change the codecs xbmc uses... But I installed MPC-HC configured xbmc to use an external...
Hello, I'm trying to run Mediaportal on Windows 7. My videocard is a Matrox Parhelia, which is listed in the hardware...
Replies
Views
I now changed the pixelformat in the ati ccc and on my tv and now everything looks great. About that error in EVR... I hope the 1.1 Release comes out in a week or so, so ill wait. but thanks for that info! istnt the black level dependend from the used codec?
I now changed the pixelformat in the ati ccc and on my tv and now everything looks great. About that error in EVR... I hope the...
Hi Guys, im using a ATI HD5750 on my Vista SP1 HTPC running mediaportal. So far so good, everything is working fine, but the...
Replies
Views
Thanks spranglekas :) That is the bug i had heard of but I am running XP so I assume this will not affect me? :)
Thanks spranglekas :) That is the bug i had heard of but I am running XP so I assume this will not affect me? :)
Hi guys, I'd like your suggestions on ways to go with a new GFX card, as I currently have the ATI onboard chip which has loads of...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [ATI] Advice needed DE
To a degree, what the TV is doesn't really matter. It's what the source material is that counts more. I had problems with 1080i material (Live TV and files) using a 3450. If you only ever play 720p source material then you might be ok. But if you watch live TV and tune to HD channels, I would think you would have problems.
To a degree, what the TV is doesn't really matter. It's what the source material is that counts more. I had problems with 1080i...
I have an old PC running Media Portal in my living room. It is just for playback of XVid, MKV etc. files. My TV is only 720P so...
Replies
Views
When you say link, do you mean web link? The custom resolutions that I am talking about are built into powerstrip itself. There is a posting on the entech website that has the ascii equivalents that can be imported, but I've never managed to get them to work. If you go through the powerstrip interface to add new resolution, the...
When you say link, do you mean web link? The custom resolutions that I am talking about are built into powerstrip itself. There...
Just wondering if anyone here would know which video card gives the best HDTV output. The output needs to be component video...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Video card ... DE
OMG im lame \: you CAN unlock taskbar and move it to secondary monitor withouth any problem and hydravision can handle apps ... \: Now i wonder if i can somehow FORCE aplications tu start on secondary ... Anyway swtichnig primary and secondary is still quite a pain.
OMG im lame \: you CAN unlock taskbar and move it to secondary monitor withouth any problem and hydravision can handle apps ... \...
What is cheapes video card i need to buy if i want to have 1 lcd on 1280x1024@60 DVI and 1 crt on 1024x768@85 hz And want to use...
Replies
Views
http://www.play.com/stores/basecom/listing/694036818 Not a rip off at that price http://www.play.com/stores/basecom/listing/694036818 Sadly has fan, both of the above have only a 64bit controller, where some of the more expensive versions are 128bit, most people for video playback would not notice that unless resolution is...
http://www.play.com/stores/basecom/listing/694036818 Not a rip off at that price...
Which of these cards would anyone suggest for a HDTV, HD Video Client PC. Nvidia GT210 512mb Nvidia GT520 1gb PNY GT8400GS 512mb...
Replies
Views
Yes, I did Not yet....I'm currently in a 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' phase :) The BSODs I got with 186.18 were really nasty - it would BSOD on resume and then BSOD again on the reboot (after which it would be OK until the next resume) - I reached for the system restore button pretty quickly ! Tony
Yes, I did Not yet....I'm currently in a 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' phase :) The BSODs I got with 186.18 were really...
Hi All, I have been doing some searching for NVidia cards and came across the Zotac 9800GT (short review here). Has anyone...
Replies
Views
I have the 11.6 and it works fine. No problems with it. I had the overscan problems too and it was a wrong driver from AMD.
I have the 11.6 and it works fine. No problems with it. I had the overscan problems too and it was a wrong driver from AMD.
Anybody tried ATI CCC 11.6 already? HDTV working fine?
Replies
Views
Top Bottom