General (71 Viewers)

Thanks for that. Would it be correct that "S:LiveTv" would also return you to the currently playing TV media?
Thanks for that. Would it be correct that "S:LiveTv" would also return you to the currently playing TV media?
Hi there, When I'm watching live TV, and I press the guide button on my remote, or the menu button, it takes me to the TV-Guide or...
Replies
Views
Hi. This is planed but not ready now. Our Wiki is in the middle of a transfer process from one software to a much better one. Behind the curtains there is lots of work going on regarding the documentation. Sadly there are only a few people who have time to work on this so it will take a while until it's finished. The Icons are...
Hi. This is planed but not ready now. Our Wiki is in the middle of a transfer process from one software to a much better one...
It would be nice to have a "Media Portal 2 for Windows Media Center Refugees" document/topic... I have successfully installed MP2...
Replies
Views
Thank you Morpheus ... I did not know that. I will check this out. MR
Thank you Morpheus ... I did not know that. I will check this out. MR
Newbie using MP2 ... At this this point, I primarily am using MP2 to record/watch OTA TV. I live in Illinois - USA. Using HDHomerun...
Replies
Views
Hi. I don't believe this will happen with first step of MIA rework, but it should be easy to add in a later development state. If the Database will support trailers there also will be an option to play them for sure. But this has not too high priority on the list, I think. First the basics like Series, Moviesets and Albums have to...
Hi. I don't believe this will happen with first step of MIA rework, but it should be easy to add in a later development state. If...
I ran an import of my shares. They are quite large. The first thing I noticed was there is no progress indicator anywhere that I...
Replies
Views
You have to close the tool.
You have to close the tool.
Hi, is there a way to stop MePo 2 doing this? I'm trying to run MP1 and MP2 concurrently on the same machine but MP2 only for...
Replies
Views
Hi. Normally the recording folder will be added as MP2 media share automatically when you first time save the TV config. But nevertheless please have a look, if it is available. A question, do you use a local folder for storing your Recordings? And if yes, did this folder has read - write permissions for "Everyone"? If not, have you...
Hi. Normally the recording folder will be added as MP2 media share automatically when you first time save the TV config. But...
I am attempting to get Mediaportal 2 running on a clean build of Windows 10 Pro (64 bit). Initially all appears well: I have the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I successfully installed MediaPortal Spring '16 on a brand new Windows 7 installation. Unfortunately I get the following error message if I try to watch a TV channel: No Player: There is no player registered to play media item 'live4-0.ts.tsbuffer' I did find a hint...
Hi, I successfully installed MediaPortal Spring '16 on a brand new Windows 7 installation. Unfortunately I get the following error...
Hi, I successfully installed MediaPortal Spring '16 on a brand new Windows 7 installation. Unfortunately I get the following error...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a strange situation. My EyeTV One USB DVB-T receiver is not recognized by MP2 TV Server as you can see in the screen shot below. However, MP1 TV Server does recognize it and also enables me to scan channels. Any one a clue why? Hubert
Hi I have a strange situation. My EyeTV One USB DVB-T receiver is not recognized by MP2 TV Server as you can see in the screen...
Hi I have a strange situation. My EyeTV One USB DVB-T receiver is not recognized by MP2 TV Server as you can see in the screen...
Replies
Views
Could you give an example of how your series are named? If they appear in Browse Media but not in Series they normally are not recognized properly. Have you entered the credentials for your NAS in MP2?
Could you give an example of how your series are named? If they appear in Browse Media but not in Series they normally are not...
Hi I've been an MP1 user for sometime, I've just done a test install of MP2 on a new laptop as a single seat. I'm running W10 and...
Replies
Views
OH OK :confused: thought the 3.5 would me the more advanced one. So deleting the 3.5 folder should solve the problem? Is something else to do? Edit: Yes it did :-)
OH OK :confused: thought the 3.5 would me the more advanced one. So deleting the 3.5 folder should solve the problem? Is something...
Hello, I installt the spring16 release on top of '15. on opening "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team...
Replies
Views
NAS drives (Assuming a linux based NAS) require directory permissions to be fairly wide open, unlike the files. I have a write up based on Plex (but which is actually all about the NAS, connecting a Linux, Windows and Mac device to it so I'm sure it will help. Sing out if it doesnt. Article here...
NAS drives (Assuming a linux based NAS) require directory permissions to be fairly wide open, unlike the files. I have a write up...
Hi all, Having an issue with playing files on a NAS. Local files work fine. I have a NAS which requires authentication, I've set...
Replies
Views
Fair comment. All too easy for us end users to forget devs give their time for free to produce this....
Fair comment. All too easy for us end users to forget devs give their time for free to produce this....
New install of MP2, single seat on W10 using spring 16. I'm trying to create a new media source from a folder on a network share...
Replies
Views
Hi, I accidentally entered nothing in the location for my weather. Now when I use the hidden menu (not sure what you call it) I see: Main Menu: Choose location Refresh I choose 'choose location' but all I see is another box with 'choose location'. Nothing to select or move around to. Where is add location to weather :/ Why isn't...
Hi, I accidentally entered nothing in the location for my weather. Now when I use the hidden menu (not sure what you call it) I...
Hi, I accidentally entered nothing in the location for my weather. Now when I use the hidden menu (not sure what you call it) I...
Replies
Views
David, it won't work. The information you found in the wiki is correct. If a channel/program is "copy-once" DRM protected, MediaPortal won't be able to show or record it. WMC can; MP can't. Sorry.
David, it won't work. The information you found in the wiki is correct. If a channel/program is "copy-once" DRM protected...
Hello to all, please forgive if I am bringing up a topic that has been addressed already, I haven't been able to find my answer so...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I use Mediaportal a couple of years over a IPsec (VPN) connection. The server is at my brothers house and in my house I have a Mediaportal client. Everything is working perfect but now I want to use Mediaportal 2. I installed Mediaportal 2 server on my server. In the same network I installed a Mediaportal 2 client and this...
Hi all, I use Mediaportal a couple of years over a IPsec (VPN) connection. The server is at my brothers house and in my house I...
Hi all, I use Mediaportal a couple of years over a IPsec (VPN) connection. The server is at my brothers house and in my house I...
Replies
Views
I have freshly installed Windows 10, and unfortunately the Windows 10 installer doesn't prompt for a PC name during installation. I've now setup Media Portal 2 (Client + Server on Single box), and only after setting up everything, I've now realized that the PC Name is a randomly generated mess. Is there a way to update this somewhat...
I have freshly installed Windows 10, and unfortunately the Windows 10 installer doesn't prompt for a PC name during installation...
I have freshly installed Windows 10, and unfortunately the Windows 10 installer doesn't prompt for a PC name during installation...
Replies
Views
Here is a screenshot from my system with the test binaries:
Here is a screenshot from my system with the test binaries:
After come rough starts with MP2 (trying to migrate from WMC), I think I finally made some progress... 1. Got the Setup & Service...
Replies
Views
Hi. I've just added this to the Wiki (and the forum post) as it seems to be a more and more common issue these days... https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mediaportal-2-installation-and-setup-guides.134034/#post-1180144
Hi. I've just added this to the Wiki (and the forum post) as it seems to be a more and more common issue these days...
Here is the log file - Windows 10 Build 14316rs1 [40F8:4F84][2016-04-15T11:46:30]i001: Burn v3.10.2.2516, Windows v10.0 (Build...
Replies
Views
I'm a student doing my master's thesis in the University of Oulu, and I'm urgently looking for help! The subject of my study is how usability is seen in certain open source projects. I'm doing this as a case study, looking into certain OSS projects. One of them is, as you might have guessed by now, MediaPortal. Part of my study is a...
I'm a student doing my master's thesis in the University of Oulu, and I'm urgently looking for help! The subject of my study is...
I'm a student doing my master's thesis in the University of Oulu, and I'm urgently looking for help! The subject of my study is...
Replies
Views
XMLTV GUI How to get EPG data for your TV Guide using the XmlTv plugin and XMLTV GUI grabber. Background XMLTV is an XML based file format for describing TV listings. XMLTV GUI Grabber provides a GUI for configuration and grabbing TV listings (EPG data) which you can then import in MediaPortal using the XmlTv plugin included in...
XMLTV GUI How to get EPG data for your TV Guide using the XmlTv plugin and XMLTV GUI grabber. Background XMLTV is an XML based...
Hi. In this thread I would like to do some "copy & paste" from our new Wiki. Sadly the new Wiki will take some more time before it...
Replies
Views
Über "Themenoptionen | Thema bearbeiten", dann unter "Thema" kein Präfix auf solved umstellen.
Über "Themenoptionen | Thema bearbeiten", dann unter "Thema" kein Präfix auf solved umstellen.
Hallo zusammen, ich habe ein kleines Problem das schon länger besteht. Mein RTL Epg wird nicht korrekt angezeigt.Dies wirkt sich...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 First Steps MP2 DE
Hi. Why can you not change the theme, does Titanium Extended not appear in the list, do you not reach to the theme list or is there another problem? Usually there are 2 potential problems You extracted the zip file to the wrong folder You don't reach to the theme selection menu, because you have to click a second time on "skins" in...
Hi. Why can you not change the theme, does Titanium Extended not appear in the list, do you not reach to the theme list or is...
Hi there I am a new user of MP 2 and I have problems from the start. I am not able to change the Skin, altough I use the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Help with config DE
Hi, friends! Really in need of your help. My configuration now is as follows: (1) 7 Quad LNBs/4 Diseqcs>> >Digital Devices (Cine S2/DuoFlex S2+ +Twin Octopus CI/Twin DuoFlex CI)> >-------------------------------------------------->TVHeadend(Ubuntu)>---------->| (2) 4 Hybryd tuners...
Hi, friends! Really in need of your help. My configuration now is as follows: (1) 7 Quad LNBs/4 Diseqcs>> >Digital Devices (Cine...
Hi, friends! Really in need of your help. My configuration now is as follows: (1) 7 Quad LNBs/4 Diseqcs>> >Digital Devices (Cine...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 Client TV Setup DE
There are available PC "sticks" that come with Windows 10 installed. Since MP2 is free, you could conceivably just install the MP2 client on one of those and it might be as inexpensive as a set top box that won't combine all your media in one interface.
There are available PC "sticks" that come with Windows 10 installed. Since MP2 is free, you could conceivably just install the MP2...
If you do a client/server installation how do you setup a client TV that uses an xbox media extender? Thanks
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Subtitles DE
Hi all can someone please tell me how to get dvb subtitles on mp2 ?
Hi all can someone please tell me how to get dvb subtitles on mp2 ?
Hi, Is there somewhere some documentation to play your subtitles correctly The vast majority of my subtitles are not played. Do I...
Replies
Views
Running Windows 10, using Homerun, AMD 6800 graphics, 8 gb memory, running wifi from router. MP2 works good but when you close it down it does not release the channel. Have reinstalled checked things I thought may affect it but no joy. Suggestion please.
Running Windows 10, using Homerun, AMD 6800 graphics, 8 gb memory, running wifi from router. MP2 works good but when you close it...
Running Windows 10, using Homerun, AMD 6800 graphics, 8 gb memory, running wifi from router. MP2 works good but when you close it...
Replies
Views
Is there any chance this issue has been fixed in the latest release (candidate) ? I would like to try this out again.
Is there any chance this issue has been fixed in the latest release (candidate) ? I would like to try this out again.
Hi, I've been working on dumping MCE (RIP). Still on W8.1 but may update to W10 after MP2 U1 EPG is stable. Pretty good so far MCE...
Replies
Views
Hi From the wiki http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/9_Reference/Keyboard_shortcuts Keyboard shortcuts Default shortcuts for accessing Plugins (Alpha 1 Winter Release and newer) Key Plugin / Action H, S:Start Home screen A Audio W Weather V Videos M Movies S Series I Images F Fullscreen / Audio Visualization C...
Hi From the wiki http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/2_MEDIAPORTAL_2/9_Reference/Keyboard_shortcuts Keyboard shortcuts Default...
I am a newbie to Media Portal. Have installed MP2 on my HTPC using the Client and Server configuration (Windows v10 64 bit). Have...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks; Totally new user here - LONG time Windows MCE user. I just downloaded MP2 on a Windows 7 machine and I can't seem to install it because....it requires DirectX 9.0c to be installed. On the first install it seemed to go off to MS and download it and later I got the error. I then went off and manually grabbed it from MS...
Hi Folks; Totally new user here - LONG time Windows MCE user. I just downloaded MP2 on a Windows 7 machine and I can't seem to...
Hi Folks; Totally new user here - LONG time Windows MCE user. I just downloaded MP2 on a Windows 7 machine and I can't seem to...
Replies
Views
Trying to set up MP2 in a Win7 VM as a backend TV server. I have a HDHR3, and it see's the three tuners just fine. When I scan for channels (on a fresh install of MP2) on ONE tuner, I am getting 3 or 4 hits per channel on ATSC, and 6 hits per channel on clear QAM. I have 400-500 channels tops via Comcast. Why am I getting 1500 to...
Trying to set up MP2 in a Win7 VM as a backend TV server. I have a HDHR3, and it see's the three tuners just fine. When I scan for...
Trying to set up MP2 in a Win7 VM as a backend TV server. I have a HDHR3, and it see's the three tuners just fine. When I scan for...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom