Newcomers Forum (20 Viewers)

Newcomers to MediaPortal may start here with their questions
So is there still an outstanding question here? To be clear, h.264, AAC and MP3 are all specific media stream formats. Such media streams are usually wrapped in a container format when streamed or stored in files. Some examples of container formats that you might have heard of: MKV, MP4, TS, MPG, AVI. So what we're saying to you is...
So is there still an outstanding question here? To be clear, h.264, AAC and MP3 are all specific media stream formats. Such media...
I'm looking into switching from Windows Media Center to an alternative software running on Windows 8. I have found a couple of nice...
Replies
Views
R
MP1 MP2 Address of recording folder. (1 Viewer) DE
I have uninstalled the programme. I think if I could have got this to work, it would have been awesome Thanks for your help and quick replies. (y) I am now reverting to WMC
I have uninstalled the programme. I think if I could have got this to work, it would have been awesome Thanks for your help and...
Hello On my Windows XP computer in the TV server configuration the address of the "Recording folder" in -- Recording > Folders...
2 3
Replies
Views
Ok i need to ask. Dont have so much time nowdays. I have an old server running and I have MP1 v1.9.0 tv server on that. And my new client a HTPC i want to run MP1 newest version as an client. You Think it can work with an old tvserver ? Cant upgrade cause an old windows 2003 server version..
Ok i need to ask. Dont have so much time nowdays. I have an old server running and I have MP1 v1.9.0 tv server on that. And my new...
Hello. I have used MP for several years now. But my HTPC crashed and now I have a new one with Windows 10. I have a few questions...
Replies
Views
As for me, i will get a video or audio codec from moviecodecdotcom if my player can play the video file ...
As for me, i will get a video or audio codec from moviecodecdotcom if my player can play the video file ...
Whenever I attempt to play any H264 video files in MediaPortal, I get an error saying, "Unable to play: blahblahfilename, Video...
Replies
Views
Thanks Owlsroost and Radioman :) Been really busy at work to try anything. However, I had a look at Radioman's EG script and it looked impressive :thx: I'm still pursuing the S510 media remote since it looks cool, I found it to be more responsive than the ATI RW. Nice feel to the buttons and nicely laid out. Not to mention that I...
Thanks Owlsroost and Radioman :) Been really busy at work to try anything. However, I had a look at Radioman's EG script and it...
I'm have trouble getting this setup, anyone tried and successfully using remote wonder? I've selected X10-ATI from the config...
Replies
Views
Fantastic. :) No need to apologise - we all need a little help to figure things out occasionally, and that is what we're here for. :) Nope, it is fine as is. Happy TV watching! :D
Fantastic. :) No need to apologise - we all need a little help to figure things out occasionally, and that is what we're here for...
I apologize in advance if I appear clueless. I've been a programmer for many many years but seem to have the worst luck with...
Replies
Views
This has been a long time to come back and is intended to let you know what I found, so here goes. 1.5 continued to crash due to lack of memory. What I found was while recording the TV Server service slowly grew in memory, so if I recorded for 6 hours straight then memory grew to around 1g. If recording stopped on all cards then TV...
This has been a long time to come back and is intended to let you know what I found, so here goes. 1.5 continued to crash due to...
Hi Installed MP1.5 on the 5th since then I have had TV Server crash twice, once on the 6th and again on the 8th Showing out of...
Replies
Views
Almost certainly because that's just how it works.
Almost certainly because that's just how it works.
I have several things happening with my MP 1.9 that I hope someone can help with. 1. I have a recorded program that it says it...
Replies
Views
Help . Bought my self a small form factor computer to basically fit my rack and act as a Music store / PVR I added a TBS 8920 S2 and downloaded and Media Portal and after configuring initially bliss. Then one morning I decided to search the channels to check for up dates. As this was going on an iTunes up date became available so...
Help . Bought my self a small form factor computer to basically fit my rack and act as a Music store / PVR I added a TBS 8920 S2...
Hallo, since I installed Version 1.1.0 I can't use my attached mediaplayers anymore. I checked my settings in the MediaPortal...
Replies
Views
T
MP1 MP2 New to HTPCs here DE
I will try it out, thank you :)
I will try it out, thank you :)
Hi everyone, A new comer to the world of HTPCs (not just MediaPortal or any other HTPC software for that matter) and a fair bit of...
Replies
Views
Yes, that is exactly right. :) The EPG is broadcast continuously, but it takes a finite amount of time to broadcast seven days of EPG for all of the channels. Precisely how much time is a matter of some debate. The figure of four minutes has been quoted in the past in other fora, but that was when there were significantly fewer...
Yes, that is exactly right. :) The EPG is broadcast continuously, but it takes a finite amount of time to broadcast seven days of...
Hi, I have just started using MP but I am having problems setting up EPG for DVB-T correctly using TV-server. I have followed all...
Replies
Views
Comcast DTA STB - windows xp pro - hauppauge 2250 Hello all, I am one of the lucky ones :( whom use comcast and they are switching to all digital so now i need to use a DTA STB box. My current media portal setup is/was working great i was able to record 2 shows at once and i even had my RCA inputs working from my digital box to...
Comcast DTA STB - windows xp pro - hauppauge 2250 Hello all, I am one of the lucky ones :( whom use comcast and they are switching...
I have a Kworld capture card with TV tuner. It came with Power VCR II but I hate that software for watching tv on my PC. It...
Replies
Views
Hello Yes it is. Note that MediaPortal doesn't use the EXTEND model's encoder features, so all your recordings will come out as per the original broadcast. From memory the only things you have to remember in order to get it working are: Set the "main application" or "application" setting in HDHR Setup to "MediaPortal". Configure...
Hello Yes it is. Note that MediaPortal doesn't use the EXTEND model's encoder features, so all your recordings will come out as...
I tried a search before posting this, but only found vague references to HDHomeRun on here. So, before I try installing...
Replies
Views
In MediaPortal configuration you can adjust the zap/osd time. A high zap-time allows you to zap through the channels without actually tuning to them to preview channel-name and description. A low zap-time allows for faster channelchange.
In MediaPortal configuration you can adjust the zap/osd time. A high zap-time allows you to zap through the channels without...
Hi all, I'm really happy when I heard the moment that Plex (OSXBMC) was launched for the mac. This was the only way to keep me...
Replies
Views
XP/Vista 64 bit sounds nice But at the moment MP does not support it You can try & hack things around to get it work , but it still will be a 32bit application running on a 64bit OS A real 64bit version of MP is not planned at the moment Reason for this: - i don't think any of the team members currently have 64bit XP/Vista -...
XP/Vista 64 bit sounds nice But at the moment MP does not support it You can try & hack things around to get it work , but it still...
XP/Vista 64 bit sounds nice But at the moment MP does not support it You can try & hack things around to get it work , but it still...
Replies
Views
Oh , thanks for the info, I've been only using the built-in WOL feature... :-). Now that you mentioned it, I once saw some MediaPortal WOL plug-in page, but it seemed pretty out-dated so I never tied it and I never looked at it again... But still, I must separately configure the shares outside Mediaportal -it would have been kind of...
Oh , thanks for the info, I've been only using the built-in WOL feature... :-). Now that you mentioned it, I once saw some...
Hello there, I am a Vista Media Center user and was looking to move to SageTV this week, until Google killed the products. I am...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Editing videos DE
Wouldnt the obvious thing be to repeat the process of editing the file without the other processes running and to see if that was what was causing the problem?
Wouldnt the obvious thing be to repeat the process of editing the file without the other processes running and to see if that was...
Hi Is Media Portal capable of doing the below or do you know what software is? I am trying to find the most user friendly video...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 EPG Genre Mapping DE
I have been using mc2xml for 2 years, and from the beginning used sed.exe on Windows 8 to change some symbols for Repeats [R] and News [NEWS]. Since I was using sed.exe anyway, I just added some more lines to my .bat file that runs mc2xml.exe and then sed.exe to clean up the EPG categories to my taste (my kids are all adults now)...
I have been using mc2xml for 2 years, and from the beginning used sed.exe on Windows 8 to change some symbols for Repeats [R] and...
Unfortunately Mediaportal only reads the first category in tvguide.xml even when more are present: <programme start="20140104090000...
Replies
Views
Thank you for all your assistance, I know I'm missing something. I will do as you have instructed tonight.
Thank you for all your assistance, I know I'm missing something. I will do as you have instructed tonight.
Well I am new to MP and just upgraded to windows 10. I use an AVC-3610 for a long time now with WMC but win10 no longer supports...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Tv server (by rtsp) DE
NAT (Netword Address Translation) works by translating your external IP to your internal IP: 82.165.124.14 | 192.168.1.10 (External | Internal) You'll need to connect to your Internal IP address (start >> cmd >> ipconfig >> IPv4 address) if you are on your local network, the external one if you are not. Most routers have a loopback...
NAT (Netword Address Translation) works by translating your external IP to your internal IP: 82.165.124.14 | 192.168.1.10...
Hi, I am a mediaportal newbie. Mediaportal is very cool. My system is winxp, cinergy c hd cabletvcard and i have installed...
Replies
Views
Is there a way I can load a video file that plays perfectly for my TV (full wide screen), into a media player and find out the properties (resolution / aspect ratio, etc) of it. Then I can ensure my DVD rips that I make use those exact properties? Will VLC tell me that info?
Is there a way I can load a video file that plays perfectly for my TV (full wide screen), into a media player and find out the...
Hi All. I just purchased a 500GB SATA HD, and now I am ready to start ripping my DVD library. My initial plan was to rip and...
Replies
Views
Yep that's spot on. Don't use codec packs. They are evil.
Yep that's spot on. Don't use codec packs. They are evil.
I'm stumped and am hoping for some pointers please. I've got a Gigabyte GA-MA78PM-DS2h motherboard with built in 780g graphics and...
Replies
Views
WOW that's much more than I was hoping for, Thanks Zoidberg. I haven't actually got it working, yet... dunno why, the remote functions work but nothing will stream. Fiddle with something for long enough and it'll work though. I do have a 100Mbit LAN here and it's only an 11g connection to the Xoom, might be part of the problem...
WOW that's much more than I was hoping for, Thanks Zoidberg. I haven't actually got it working, yet... dunno why, the remote...
Hi Everyone I'm using MP 1.2.2.0 with the TV Server Configuration also at 1.2.2.0. I'm trying to access the streams off my TV...
Replies
Views
MEDIAPORTAL
M
MP1 MP2 Help me optimize MP DE
hey guys, I came back to mp, and for the most part enjoying the experience. I have a couple issues. When I click on manual control in the tv server settings it doesnt open and I cannot access to restart tv service. I am using schedulers direct and it seems i always have to force the guide update, hence the issue above. Right...
hey guys, I came back to mp, and for the most part enjoying the experience. I have a couple issues. When I click on manual...
Hello, I am new to MP and spent most of my day yesterday getting it to work. I have experience with MythTV, SageTV, and WM7. I...
Replies
Views
I got this trackball remote working with MP v1.2 in Windows 7. I am happy to tell how, if anyone is interested.
I got this trackball remote working with MP v1.2 in Windows 7. I am happy to tell how, if anyone is interested.
I bought this item X-Gene 2.4GHz Wireless MCE Remote Control 01034 Optical Trackball 8 Channel 800 DPI-Best Computer Online...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've configured the EPG per the guide for UK channels, and when I run the WebEPG.exe I see it as a task but no files are written to the xmltv folder. I even removed channels with no mapping in the WebEPG_conf.exe but still no luck. Has anyone seen this issue before? Any help will be most appreciated :) Ian PS I...
Hi all, I've configured the EPG per the guide for UK channels, and when I run the WebEPG.exe I see it as a task but no files are...
Hello everyone, I'm new to MediaPortal and am very impressed by its UI compared to the horrible clunky WinTV 6 software which...
Replies
Views
What happened to that plugin? Clicking the link shows file removed? Is TV-Server still compatible in some way to xbox 360. That would be awesome!
What happened to that plugin? Clicking the link shows file removed? Is TV-Server still compatible in some way to xbox 360. That...
Hi Can anyone tell me if the mediaportal will allow me to link to the TV via the Xbox like the MS media centre allows or are...
Replies
Views
This would indicate that the RTSP Stream creation on your Server PC is faulty. The MP instance which is installed on the ServerPC, does not connect to an RTSP Stream. It just uses the *.tsbuffer files that TV-Server writes to your disk. Please do the following on the ServerPC. Start->all programs->Team...
This would indicate that the RTSP Stream creation on your Server PC is faulty. The MP instance which is installed on the ServerPC...
I have setup a MP client on a wired network at home. The TV server is recording everything I like and I can also view it on the TV...
Replies
Views
Hi Re my problem with; Error - Version 6.5.1.900 of Psisdecd.dll in C:\Windows\System32... I've now update to latest RC2 and still have the above problem along with some others. I also get a regular error on exiting from the mediaportal config or mediaportal itself; HCWHELPER has encountered an error or sometimes HKWHELPER...
Hi Re my problem with; Error - Version 6.5.1.900 of Psisdecd.dll in C:\Windows\System32... I've now update to latest RC2 and...
Hiya fom a Newbie Sorry if this is an old query. I've just done an install using the deployment tool... to instal TVServer...
Replies
Views
C
Those refresh rates are pretty old. We're currently working on 'upgrading' those, but you might wanna take a look at this Wiki page, which has the updated refresh rate tables: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/Troubleshooting/Stuttering_Playback
Those refresh rates are pretty old. We're currently working on 'upgrading' those, but you might wanna take a look at this Wiki...
Hi, I'm new to MediaPortal and about ready to throw my HTPC out the window. Ok not quite that bad.... but was a happy enough...
2 3
Replies
Views
Top Bottom