General (31 Viewers)

So now I know they don't want to support it.
So now I know they don't want to support it.
We're switching MediaPortal 2 to Visual Studio 2010 this weekend. That means it cannot be opened with Visual Studio 2008 anymore.
Replies
Views
Sorry for my late response, i was on a short vacation :) With the latest version the Server works just fine!
Sorry for my late response, i was on a short vacation :) With the latest version the Server works just fine!
I'm currently using a WHS v1 which is based on W2k3 Standard. Since all my media files are on the server i'm interested in using...
Replies
Views
Thanks! I will give it a try!
Thanks! I will give it a try!
Are there any plans for providing ATSC episode guide support in the final release of MediaPortal 2? I was so excited to switch...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Setup Help DE
Sorry but much the same here except I do use the Online Videos plugin for streaming internet content.:(
Sorry but much the same here except I do use the Online Videos plugin for streaming internet content.:(
Hi, Can someone please assist in setting up mediaportal, I have tried on both windows 7 & 10 but have the same problem. (both 32...
Replies
Views
Well a clean install of MP2 appears to have fixed the issue!
Well a clean install of MP2 appears to have fixed the issue!
Hi all, having installed mediaportal 2 a few days ago as a complete newbie to the program I spent ages trying to get just one of my...
Replies
Views
I gave up and went back last week. I needed keyword recording having moved from Argus on mp1 and hoped to get tvwishlist working on mp2 but it didn't. Also with a multiseat setup, not being able to delete from the client was a massive limitation Mp2 for me was a bit unstable compared to mp1 and the number of mp1 users still...
I gave up and went back last week. I needed keyword recording having moved from Argus on mp1 and hoped to get tvwishlist working...
I starting getting a few issue with MP 1.1.15 and Argus 2.3 so I've gone for a fresh install of MP2 to give it a try. I'm on the...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Kodi PVR and mp2.1 (1 Viewer) DE
Final version online for 2 days - Kodi - TVServerKodi
Final version online for 2 days - Kodi - TVServerKodi
I have a running spring 1.6 mp2 running with 4 kodi clients. But with update to mp 2.1 I can't get any access from Kodi pvr to mp...
Replies
Views
Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But you're right, the channel arrow and PIP button are not reachable by mouse, something insibile is overlapping them and preventing focus. I'll fix that. Anyway, I'll provide a new installer to you soon...
Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But...
I have a new tuner card (Hauppauge model 01609: WinTV-quadHD). It has four tuners and also an IR remote control. I can't figure...
Replies
Views
I have a similar Configuration and made a Test-Install of MP2: Basically it's working, but one major thing I'm missing/don't understand is if IRSS is supported. Especially MP Control Plugin wich I used in MP1 to configure a lot of functions, individual Mappings, Macros... Therefore one elemtary Question: Is "MP Control Plugin"...
I have a similar Configuration and made a Test-Install of MP2: Basically it's working, but one major thing I'm missing/don't...
Since i switched to MP2 i had serveral issues getting my Harmony Remote (configured as MCE Remote) working nice with my build iMon...
Replies
Views
This was a bug that I have fixed now for 2.1.2 release. It was a simple leftover that always set metric, after chosing the right format :whistle:
This was a bug that I have fixed now for 2.1.2 release. It was a simple leftover that always set metric, after chosing the right...
Just started playing again with the new release - and i have to say it's a wow - it immediatly hit the woman accaptence factor...
Replies
Views
@ge2301 I posted in another thread with my tuner issues regarding MP1 and another forum member suggested the database could well be corrupt (I've been using MP1 for many years), and a complete and thorough uninstall and reinstall may be the only way to go, so I thought I may as well try MP2. I have tuned channels, and got a client to...
@ge2301 I posted in another thread with my tuner issues regarding MP1 and another forum member suggested the database could well be...
GOOD MORNING, Please help me to finish the installation. I get the following error. "Service 'MediaPortal 2 Server Service'...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 TV won't start (1 Viewer) DE
I suspect that was actually AV interfering with the installer. There's been a few issues with Microsoft Security Essentials reported before on the forum
I suspect that was actually AV interfering with the installer. There's been a few issues with Microsoft Security Essentials...
Moving from MP1 and managed to get most thing working but couldn't open a TV channel until I had some EPG data. Now, when I click...
Replies
Views
I was quite busy lately and hadn't much time, but there is progress. I was working on the caching, but faced a problem, I'll try to resolve it by myself if not, I'll contact you :) Syncing movies is working already, but without the caching. Currently I'm out of home an will be back on Wednesday.
I was quite busy lately and hadn't much time, but there is progress. I was working on the caching, but faced a problem, I'll try to...
Ok, as the title asks, should I switch? Current config: Hardware: HP N40L microserver with 8GB RAM USB dual DVB-T card USB...
Replies
Views
Is there any chance this issue has been fixed in the latest release (candidate) ? I would like to try this out again.
Is there any chance this issue has been fixed in the latest release (candidate) ? I would like to try this out again.
Hi, I've been working on dumping MCE (RIP). Still on W8.1 but may update to W10 after MP2 U1 EPG is stable. Pretty good so far MCE...
Replies
Views
Sorry for the long wait, with a baby in the house one is happy to get some sleep at all or to form a coherent tought for more than 15minutes. :) recording from 2 tuners at once is stable so far. With zapping I have BSOD after about 10-15 channel changes. Obviously I havent recorded that much. Channel change is slow at 5-6 seconds...
Sorry for the long wait, with a baby in the house one is happy to get some sleep at all or to form a coherent tought for more than...
Hi, I am a bit pressed for time now, but I have prepared the text below while my forum registration was pending. My apologies...
Replies
Views
Ok, getting somewhere. Before trying MP 2.1, I performed a 'fresh' install of MP 1.16. I then imported all my saved settings and channels into MP 1.16 TVServer configuration. I setup the client, and low and behold all my recordings work once more. Seemingly the issue appears to happen when upgrading MP 1.15 to MP 1.16. For...
Ok, getting somewhere. Before trying MP 2.1, I performed a 'fresh' install of MP 1.16. I then imported all my saved settings and...
Hello. Am new to Mediaportal 2.x, so please excuse any ignorance. I have been enjoying Mediaportal 1.x releases for quite some...
Replies
Views
Cheers high - thanks for the explanation and alternative source - appreciate it.
Cheers high - thanks for the explanation and alternative source - appreciate it.
Have tried all evening to download MP2, used both IE10 and Chrome, without success - unable to load sourceforge page. Any one else...
Replies
Views
MP2 runs with DX9 and the package can not be installed. There are several threads with this topic. Please refer for example here: Install ALWAYS Fails
MP2 runs with DX9 and the package can not be installed. There are several threads with this topic. Please refer for example here...
Hello I am a new user trying to install MP2 on a Windows 8 HTPC I got install error 0xfffffff7 I am including an extract of my...
Replies
Views
While I am glad that you have been able to sort this out, I am wondering what went wrong. The MP2 setup installs LAV 0.70.2 - and should return an error if this wasn't possible. Anyway, enjoy MP2.
While I am glad that you have been able to sort this out, I am wondering what went wrong. The MP2 setup installs LAV 0.70.2 - and...
Hi guys, I have tried many hours to sort this out and also searched for answers but have not been successful. I am looking to...
Replies
Views
Maybe some jpg are broken during download. I also have some of them in my library. Good test objects for my Editor... Broken jpg are not reloaded as long as the damaged files are existing...
Maybe some jpg are broken during download. I also have some of them in my library. Good test objects for my Editor... Broken jpg...
I have spoken with @morpheus_xx already, but I am hoping some others here can shed some light. I am facing two issues: #1 - In...
Replies
Views
I investigated this a bit further. Your settings don't allow for any online fanart being downloaded unless your tracks are tagged with the MusicBrainz release ID, because you are not allowing download of audio details (which contain the ID). Fanart downloading only works if an ID is known. For FanArt.tv the MusicBrainz release ID is...
I investigated this a bit further. Your settings don't allow for any online fanart being downloaded unless your tracks are tagged...
Description Hi, Music database scanning now works fine and very fast. Unfortunately Music fanart doesn't work for me (never worked...
Replies
Views
Thanks again. If I might make a suggestion, sageTV has (well had I guess now that google took them over) an interesting model where developers can write software "extenders" that provide the actual TV content to sagetv to render and accept generic things like channel change commands and update sageTV with EPG information. I think it...
Thanks again. If I might make a suggestion, sageTV has (well had I guess now that google took them over) an interesting model...
First of all I'm excited about this project! Secondly, I did look around on the Wiki for information on this before I posted :)...
Replies
Views
...and you want to have MediaPortal client(s) communicating with a server on a different subnet? Speaking for TV Server only: at present there is no plan to require SSDP or UPnP. SSDP/UPnP is only necessary for CableCARD and SAT>IP tuner support. I'd be interested to know why you think UPnP and SSDP are broken by design. My own...
...and you want to have MediaPortal client(s) communicating with a server on a different subnet? Speaking for TV Server only: at...
Hi, I managed to get MediaPortal 2 to connect to a specific IP I put into the...
Replies
Views
There's a simple answer to this: None of the lists give focus to the first item :) ...at least not on my installation. Movies, Videos, Audio, Browse media, etc. They all seem to put focus on an item in the filters / sorting menu, rather than on the list of media items themselves. I'm not sure what the intention is, but I'd prefer to...
There's a simple answer to this: None of the lists give focus to the first item :) ...at least not on my installation. Movies...
The time has come :):D MediaPortal in Version 2.2 is released. At first as Pre-Release, because of the included major changes. In...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Firewall settings DE
Here is another log of another client in the same network, that does not connect to the server when resuming from standby. After closing MP and restarting it, it connects without a problem.
Here is another log of another client in the same network, that does not connect to the server when resuming from standby. After...
What ports do I need to open in firewalls (server and client) ? I did not find that in the wiki for MP yet.
Replies
Views
Said I'd report back in. After, yet again, another full day of messing around with this, I have failed in being able to get the TV configuration tool to scan without a crashing lockup and file damage that forces a minimum of a system restore to get the configuration tool working again. This is with installation of the older...
Said I'd report back in. After, yet again, another full day of messing around with this, I have failed in being able to get the...
Hi, I use two Hauppauge 2250's on a Lenovo PC to record over the air broadcasts with Win7 and WMC and all works. Trying to...
Replies
Views
Ok, for some reason Dokan is not installing on your system. Download Dokan manually from here: https://github.com/dokan-dev/dokany/releases/download/v1.0.2/DokanSetup.exe. Launch the Dokan setup, reboot and then try to install MP 2.1
Ok, for some reason Dokan is not installing on your system. Download Dokan manually from here...
Afternoon all, New user here - trying something other than Windows Media Center (which I'm finding is becoming more and more...
Replies
Views
Can you please add logs from MP2 when it fails to play video files... But first you need to check your installation file of MP2. The installation wasn't able to create the grabber for TV Series and Movies during installation. This is not a normal behaviour...
Can you please add logs from MP2 when it fails to play video files... But first you need to check your installation file of MP2...
I have just installed mp2 alpha 4 and dont really know what is going on When first installed neither mp2 or mp4 videos would run I...
Replies
Views
Added cron task into my enigma box to run this script daily. Test run worked without any issues so no more manual edits everyday. (y)(y)
Added cron task into my enigma box to run this script daily. Test run worked without any issues so no more manual edits everyday...
Any assistance here would be greatly appreciated - I am pulling my hair out with this one! I am using a couple of IPTV services...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 No Search in Guide? DE
You demanded it, so here it is: So in next public build (>= 2015-08-04) you can use this feature also in MP2. This also means for new users: keep your ideas coming, they are welcome and have good chance to get implemented! :)
You demanded it, so here it is: So in next public build (>= 2015-08-04) you can use this feature also in MP2. This also...
Can't find the Search feature in the Guide. Seems silly, but I don't see it in the Menu off the Guide screen (just "Playlist") and...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom