Newcomers Forum (34 Viewers)

Newcomers to MediaPortal may start here with their questions
MP1 MP2 Help with TV setup DE
I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch them there. I don't have NextPVR working yet so I don't get any TV guide or able to record. But it's closer than I've been before. I don't understand why HDhomerun can pick up my channels and MP picks them...
I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch...
I’ve looked around and this MediaPortal seems like the perfect thing for me. I just can’t seem to get it setup correctly...
Replies
Views
me too. thanks so much for helping this noob. Me that is. =-):o:thx:
me too. thanks so much for helping this noob. Me that is. =-):o:thx:
I'm trying to setup the TV Server in 1.0 RC1. I installed RC1 and chose to use the TV Server, then hit one click setup. Now was...
Replies
Views
U
Thx a lot !
Thx a lot !
Hi... Have searched this forum/google but still not found an answer ... Am using the CoreAVC 2.0 as the h.264 coded to allow...
Replies
Views
Unknickable
U
  • Poll
Done, thanks for reminding me :D
Done, thanks for reminding me :D
Hello All We are currently looking at returning weather back as part of the MediaPortal install, this should show fairly basic...
Replies
Views
Ah, glanced right over that. Thanks!
Ah, glanced right over that. Thanks!
As reported here by rtv (Developer) https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/390072-post109.html This will stop streaming and you will...
Replies
Views
I have Logitech Harmony 300i and bought Windows XP compliant RC6 receiver from "AEOne" who is a member of this board. Setting up Logitech 300i as MCE was easy over web. I also did couple of small changes on key mappings in MP according to my taste :) This combinaton perfectly works for me and it does what I expect.
I have Logitech Harmony 300i and bought Windows XP compliant RC6 receiver from "AEOne" who is a member of this board. Setting up...
Hi all, I have tried using 3 different remotes now with media portal, and I have never actually gotten it to 'just work'. I have...
Replies
Views
I thought it worth mentioning in case someone else with the same problem finds this thread. Not even a long cable either, only 3-4m. Very weird.
I thought it worth mentioning in case someone else with the same problem finds this thread. Not even a long cable either, only...
Hi, new to forum, but not to MP. Have same issue with MP1 (1.19.0) and MP2 (2.1.3). Cannot find DVB-T2 TV channels on TV server...
Replies
Views
Hi! How about an 8 tuner PCI card with CI module? I wonder if this will work with all Boxer HD channels... http://www.digital-devices.eu/shop/en/tv-cards/complete-sets-with-8-tuners/263/8-tuner-tv-card-dvb-c2/t2-octopus-twin-ci-set-dd-max-a8-tv-card-dd-octopus-twin-ci?c=161 Anyone? /Jonas...
Hi! How about an 8 tuner PCI card with CI module? I wonder if this will work with all Boxer HD channels...
Hey MP People !! Is there any way to get Boxer's(Denmark) HD channels into MP ??? I do have all the normal channels from boxer...
Replies
Views
Hello Mihael You use the "open URL" option in VLC to open the RTSP URL from the server. See the wiki: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/141_Configuration/TV-Server_Configuration/10_Streaming_Server#Stream mm
Hello Mihael You use the "open URL" option in VLC to open the RTSP URL from the server. See the wiki...
If VLC player can play TV stream from MP TV server, what I must do in VLC player? Thanks Mihael
Replies
Views
AW: FFDshow vs. coreAVC (render quality) Thx Kiwi for your Link :oops: Ich have searched with "german site" option (:wtf: I guess this is also the reason why coreAVC is so fast. But who have testet all codecs for 1080 content and have a favorite?
AW: FFDshow vs. coreAVC (render quality) Thx Kiwi for your Link :oops: Ich have searched with "german site" option (:wtf: I guess...
Hi Community, have anybody render quality different between ffdshow and coreAVC observed? I have compared ffdshow (latest...
Replies
Views
Dude, I totally misunderstood your setup. I thought you were talking about an oldschool athlon AMD single core 2.7 Ghz processor from like 99 for some reason. Just totally misread your post for some reason sorry.
Dude, I totally misunderstood your setup. I thought you were talking about an oldschool athlon AMD single core 2.7 Ghz processor...
Hello all, I have tried to get MP play 1080p (.mkv) on my current PC but my pc is not good enough to do that. So i was curious...
Replies
Views
I'm not sure if there is a uPNP server process plugin for mediaportal. There are lots of windows uPNP server programs eg. twonky, tversity, serviio, wmp 11
I'm not sure if there is a uPNP server process plugin for mediaportal. There are lots of windows uPNP server programs eg. twonky...
hello i have a sony bravia tv with wifi capabilities and i simply want to use MP to stream movies on my hard drive, over the wifi...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Canadian Experience (1 Viewer) DE
Thanks for the logos (haven't looked at them as I have my own set for Argus TV). Re: CTV, can you look in your config file for this channel? <channel update="i" site="tvguide.com.Buffalo-OTA" site_id="12970" xmltv_id="CTVHT 9.1">CTVHT 9.1</channel> I see the following from last night's log: Channel CTVHT 9.1 site --...
Thanks for the logos (haven't looked at them as I have my own set for Argus TV). Re: CTV, can you look in your config file for this...
Hi, anybody from Canada/Ontario/GTA here who has used MP and has a tip or two how to set up MP or what to do to avoid problems. I'm...
Replies
Views
It uses emulation under Linux to run XP. Good bye to any media playback capabilities in MP :)
It uses emulation under Linux to run XP. Good bye to any media playback capabilities in MP :)
Hi Everyone, My friend uses Mediaportal and loves it and after testing it on my PC I want to install it on my PS3. The...
Replies
Views
In my case it turned out to be bios setting that was causing the problem... The BIOS setting "ACPI HPET TABLE" needs to be set to "ENABLED". Seems that since windows 8.1. this is a requirement for wakeup events.
In my case it turned out to be bios setting that was causing the problem... The BIOS setting "ACPI HPET TABLE" needs to be set to...
Hi, I'm a newcomer and just installed MePo 1.10 on a Windows 8 machine. It's a single seat configuration, used primarily for TV...
Replies
Views
Glad to hear you got it sorted and thanks for the confirmation about BDA - I'll keep that in mind for next time. Happy TV watching! :)
Glad to hear you got it sorted and thanks for the confirmation about BDA - I'll keep that in mind for next time. Happy TV watching! :)
Hi, I'm very new to MP so wondered if anyone knows of a how-to guide on installing MP on WHS 2011? If not can anyone give me...
Replies
Views
That is how it is supposed to work (MP1 works the same way). MP keeps TV channels separate from radio channels. This is different from WMC, which merged them together into a single EPG and a single recordings library. MP1 has a "Radio" icon on the Home panel; selecting that takes you to a list of radio stations (or to another radio...
That is how it is supposed to work (MP1 works the same way). MP keeps TV channels separate from radio channels. This is different...
Hi there, I have moved over to MediaPortal2 from Windows Media Centre as in the new update to Windows 10 there will be no more...
Replies
Views
yap - internally, all official MS MCE Remotes are actual Philips remotes. :)
yap - internally, all official MS MCE Remotes are actual Philips remotes. :)
I'm looking for a 100% hassle-free remote control that I can use with MediaPortal. Something that works right out of the box, with...
Replies
Views
That's where I was going wrong. Now I have TV Server installed it's all working fine.. :) Thanks for your help.:thx:
That's where I was going wrong. Now I have TV Server installed it's all working fine.. :) Thanks for your help.:thx:
Hi Guys, I've been using MS Windows Media Center for a while now, and would like to try something better. I've been burnt buying...
Replies
Views
Hi. Yes, but once you've done this work you will never got any issues matching your videos in any HTPC software again. Good prepared media makes it an easy task to recognize and import them correctly into MP, Kodi, Plex, Emby,...
Hi. Yes, but once you've done this work you will never got any issues matching your videos in any HTPC software again. Good...
First off, hello to all. I'm in the middle of assembling my HTPC project, and am looking forward to seeing how MediaPortal...
Replies
Views
Cheers for the explanation. I am really liking mp1. I will try mp2 as well as soon as the current screening of Frozen has finished!
Cheers for the explanation. I am really liking mp1. I will try mp2 as well as soon as the current screening of Frozen has finished!
What is the difference between these two portals?
Replies
Views
G
Im currently having problem setting up mine as well, no signal no matter what I am trying, here is my file
Im currently having problem setting up mine as well, no signal no matter what I am trying, here is my file
Hi there, I'm new to MediaPortal so please bear with me. I want to view TV and I'm not sure if I have everything configured...
Replies
Views
I recognized our test file :) I can't test my self now since my home pc is constantly failng probably due to overheating
I recognized our test file :) I can't test my self now since my home pc is constantly failng probably due to overheating
Have got an issue playing MKV with 3 different audio tracks in separate AC3 files (in the same folder as MKV). Can not change...
Replies
Views
Ah right, so it could be 'inactive' for 'this' instance... i'll defentely check that. Concerning your message above, that's exactly what i mean :) --- Edit: Yes, that did the trick, now it says: dxva2n Tnx for your help!
Ah right, so it could be 'inactive' for 'this' instance... i'll defentely check that. Concerning your message above, that's...
For quite a long time i'm using LAV for all my codecs (in MePo), i've set the DXVA to DXVA2 Native. I've had this setting for ages...
Replies
Views
Thanks guys. :)
Thanks guys. :)
Total newbie here! First time installed today... trying to bail on MS Media Center. I installed MP 2, but seem to be missing...
Replies
Views
DHCP Don't have your single seat MP install on a computer that's set to obtain its IP address automatically. This can confuse the poor dear. I switched on my PC and found that TV channels that played fine yesterday no longer worked. Log files were full of thrown exceptions and other horrendous notifications. After a bit of...
DHCP Don't have your single seat MP install on a computer that's set to obtain its IP address automatically. This can confuse the...
Hello guys, A while ago I took the jump from windows media centre to mediaportal. Windows media centre worked well, however there...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Freesat EPG DE
Hi, For everyone using freesat EPG, could you please test the TsWriter.ax from here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/tswriter-ax-testing-urgent-help-needed-from-all-tv-users.106783/ and let us know if it is still working fine. This really is important, because as it stands this TsWriter.ax is likely to make it into...
Hi, For everyone using freesat EPG, could you please test the TsWriter.ax from here...
I am confused. I had set up my system initially with a terrestrial tuner (for testing) and successfully had an EPG (UK Freeview). I...
Replies
Views
I deleted a reply it was the wrong Place to ask.
I deleted a reply it was the wrong Place to ask.
I just finished setting up my first HTPC. It's something I was really looking forward too. I preferred MP over anything else...
Replies
Views
Yes.
Yes.
Cybersymian, left TGB behind then? Considering MP now myself as WMC is causing me allsorts of issues... Any advice???
Replies
Views
C
http://reviewhorizon.com/2011/03/how-to-fix-no-channels-were-found-error-in-windows-media-center/
http://reviewhorizon.com/2011/03/how-to-fix-no-channels-were-found-error-in-windows-media-center/
I can find plenty of channels using ArcSoft's TotalMedia 3.5 but the software sucks, very buggy and lacks features. So I thought I...
Replies
Views
Marcoseee
M
Top Bottom