Newcomers Forum (33 Viewers)

Newcomers to MediaPortal may start here with their questions
MP1 MP2 My Pictures also includes videos. (1 Viewer) DE
starts great, plays images in a slideshow, then as much videos as in a row, but jumps out of slideshov after last video.
starts great, plays images in a slideshow, then as much videos as in a row, but jumps out of slideshov after last video.
Hi, I assume that many people take also videos with their digital cameras. So when you upload the pictures to your harddrive...
Replies
Views
That may be part of the answer. WMC is not using the LAV CODEC. WMC is probably using a different CODEC for the AC3 in the MP TS than it is for the WMC files. Whatever AC3 CODEC WMC is using does have trouble controlling audio volume over HDMI. I have not tried controlling the volume out an analogue connector. Thanks.
That may be part of the answer. WMC is not using the LAV CODEC. WMC is probably using a different CODEC for the AC3 in the MP TS...
Hi, I have tried 3-4 times now to setup Media Portal as an alternative to Windows Media Centre without 100% satisfaction. Could I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Useful posts. DE
Ok, so you find the forum confusing and do not know where to start, well look no further, Spragleknas came up with the idea of putting important information you may need in one place to get Mediaportal up and running. So to get the ball rolling :) feel free to suggest any other posts that could be put here. Official FAQ (Wiki)...
Ok, so you find the forum confusing and do not know where to start, well look no further, Spragleknas came up with the idea of...
Ok, so you find the forum confusing and do not know where to start, well look no further, Spragleknas came up with the idea of...
Replies
Views
AW: Annoying CI OSD asking continuously for Rights Check my try before you posted your modification was to: - catch the ci menu object - fill the ci dialog / notify dialog - set ci menu object = null - do modal. this way I need only the single variable without list. the thing I missed was the Reset() part.
AW: Annoying CI OSD asking continuously for Rights Check my try before you posted your modification was to: - catch the ci menu...
Hi, I could not figure out how to switch off the OSD of Common Interface which is always poping-up asking to check my rights...
Replies
Views
I have tried both being new to the HTPC scene. I can honestly say, MP rocks, plug-in support, Streamed-MP even Windows 7 MCE cannot compare.Setup does get a bit frustrating but once you have everything running you will have a piece of heaven.
I have tried both being new to the HTPC scene. I can honestly say, MP rocks, plug-in support, Streamed-MP even Windows 7 MCE...
First let me be clear: I greatly appreciate the efforts of the programers and other volunteers on the mediaportal project. I can't...
Replies
Views
M
In the description of the plugin it's clearly stated that only the TV-server part is available:
In the description of the plugin it's clearly stated that only the TV-server part is available:
Hi, I searched the forum and found nothing so maybe that already answers my question but I want to know if MediaPortal can serve...
Replies
Views
Just checking in, as I said before I would also be happy to assist in any way!!!
Just checking in, as I said before I would also be happy to assist in any way!!!
hello everyone I am new to mediaportal but not new to the ideas i am currently running windows vista media center as my home...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Danes ... Help DE
This might be interesting for anyone who wants dolby digital 5.1 sound from DR1 HD. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/television-mytv-frontend-tv-server-90/dvb-w-aac-5-1-ac3-5-1-guide-80544/#post602843 /gibman
This might be interesting for anyone who wants dolby digital 5.1 sound from DR1 HD...
Hey Sorry, but it seems that this problem is contry relatet, but you are all ofc very welcome to read and help. November the 1...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MCE remote some buttons do not work (1 Viewer) DE
I have this issue as well. My remote works on one of my HTPCs but not the other. At first it didn't work, some buttons worked (arrows, numbers etc.) but none of the media centre specific buttons. I resolved this by unplugging the received and plugging into another usb socket. Having since had to unplug the computer briefly and plug...
I have this issue as well. My remote works on one of my HTPCs but not the other. At first it didn't work, some buttons worked...
Hello, I use the MCE Remote to control Media portal (on Win-7) without live TV So i only use Media portal to listen music and...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry I sent an accidental message so I am posting this message in it's place to edit it. I forward to your comments on my last two posts above thanks. Regards Richard.
Hi, Sorry I sent an accidental message so I am posting this message in it's place to edit it. I forward to your comments on my...
Hi Do you know of any user friendly free TS file editors or is it possible to configure Media Portal to record in a format other...
Replies
Views
Talux - this is how to use an external player in MP - Video Player - MediaPortal Wiki Tony
Talux - this is how to use an external player in MP - Video Player - MediaPortal Wiki Tony
I have a few MKV's that for some reason stutter (audio and video) to the point that the movie is playing at half-speed or...
Replies
Views
Can anyone offer any advice on my last post?
Can anyone offer any advice on my last post?
Hi All, I have been using Media Portal for well over a year now and have everything working pretty well except one frustrating...
Replies
Views
sorry luck428, but did you take the time to read the screen that opens when the installation finish ? For your convenience I attach it to my post. Simone
sorry luck428, but did you take the time to read the screen that opens when the installation finish ? For your convenience I...
Hi, how do you install MediaPortal offline? I've already have the components (mssql,etc) installed. Old versions didnt require...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Web EPG Zap2it Zap2Xml (1 Viewer) DE
redirects zap2xml mc2xml
redirects zap2xml mc2xml
Hi, I am a newcomer to MediaPortal and I was struggling to find a good US based EPG grabber. WebEpg simply did not work for me...
Replies
Views
Sorry to hear that, but I'm glad that you didn't see any problems with the EPG while it was working. Mark
Sorry to hear that, but I'm glad that you didn't see any problems with the EPG while it was working. Mark
Hi, Yesterday, my area of the UK finally fully cut over to digital and for the first time I had the HD channels from Freeview. I...
Replies
Views
I have this card (Diamond), it detects both Analog and ATSC. The analog portion is working, but when I search for ATSC, it finds nothing. It also is working in Windows Media Center. I've tired many versions of the software and still doesn't work. The forums seem to have many threads with this issues. Maybe we can finally figure this...
I have this card (Diamond), it detects both Analog and ATSC. The analog portion is working, but when I search for ATSC, it finds...
Does the ATI TV Wonder HD 650(PCI-Express 1x) work as a tuner with Media Portal? It's not on the supported devices list but I was...
Replies
Views
This is my first HTPC, and the NVIDIA ION seems to be quirky. When it is happy, it works great!
This is my first HTPC, and the NVIDIA ION seems to be quirky. When it is happy, it works great!
Hi. Noobie here. I'm trying to move away from Win7 Media Center, which is currently configured to play and record Over The Air...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Live TV subtitles? (1 Viewer) DE
No problems, look forward to the next release :)
No problems, look forward to the next release :)
Hi, I've just about got MP configured... including using subtitles on downloaded movies.... but I can't find anywhere to turn them...
Replies
Views
Can you do everything you need with free version of Plex or did you have to sign up for monthly premium service?
Can you do everything you need with free version of Plex or did you have to sign up for monthly premium service?
Hey guys, before I begin, I want to say I appreciate any help you can offer. Basically, I have been using Windows Media Center for...
Replies
Views
Thank you. Per your link I enabled the Dynamic Refresh Rate and the live TV image appeared. Many more things to discover but you got me going. Thanks so much. Steve
Thank you. Per your link I enabled the Dynamic Refresh Rate and the live TV image appeared. Many more things to discover but you...
Hello, I just recently bought a Dell Angel USB TV Tuner, model HJ649. To my great surprise, it came with no software to be...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
*Later posts moved -=HERE=-*
*Later posts moved -=HERE=-*
Well, plugins got it - so why not skins? To avoid users to have to browse through almost a thousand post looking for...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to set up the same thing-I have a few TV's that are natively DNLA equpped (Samsungs and Sony). There is no UPnP nor DNLA component to MP that I can see but what I'm doing is running either PS3 server ps3mediaserver - Project Hosting on Google Code or Servio Serviio DLNA media server .These apps then access the the folders...
I'm trying to set up the same thing-I have a few TV's that are natively DNLA equpped (Samsungs and Sony). There is no UPnP nor DNLA...
I'm very new to MediaPortal (I installed it yesterday on an ageing Shuttle, and I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far), so...
Replies
Views
In case anyone does come back this way... this is the problem and the wizard was setting the hide mouse option to no. This has been fixed (well removed) in 1.2
In case anyone does come back this way... this is the problem and the wizard was setting the hide mouse option to no. This has...
I have been using Media Portal since sometime last year. When I first got it when watching TV the mouse cursor used to disappear...
Replies
Views
I don't know any option how to do this :(
I don't know any option how to do this :(
I have windows 7 64 bit enterprise and my computer has two ethetnet cards. I noticet, that tv server shows program only when i...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 mkv files? DE
koolman53, I had the same problem. Uninstalled directvobsud, installed CCCP activated subtitles in FFDSHOW instead. Works for me.
koolman53, I had the same problem. Uninstalled directvobsud, installed CCCP activated subtitles in FFDSHOW instead. Works for me.
I find that, straight out of the box, MP doesn't play mkv files. I've seen mkv mentioned a couple of times in this forum, so I'm...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 EPG Viewer xmltv DE
Hi, just a quickie I've been messing about with xmltv and have found a nice little program to test my tvguide.xml file EPG Viewer for XMLTV Radio Times Data quite nice Cheers
Hi, just a quickie I've been messing about with xmltv and have found a nice little program to test my tvguide.xml file...
Hi, just a quickie I've been messing about with xmltv and have found a nice little program to test my tvguide.xml file...
Replies
Views
Thanks so much for your help RonD! This setup fixed my problem. I was able to scan and find channels and preview them to know that it is working. Thanks again!!
Thanks so much for your help RonD! This setup fixed my problem. I was able to scan and find channels and preview them to know...
I'm trying to set up the mediaportal tv server, and running in to some issues. I've seen similar issue posted but have not been...
Replies
Views
Hi tommyc2k7, Thanks for your answer ... my MB ony has one slot (PCIe 1x) - no way to move the card ... ;) At the weekend i will give 4tr - now argus-tv because 4tr is dead .. - a try. or ... back to where i´m from - Linux and VDR (plus xbmc) ... Michael
Hi tommyc2k7, Thanks for your answer ... my MB ony has one slot (PCIe 1x) - no way to move the card ... ;) At the weekend i...
Hi all, I recently installed Mediaportal 1.2.3 to go with my Blackgold 3540 (dual dvb-s dual dvb-t) and I'm having problems...
Replies
Views
That did the trick Thanks again
That did the trick Thanks again
Hi, Can someone help me in finding where the hidden files are on Windows 7 to remove to cure this issue? Thanks Dan
Replies
Views
My solution was to get a new TV Tuner (In my case, it was the OTA tuner for Xbox One). I chose that as I still currently have DirecTV on my main TV, but eventually I do plan on canceling it. When I do, I'll move the tuner to the Xbox, but in the meantime I have the new tuner card working great with MP2. I'll reply over there as well.
My solution was to get a new TV Tuner (In my case, it was the OTA tuner for Xbox One). I chose that as I still currently have...
I recently updated to Windows 10 and lost Media Center, which allowed me to watch live TV using my really old ATI HDTV Wonder card...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom