General (72 Viewers)

I meant MP2Ext is work in progress in my post above. I really believe that your posts make people leave MediaPortal instead of attract them. MPExt for MP1 were developed during several years and we developed MediaPortal iViewer during those years. A lot of effort has been put in the service and it's stable although the version...
I meant MP2Ext is work in progress in my post above. I really believe that your posts make people leave MediaPortal instead of...
Please help with Question: How to ? I have installed MP2 from the package "MP2-Setup-SummerRelease_15" Attempting to setup EPG and...
Replies
Views
Certainly an interesting discussion... :) From my perspective my needs as a user have changed over time, the geek in me is happy to try out new builds, tweak away and work around bugs, but since I now have 2 young children, more demanding job my free time is far more limited than it used to be. I think that having both MP1 & MP2 is...
Certainly an interesting discussion... :) From my perspective my needs as a user have changed over time, the geek in me is happy...
It can already be used in a production system? And then I put it on his test. He had is of little use for everyday use.
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 RTSP Streaming Not Working (1 Viewer) DE
Hi. This I never encountered. And as the server only is doing the timeshifting (the client "asks" the server to start/stop timeshifting, that's all a client is involved into timeshifting) it can not be relevant if the client is on the same machine as the server or not. The timeshift video (timeshift is a normal video that is created...
Hi. This I never encountered. And as the server only is doing the timeshifting (the client "asks" the server to start/stop...
I am unable to get RTSP streaming working. I have version 2.1.3 of MediaPortal 2, both server and client, installed on a single...
Replies
Views
Thank you for your quick response as it was in time to stop me giving up on it and I was able to complete an install. Today I set up my tuners again and after some further problems I did get it all working. I can understand new users having problems as I also encountered some of the other things Mobidic commented on. But I do prefer...
Thank you for your quick response as it was in time to stop me giving up on it and I was able to complete an install. Today I set...
My background is software development. I have been using Windows Media Center for ages. I did take a look at Media Portal years...
Replies
Views
Wow guys... You are awesome. I will test as soon as I get home from work. Thanks for the updates. Matt
Wow guys... You are awesome. I will test as soon as I get home from work. Thanks for the updates. Matt
I installed MP2 on my local machine and a few things have been confusing for me. 1.) The schedules direct plugin does not show up...
Replies
Views
Today, I just went through the upgrade to MP2 from 1.15. In 1.XX, I followed these directions to get the schedule download automatically. Basically, you open TV Configuration, go to Plug-ins, Make sure that PowerScheduler is enabled, and then setup the EPG section. On the EPG tab, there is an entry "Run Command Before Internal...
Today, I just went through the upgrade to MP2 from 1.15. In 1.XX, I followed these directions to get the schedule download...
All, I'm running the current version of MP2 and I'm hoping to get Schedules Direct working with it so I can have some guide data...
Replies
Views
I have now enabled sleep 3 minutes hibernate 5 minutes. I dont like my little blinking light on the pc. Xmltv to wake up at 0300hrs every night to download digiguide EPG. i changed the xmltv console run to start at 0300. 30 seconds. The last things i will do is enable password protection on wake up. But also i need to confirm that...
I have now enabled sleep 3 minutes hibernate 5 minutes. I dont like my little blinking light on the pc. Xmltv to wake up at...
Hello HTPCSourcer, Oops & thanks for the reply. Could you send me a link that best describes how to set power settings in mp2...
Replies
Views
GPU ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series GPU Release 2009/02/06 DX Hardware Level 10.1 Driver Version 8.970.100.3000 Driver Date 04.07.2012 Starts OK Comments Win7 x64
GPU ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series GPU Release 2009/02/06 DX Hardware Level 10.1 Driver...
This thread is related to https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/concept-switch-mp2-to-d3d11-d2d-rendering.128849/. To get an...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TVE 3.5 DE
Tried it and setup fails. Current setup: - windows 10 - media portal 1 with disabled tv server - argus 2.3 plugin for recording Tried: - install of media portal 2 (successfull) - removed tve 3 - downloaded and copied tve 3.5 - ran setuptv The last step resulted in the error that tv service was not started, request to start? Clicked...
Tried it and setup fails. Current setup: - windows 10 - media portal 1 with disabled tv server - argus 2.3 plugin for recording...
Tried 03 aug snapshot, but want to test latest tve3.5 (I'm interested in the server part, especially live tv). Where can I download...
Replies
Views
Hi. As mentioned already, both are part of the main MP2 system. Moving pictures compared to MP2 Movies "module" is nearly on the same level with slightly more features (e.g. for genres) on MovingPictures side where MP2 has better support for collections and moviesets.. But the series part of MP2 is much, much better than TVSeries...
Hi. As mentioned already, both are part of the main MP2 system. Moving pictures compared to MP2 Movies "module" is nearly on the...
Hello all, FAQ-page says that MP1 and MP2 are completely segregated...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MediaPortal2-Buddy DE
That’s what Lehmden said. Watched flags get migrated when updating to 2.2. Also a new plugin is almost finished to backup watched flags and restore later.
That’s what Lehmden said. Watched flags get migrated when updating to 2.2. Also a new plugin is almost finished to backup watched...
Hi. And here is another "Buddy"... Today's Buddy is "MediaPortal2-Buddy" (or short, MP2-Buddy), a tool to do some work around...
Replies
Views
I power cycled the PC and the tuner several times, but the status isn't changing. Any idea?
I power cycled the PC and the tuner several times, but the status isn't changing. Any idea?
Hi, I have the Digibit R1 SAT>IP server. I installed MP2 and the SlimTV Nativ 3.5 Plugin. But how to use the SAT>IP connection...
Replies
Views
AW: Re: MediaPortal2 : uPNP, DNLA ? Hi longkerdandy, we're always looking for good devs for MP2. MP2 already contains a UPnP library which provides the UPnP infrastructure components. Based on that components, UPnP devices and services can easily be developed. I plan to add UPnP/AV support, but it needs time to implement that...
AW: Re: MediaPortal2 : uPNP, DNLA ? Hi longkerdandy, we're always looking for good devs for MP2. MP2 already contains a...
Hi everyone, I was wondering : does MP2 will be "standard" compatible. I mean, it seems the uPNP library is "MP specific". I...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 Uninstaller DE
Hi. No, GPRS only. And maximum amount of "full speed" data is 100 MB per month. Downloading one build of MP2 and the whole month is gone...:eek:
Hi. No, GPRS only. And maximum amount of "full speed" data is 100 MB per month. Downloading one build of MP2 and the whole month...
After a discussion on a test custom install, I decided to take some time and see what all the MP2 Uninstaller leaves behind. This...
Replies
Views
Hi Lehmden Thanks for your suggestions. I will try some of them. Else i'll port one of the tuners to the Myth box and decommission the MP2 Server. Unfortunately more recent of the Fusion DVB the PCIe dual express 2 recognised by Windows does not work with Myth but the older single Fusion does so it can work with the other dual card...
Hi Lehmden Thanks for your suggestions. I will try some of them. Else i'll port one of the tuners to the Myth box and...
I reviewed instructions on how to install the Kodi TVServer plugin as follows: To install this TVServer plugin: Download the...
Replies
Views
AW: MP2 development - almost alpha state Very hot pics...thx! i can not wait to test :)
AW: MP2 development - almost alpha state Very hot pics...thx! i can not wait to test :)
It's some time ago that we had the last posting about MediaPortal 2. But that doesn't mean we are inactive. In the meantime, MP2...
Replies
Views
Still unhappy with dual HDHR tuner PIP. Run 1 channel, video plays fine, start PIP on 2nd channel, main video window video/audio plays in stop/starts with pauses. Pause or stop PIP window, main video plays cleanly, no pauses. Moved MePo2 timeshiftbuffer to external USB3 HDD (not flash/thumb drive), same problem. CPU activity about...
Still unhappy with dual HDHR tuner PIP. Run 1 channel, video plays fine, start PIP on 2nd channel, main video window video/audio...
Installed MePo2 on test system. Same system ran MePo1 without significant CPU performance problems. With LAV/DXVA2 MePo1 runs with...
Replies
Views
This thread is now closed, the information regarding why XP is not being supported in MP2 has been explained. Please take this as final.
This thread is now closed, the information regarding why XP is not being supported in MP2 has been explained. Please take this as...
Wow, just wow. Can you guys kick someone any more while they are down ? I actually came here to help code plugins/themes for MP2...
Replies
Views
hm. I have put back both the settings for refresh rate changer, and the prefer multi channel audio streams, but the problem has not come back. very odd. at least it's working though!
hm. I have put back both the settings for refresh rate changer, and the prefer multi channel audio streams, but the problem has not...
Update: more info added here LAV audio over HDMI not working until I pause then continue a video Hi I've just built a new HTPC...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TV Not Recording DE
I had this same problem with recording TV - the solution was that the default folder for recording specified in the config utility didn't exist. So why doesn't MediaPortal come up with an error? Or why can't it just create a folder automatically that's specified in the config?!
I had this same problem with recording TV - the solution was that the default folder for recording specified in the config utility...
Hi all, I have just upgraded to Windows 10 and subsequently needed Media Portal. Love the whole set up but when I am trying to...
Replies
Views
Hi. Yes they should be enough. The only thing that matters and nice to hear...(y)
Hi. Yes they should be enough. The only thing that matters and nice to hear...(y)
Hi Can someone please tell me how you delete a TV recording once it has the status of watched against it? I know it sounds dumb...
Replies
Views
Looks like the issue was because I had NET 4.5 installed instead of 4.5.1 Thanks for your help.
Looks like the issue was because I had NET 4.5 installed instead of 4.5.1 Thanks for your help.
Hi, when i try to install the new alpha 2 release i always get stuck on the starting server section, error is from log...
Replies
Views
Yes, for the pedantic, MediaPortal2_2.3, released 10/22/2020. I did say the most recent version, whatever. Still the problem is the VC 2008 SP1 requirement/installation. Thanks for the correct link, I did find that after my initial post--the wiki should be updated. The real solution is, or likely to be, make sure you can install VC...
Yes, for the pedantic, MediaPortal2_2.3, released 10/22/2020. I did say the most recent version, whatever. Still the problem is the...
Repeated attempts at first install of get this error at an early stage. No obvious clue what is causing it. It managed to...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Various questions DE
OK, like I said before, then it is better I wait to the next release before I try again to go from MP1 to MP2. But the good part is that I now have a better feeling of MP2, even if I have not even started a movie yet, tried subtitles, trailers etc, I know much more. Thanks for your hard work and all help in this thread :) And when the...
OK, like I said before, then it is better I wait to the next release before I try again to go from MP1 to MP2. But the good part is...
It is probably something I have done wrong, but I can't get MP2 to work as well as MP1. I really would like it to, as I like the...
Replies
Views
I am using a Silverstone LC10M that has a iMon VFD, and it works fine for me with Windows 8.1, update 1, and MediaPortal 1.8.0 Pre-Release. I would also agree after the recent re-write this works better, as I no longer have to manually copy files in to the MediaPortal folder to make it work. I can't comment about the remote as I have...
I am using a Silverstone LC10M that has a iMon VFD, and it works fine for me with Windows 8.1, update 1, and MediaPortal 1.8.0...
Anyone still running iMon VFD (with the PAD remote) specifically with Windows 8.1? I am weighing my options moving from Windows 7...
Replies
Views
Done that, thank you.. Now, I know I have seen this list previously, and I recall clicking on 'freeview'.. but I don't remember how I got there. I've tried clicking on 'install TV DVR' but it just whirls around looking for a tuner which I don't have. Age wearies me, and it all feels like a bit of a labyrinth. :(
Done that, thank you.. Now, I know I have seen this list previously, and I recall clicking on 'freeview'.. but I don't remember how...
Hopefully this is a simple question, since I expected it to be a simple issue. I've just installed MP2, I need to input an IPTV url...
Replies
Views
Working fine here on WHS2011 :)
Working fine here on WHS2011 :)
Team MediaPortal is proud to release yet another alpha build of the upcoming HTPC revolution - MediaPortal 2! A lot of work has...
Replies
Views
Hi Wondering if the logs I supplied may have shed any light on the problems I am having trying to use MP2 with my BlackGold TV card? Thanks TW
Hi Wondering if the logs I supplied may have shed any light on the problems I am having trying to use MP2 with my BlackGold TV...
Hi everyone My good old MP1 setup requires constant reboots and will not use alternative codecs anymore, (plus I would like to use...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Live TV Flicker/Flash (1 Viewer) DE
Thanks Kari, Your solution solved my SD problems. When only YLE has free-to-air HD channels, the tuner becomes useless since YLE's content is available online. (GS 8400 graphics card still works!)
Thanks Kari, Your solution solved my SD problems. When only YLE has free-to-air HD channels, the tuner becomes useless since...
MP2 on owner build PC. Nvidia GeForce 210 driver version 341.95 1gb 8gb ram Windows 10 64bit Samsung TV running at 60hz and 1080p...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I must have read the wiki too fast :ooops:
Thanks, I must have read the wiki too fast :ooops:
Hi all! In the last days and weeks, we evaluated Git for MP2 and we did lots of tests and lots of work to prepare the final...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom