General (74 Viewers)

MP1 MP2 [solved] MP2 TV Logo Management (2 Viewers) DE
IIRC the logo manager repository was developed by @offbyone. As I have seen him active recently, maybe he can assist here?
IIRC the logo manager repository was developed by @offbyone. As I have seen him active recently, maybe he can assist here?
Hello, TV logos in MP2 are added through a self-managed process: users may post their requests for new TV channel logos and/or...
Replies
Views
Hello MP2 community, MediaPortal 2 includes full multi-language support thanks to some very helpful translators. While the main languages de, fr, it and sv are fully updated, all other languages unfortunately are incomplete. We are therefore looking for volunteers who would adopt their individual language to complete and monitor the...
Hello MP2 community, MediaPortal 2 includes full multi-language support thanks to some very helpful translators. While the main...
Hello MP2 community, MediaPortal 2 includes full multi-language support thanks to some very helpful translators. While the main...
Replies
Views
Hi, just a notification. An user has made a tool for generating .nfo files and copying artwork from Moving Pictures and MyTVSeries to help in transition from MP1 to MP2. Related thread: [solved] - Export tool and import support from MP-TVSeries & Moving Pictures to MP2 Link to the tool is in post #6. Maybe this is of interest for...
Hi, just a notification. An user has made a tool for generating .nfo files and copying artwork from Moving Pictures and MyTVSeries...
Hi, just a notification. An user has made a tool for generating .nfo files and copying artwork from Moving Pictures and MyTVSeries...
Replies
Views
Thank you both for your quick response. I am aware of the BDA driver and the fact that your support commitments. I was just afraid that you actively had choosen a path that would make it absolutely impossible for me to get success on Windows 2012 server. I'll give it a try.
Thank you both for your quick response. I am aware of the BDA driver and the fact that your support commitments. I was just afraid...
Hi guys and gals! Finally we managed it to provide an Alpha version of MediaPortal 2. Thanks to our fantastic team! Thanks to all...
Replies
Views
@aspik @morpheus_xx I gave the D2D version a try and document my first impressions here. I understood, that there are capacity bottle necks and at first the MP2.1 Final is target. (+) impressions: Fadeouts have a higher quality. There is no break point when the opacity come to almost 0 as in current version In general all shapes are...
@aspik @morpheus_xx I gave the D2D version a try and document my first impressions here. I understood, that there are capacity...
This thread is about discussion of the idea to switch MP2 rendering to a newer DX version. The current situation (as of 12/2014)...
Replies
Views
Thanks, perfect! Not a problem. I have enough of them - and JSchuricht has even more ;) Just want to make sure that for those who have properly tagged files and/or correct nfo-files nothing is broken. Which seems to be the case for you.
Thanks, perfect! Not a problem. I have enough of them - and JSchuricht has even more ;) Just want to make sure that for those who...
I am having a weird issue in movies. I think it's one movie, not sure which that is causing "this view could not be built" to pop...
Replies
Views
People have provided unofficial install for Windows Media Center to work under Windows 10?? How, tell me more about this?? Because I do know that WMC can still be installed in Windows 10 so I did installed the unofficial version of WMC in Windows 10 but it didn't have the Ceton TV Tuner Wizard in it that why every time I click on the...
People have provided unofficial install for Windows Media Center to work under Windows 10?? How, tell me more about this?? Because...
: Description I think I have 2.1 Media Portal 2 I am really not sure, but when I click on the Live TV Icon it attempts to load...
Replies
Views
Is there any other solution at this time? I have 900+ movies, of which a few DOZEN did not import with the correct info...
Is there any other solution at this time? I have 900+ movies, of which a few DOZEN did not import with the correct info...
Hi. Link to German thread...
Replies
Views
I have now enabled sleep 3 minutes hibernate 5 minutes. I dont like my little blinking light on the pc. Xmltv to wake up at 0300hrs every night to download digiguide EPG. i changed the xmltv console run to start at 0300. 30 seconds. The last things i will do is enable password protection on wake up. But also i need to confirm that...
I have now enabled sleep 3 minutes hibernate 5 minutes. I dont like my little blinking light on the pc. Xmltv to wake up at...
Hello HTPCSourcer, Oops & thanks for the reply. Could you send me a link that best describes how to set power settings in mp2...
Replies
Views
Just fixed on Transifex. thx.
Just fixed on Transifex. thx.
MediaPortal 2 includes full multi-language support not only for the GUI, but also for additional tools like MP2-ServiceMonitor etc...
Replies
Views
Well, we got an alpha ahead of win8 :D
Well, we got an alpha ahead of win8 :D
The Summer is getting hot - MP2 Alpha 1 Summer Release is there ! The development of MediaPortal 2 made a good progress! On our...
Replies
Views
Hello. First of all - thanks for your amazing work - the screenshots look absolutely fantastic. I just tried to test the new Summer Alpha release, but interestingly none of my Series are recognized (except of one Series one Season). And even for this Series no Fanart or anything is downloaded. The installation is a multi-seat-setup...
Hello. First of all - thanks for your amazing work - the screenshots look absolutely fantastic. I just tried to test the new Summer...
After we have discussed about new metadata aspects (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/discussion-of-metadata-tags.105951/)...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Various questions DE
OK, like I said before, then it is better I wait to the next release before I try again to go from MP1 to MP2. But the good part is that I now have a better feeling of MP2, even if I have not even started a movie yet, tried subtitles, trailers etc, I know much more. Thanks for your hard work and all help in this thread :) And when the...
OK, like I said before, then it is better I wait to the next release before I try again to go from MP1 to MP2. But the good part is...
It is probably something I have done wrong, but I can't get MP2 to work as well as MP1. I really would like it to, as I like the...
Replies
Views
Hi ge2301 Thank you for your prompt reply I have tried using both a keyboard (F8 test) and a remote configured with mappings as attached. All have failed to jump to the next chapter for a recording that has chapters built using comskip. Works via mouse click at bottom of the player (See MP2-05) MP2 version 2.4 Skin is Default WMC...
Hi ge2301 Thank you for your prompt reply I have tried using both a keyboard (F8 test) and a remote configured with mappings as...
I got the comskip setup and it runs and generates the .txt files that show the locations of the commercials. When I playback the...
Replies
Views
Yes, @osre implemented the stop processes action via named pipes. Debugging on your system would be a bit tricky, as I would have to either write you all steps how to set a dev environment or do it remotely using team viewer. Providing a custom build would be better, but as you wrote you had/have issues with your OS, I would also...
Yes, @osre implemented the stop processes action via named pipes. Debugging on your system would be a bit tricky, as I would have...
I tried to install MediaPortal 2 onto my PC running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I received the error message:- I have...
Replies
Views
GPU ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series GPU Release 2009/02/06 DX Hardware Level 10.1 Driver Version 8.970.100.3000 Driver Date 04.07.2012 Starts OK Comments Win7 x64
GPU ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series GPU Release 2009/02/06 DX Hardware Level 10.1 Driver...
This thread is related to https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/concept-switch-mp2-to-d3d11-d2d-rendering.128849/. To get an...
Replies
Views
Certainly an interesting discussion... :) From my perspective my needs as a user have changed over time, the geek in me is happy to try out new builds, tweak away and work around bugs, but since I now have 2 young children, more demanding job my free time is far more limited than it used to be. I think that having both MP1 & MP2 is...
Certainly an interesting discussion... :) From my perspective my needs as a user have changed over time, the geek in me is happy...
It can already be used in a production system? And then I put it on his test. He had is of little use for everyday use.
Replies
Views
Hi. I think so ;) But the release date will be after summer holidays, I fear... Be patient
Hi. I think so ;) But the release date will be after summer holidays, I fear... Be patient
Since the release of our 10th anniversary edition we made big progress in development. So we feel that it's time to share some new...
Replies
Views
When they are ready, no sooner, no later, have patience. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/upcoming-mp2-alpha-release-todo-list.95975/page-5#post-831902
When they are ready, no sooner, no later, have patience...
After long time of development the MP2 core is stable to be released as a first "Alpha" version! To create a version to release...
Replies
Views
Hi Wondering if the logs I supplied may have shed any light on the problems I am having trying to use MP2 with my BlackGold TV card? Thanks TW
Hi Wondering if the logs I supplied may have shed any light on the problems I am having trying to use MP2 with my BlackGold TV...
Hi everyone My good old MP1 setup requires constant reboots and will not use alternative codecs anymore, (plus I would like to use...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 and MP1 running together? (1 Viewer) DE
Hi. As mentioned already, both are part of the main MP2 system. Moving pictures compared to MP2 Movies "module" is nearly on the same level with slightly more features (e.g. for genres) on MovingPictures side where MP2 has better support for collections and moviesets.. But the series part of MP2 is much, much better than TVSeries...
Hi. As mentioned already, both are part of the main MP2 system. Moving pictures compared to MP2 Movies "module" is nearly on the...
Hello all, FAQ-page says that MP1 and MP2 are completely segregated...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 TV Server DE
there are still some big performance problems, so nothing is decided yet :) We currently fighting with MP 1.3 and want to change our workflow after that...., but thats a different story ;)
there are still some big performance problems, so nothing is decided yet :) We currently fighting with MP 1.3 and want to change...
Hi Guys, Looking forward to a release of MP2 but just wanted to ask a question about the TV Server. Will this be built into MP2...
Replies
Views
Hello Guys, seems I nailed down the Root Cause of the slow GUI and Video- / Live-TV Performance: I tried to disable the GDATA Internet Security Suite - all Components at once as well as in serial Order each Service one by one. Result: No real Change - using this Method to get down to the Root Cause was not successful. However after...
Hello Guys, seems I nailed down the Root Cause of the slow GUI and Video- / Live-TV Performance: I tried to disable the GDATA...
Hello Folks, I have just upgraded successfully from MediaPortal 2.0 Sping 16 Release to the lately released MediaPortal 2.1. While...
Replies
Views
Hey there My new Gf has a acer x113 DLP Projektor an now I both some Shutterglasses supercheap 3D over vga So first I tested stereoscopic player, than found Sview it's free, both supports it. Thing is, some of the movies I find are SBS,halfSBS and some are top bottom. As far as I can tell, I ned them mixed together or one after the...
Hey there My new Gf has a acer x113 DLP Projektor an now I both some Shutterglasses supercheap 3D over vga So first I tested...
Inspired by the great new plugin...
Replies
Views
This thread is now closed, the information regarding why XP is not being supported in MP2 has been explained. Please take this as final.
This thread is now closed, the information regarding why XP is not being supported in MP2 has been explained. Please take this as...
Wow, just wow. Can you guys kick someone any more while they are down ? I actually came here to help code plugins/themes for MP2...
Replies
Views
I've been testing a few more disc images......only 2 fail to play so far. The only common theme is the fact they both have the number 2 in the title! Very strange. :confused: I've circa 310 blu-ray images on HDD and i'm not going to test all of them! I'll leave a piece of paper and pen out and when the rest of the family try and...
I've been testing a few more disc images......only 2 fail to play so far. The only common theme is the fact they both have the...
Looking to migrate from WMC and MyMovies -> MediaPortal2 :) My movie folder structure is as follows..... E: -> Blu-Ray -> A...
Replies
Views
Oh ok, cool, that explains that then.
Oh ok, cool, that explains that then.
Hi all Mediaportal user for years, considering now to move to MP2. I have all my media in a NAS, which is a Linux server sharing...
Replies
Views
Good luck, I am really not too sure how well CAM and MP work together with any tuner. Just a thought would it not be cheaper to just buy another C1+ card then there would be no need to prioritise the tuners? BTW the TBS Deutschland website specifically states that C1+ cards are not supported but I think that is a local issue with the...
Good luck, I am really not too sure how well CAM and MP work together with any tuner. Just a thought would it not be cheaper to...
Hi, I have installed the MP2 server ion a Win11 server, for Swedish DVB-T2 channels with CAM/CI+. I have never used MP before, but...
Replies
Views
Just updated the wiki - thanks a lot, breese!
Just updated the wiki - thanks a lot, breese!
In an effort to test the new MP2, SQLite, and custom install. I wanted to install MP2 onto my Raid5 (F: ) because it is extramly...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Centon Inifini TV DE
If the problem was copy protection (wasn't confirmed), then WMC and SiliconDust's HDHomeRun application (for their own tuners) are the only options for the PC. DVR Service - Silicon Dust Protected channel requirements - Silicondust
If the problem was copy protection (wasn't confirmed), then WMC and SiliconDust's HDHomeRun application (for their own tuners) are...
@mm1352000 mm, this is breese and I am assisting RonD with his MP2 install and config. The card in his machine I do not know very...
Replies
Views
If I may chime in, there's more interest for this than seems on first sight. IMO it's MP's TV server that is its strongest card and should be ported first. I do recognise @offbyone 's comment about it containing the most OS-specific code though. Anyway, I'm attempting to make it work on linux (I'd like my TV server to run on a...
If I may chime in, there's more interest for this than seems on first sight. IMO it's MP's TV server that is its strongest card and...
Hi everyone, I've been thinking of trying to port MediaPortal 2 to Linux for some time now. I realize there were a lot of tries...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 TVE 3.5 DE
Tried it and setup fails. Current setup: - windows 10 - media portal 1 with disabled tv server - argus 2.3 plugin for recording Tried: - install of media portal 2 (successfull) - removed tve 3 - downloaded and copied tve 3.5 - ran setuptv The last step resulted in the error that tv service was not started, request to start? Clicked...
Tried it and setup fails. Current setup: - windows 10 - media portal 1 with disabled tv server - argus 2.3 plugin for recording...
Tried 03 aug snapshot, but want to test latest tve3.5 (I'm interested in the server part, especially live tv). Where can I download...
Replies
Views
Still unhappy with dual HDHR tuner PIP. Run 1 channel, video plays fine, start PIP on 2nd channel, main video window video/audio plays in stop/starts with pauses. Pause or stop PIP window, main video plays cleanly, no pauses. Moved MePo2 timeshiftbuffer to external USB3 HDD (not flash/thumb drive), same problem. CPU activity about...
Still unhappy with dual HDHR tuner PIP. Run 1 channel, video plays fine, start PIP on 2nd channel, main video window video/audio...
Installed MePo2 on test system. Same system ran MePo1 without significant CPU performance problems. With LAV/DXVA2 MePo1 runs with...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom